Sign in to follow this  
fer

BAS f

Hello guys

It's the first i am working with BAS f 1.0

i still get a problem with Kegetys Spectator Script !

I have tried script in the editor via Radio menu

but i always get an error message

"resources rsrSpectate not found!"

did anyone know this problem ?

Thx for any help

Hello guys

Thx for any help

Are you:

a) Making your mission starting with the BAS f mission folder?

b) Activating Kegetys' spectator script as per the instructions in the BAS f manual?

Because if you are doing both of the above, it should only be a question of changing the file extension on one file. The only time this would more complicated is if you are trying to restrict who can see which units - but again, this is covered in the manual, and only involves editing one small file.

The error you are reporting appears to indicate some of all of the files used by the script are missing.

Does this help at all?

- Fer smile_o.gif

IMO this a "must have" (or at least read) for every MP missionmaker. Great work BAS!

High praise indeed! Thanks KC - it's much appreciated smile_o.gif

More to come from BAS f soon ...

Hello guys

Thx for any help

Are you:

a) Making your mission starting with the BAS f mission folder?

b) Activating Kegetys' spectator script as per the instructions in the BAS f manual?

Because if you are doing both of the above, it should only be a question of changing the file extension on one file. The only time this would more complicated is if you are trying to restrict who can see which units - but again, this is covered in the manual, and only involves editing one small file.

The error you are reporting appears to indicate some of all of the files used by the script are missing.

Does this help at all?

- Fer smile_o.gif

first at all thanks for help Fer

a) yes of course

b) same too

I use the ShackTactical file template and UPS

@ Fangschuss - please can you PM me a link to your current mission folder (as a ZIP or RAR file)? I would like to take a look and see if I can diagnose the issue. Thanks smile_o.gif

Hey BAS!!

You are doing great job with this framework, but did you ever consider framework for SP missions/campaign ?? A lot of new missionmakers has problems with description.ext content.

... did you ever consider framework for SP missions/campaign ?? A lot of new missionmakers has problems with description.ext content.

If other people are really interested in this idea (a version of BAS f for SP/Campaign), I would be happy to start gathering ideas / a project team. If you (and others) can post your wishlists here, that would be great.

@ Fangschuss - please can you PM me a link to your current mission folder (as a ZIP or RAR file)? I would like to take a look and see if I can diagnose the issue. Thanks smile_o.gif

Thanks again Fer

I rebuild the mission, now it's work great, don't know that going wrong at the time crazy_o.gif

REQUEST: Help us plan ...

The BAS f project team ( which keeps growing! ) is currently working on an updated build of our mission development framework, which should be released soon. We're nearly at a good point to stop, and start planning the next wave of additions / updates to the framework. However, rather than limit the brainstorming to the just project team, we would like to involve you, the mission designers, in our planning.

If you use, or have used, BAS f, we'd like to hear from you. What you liked, what you didn't, and what you felt could have been better, or clearer. Whilst we can't promise to make or fix every suggestion or request, we are really keen to hear from you. So please post your BAS f experiences, thoughts and suggestions here.

Many thanks,

Fer <TZW> smile_o.gif

Hi Fer. I use the framework all the time and it is just great.

xmas_o.gif

One suggestion: Maybe add instructions concerning OnPlayerConnected file about skipping possible intro?

I've searched and tried everything I know and have read but I usually end up trashing the whole intro 'cos I can't make it skipped in JIP..... icon_rolleyes.gif

Hi Fer. I use the framework all the time and it is just great.

xmas_o.gif

One suggestion: Maybe add instructions concerning OnPlayerConnected file about skipping possible intro?

I've searched and tried everything I know and have read but I usually end up trashing the whole intro 'cos I can't make it skipped in JIP..... icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the vote of confidence, and the suggestion, Wittmann!

So are we writing this framework for Wittmann alone? C'mon, there must be other users out there with ideas / complaints ...

wink_o.gif

Hey Fer! I use this all the time also, mainly for my small LAN games, what i would like to see is more templates, CTF, C&H, etc.

If not no worries, this framework is perfect.

P.S. Hope you can maybe make a template on how to spawn units when a player is close, almost like the yomies mod, but maybe thats going a little to far from the framework...

Perhaps an explanation of how the server deals with locality - an example of which commands work for MP, which don't?

Good job with this BTW.

Perhaps an explanation of how the server deals with locality - an example of which commands work for MP, which don't?

Good job with this BTW.

Go load it all up on Fer rofl.gif

Add a template for creating vehicle respawns. BAS-f 1.0 is awesome, keep up the good work on this great tool. Its taught me a ton!

Good job with this BTW.

Go load it all up on Fer rofl.gif

It needn't be a theses. Just a short explanation and an example or two. wink_o.gif

Short? Ok, here you go:

Commands flagged with...

...local arguments

Will only take objects which are local to the computer the command is executed on as a parameter. If instead an object is given, which is not local to the computer (for instance an AI-Squad-Leader on a client / not a server) there will occur malfunctioning. For example (thanks to reador):

Calling an eject-command on a that AI-Squadleader from a client will make the Unit eject on the client while it's still boarded on all other computers.

...local effects

No matter what: The command will only take place on the computer it is executed on. Exempli Gratia: CreateVehicleLocal will create a Vehicle on the computer it is called on - not on any other. Don't ask me what it looks like on other clients if you board a vehicle which only exists on your computer rofl.gifwink_o.gif

..global effects.

No matter what: If called with the right arguments the command will take place even if only executed on one client. Exempli Gratia: CreateVehicle will create the according vehicle on all clients.

TRIGGERs:

...exist on all clients and are triggered independently on each client (each client checks the conditions on its own) while...

Game-LOGICS:

...only exist on the server. This is why in OFP you used to check whether a script got executed on a server rather than on a client with "NOT isNull gamelogic1" or "local gamelogic1".

The Init.sqf:

Is a special child of the local/global issue. When the server starts it firsts executes the init.sqf before all other. After the mission is launched the clients execute their init.sqf.

<span style='color:red'>NEW RELEASE</span>

BAS f v1-0-3

Introduction

This is the second official release of the BAS f mission framework for ArmA, which includes 30 core and optional components (some of which have been developed with premier gaming community, ShackTactical), and a 67-page illustrated manual which is available in English, German and Russian translations. All text strings used in this version have been translated into Czech, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish and French.

<span style='color:red'>What's New?

New in this release (compared to v1-0):

* Fixed version of Kegetys' Spectator Script (works with ArmA v1.08)

* ShackTactical: Markers (Addon Version)

* ShackTactical: Fireteam Markers (Addon Version)

* Automatic Body Removal (FIFO Version)

* ShackTactical: Briefing File (Coop Version)

* ShackTactical: Briefing File (Attack & Defend Version)

* Updated BAS f Common Local Variables (new: f_var_men_players)

* Updated ShackTactical: Baseline Mission File Template (doubled size of all platoons)

* Updated manual

Note: Some ShackTactical components in this release of BAS f are designed to work with the ShackTactical Markers Addon (a download link is provided).</span>

Information & Download Links

For more information and download links, please check the top post in this thread, here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=59444

Whoops. There is an error with v1-0-3. Working on a fixed version right now ...

<span style='color:red'>NEW RELEASE</span>

BAS f v1-0-3A

Introduction

This is the second official release of the BAS f mission framework for ArmA, which includes 30 core and optional components (some of which have been developed with premier gaming community, ShackTactical), and a 67-page illustrated manual which is available in English, German and Russian translations. All text strings used in this version have been translated into Czech, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish and French.

<span style='color:red'>What's New?

New in this release (compared to v1-0):

* Fixed version of Kegetys' Spectator Script (works with ArmA v1.08)

* ShackTactical: Markers (Addon Version)

* ShackTactical: Fireteam Markers (Addon Version)

* Automatic Body Removal (FIFO Version)

* ShackTactical: Briefing File (Coop Version)

* ShackTactical: Briefing File (Attack & Defend Version)

* Updated BAS f Common Local Variables (new: f_var_men_players)

* Updated ShackTactical: Baseline Mission File Template (doubled size of all platoons)

* Updated manual

Note: Some ShackTactical components in this release of BAS f are designed to work with the ShackTactical Markers Addon (a download link is provided).</span>

Information & Download Links

For more information and download links, please check the top post in this thread, here:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=59444

I've been using these BAS framework packs since 0-0-25 and they've really helped my mission making become a lot more efficient. There was one thing I was wondering though, would it be relatively simple to take a mission I've written using the 1-0-0 version of the BAS F and transfer it over to the newer version of the bas f, if so would it just be a case of taking the description, mission and briefing files and putting them into the new 1-0-3a folder ( obviously after changing the folder name to the same as my original mission)?

I've been using these BAS framework packs since 0-0-25 and they've really helped my mission making become a lot more efficient. There was one thing I was wondering though, would it be relatively simple to take a mission I've written using the 1-0-0 version of the BAS F and transfer it over to the newer version of the bas f, if so would it just be a case of taking the description, mission and briefing files and putting them into the new 1-0-3a folder ( obviously after changing the folder name to the same as my original mission)?

@ ATC Rogue - Glad to know you have found the framework useful. Here's how to update an old mission to the new version (presently v1-0-3A):

1. Rename the BAS f 1-0-3A folder to match the mission you are updating.

2. Copy the old mission.sqm and briefing.html files into the new folder.

3. Edit the new description.ext file so that it contains the same settings as your old version.

4. Edit the new init.sqf file so that it contains the same settings as your old version.

5. Edit the new f/common/f_spect/specta_init.sqf file so that it contains the same settings as your old version (if you are using a really old build of BAS f you may find this code block is still in your old init.sqf file.

6. Read the new sections of the manual to see how to enable any of the new components.

Hope that makes sense. In theory it should not take too long to do. Please let me know if you have any questions.

- Fer <TZW> smile_o.gif

icon_rolleyes.gif I think Bas-f is great.I just have one problem. Whenever i use the vehicle crew type check it works perfectly...until the "blackhawk" respawns and then anyone can use it , not just the pilot. Any help would be appreciated.

sincerely,

Texas*BDA* help.gif

Hey Texas*BDA*, I suspect this is why you are encountering this issue:

The crew check works by adding a 'GET IN' event handler to the vehicle at the start of the mission; Each time the handler is fired, the associated script(s) check to see if the person attempting to board is of the correct type. If you are respawning the helicopter, the respawned version(s) may not have the the event handler re-added, and hence will allow anyone to board. To get around this, you need to re-add the event handler during respawn. I'll paste the code you need to re-add below in a moment (switching PCs ...)

(... and switched). The code you need to re-add will look something like this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">MyBlackhawk addEventhandler ["GetIn", [_this,["SoldierWCrew"]] execVM "f\common\f_isAuthorisedCrewType.sqf"}];

Since I'm not sure how you are handling the respawns, I'm can't say exactly how you need to re-add this, but if you are using standard vehicle respawn markers you can probably add this code to any re-arming script.

Hope that helps. Really glad to know you are enjoying working with BAS f. The team is still working on new features, so subscribe to this thread ...

smile_o.gif

btw any chance you guys at bas can make a sort of progressive respawn template? Having the respawn base way and then when objective 1 is completed make a dialogue apear so players can choose between base 1 and the new conquered base 2 to respawn at. tounge2.gif im trying to find out how they do it in the berzerk missions but i cant even open 'em with the pbo tools and searching doesnt give me much yet. biggrin_o.gif