Sign in to follow this  
Goeth

FDF sound pack v1.0

Sadly, no. I only mirror stuff and try to help confused_o.gif

edit: already merged your M4 sounds with the FDF pack and loving it biggrin_o.gif

This is a video of most of the changes I made to FDF sound pack that I am personally and exclusively using in ArmA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4--aKxfBWM

I changed nearly all the small arms firing sounds and alot of the heavy guns like the heavy MG's and turret/arial guns. I changed about half of the explosion sounds, too.

Will an FDF member be interested in these sounds and releasing them in the next FDF sound pack release?

I really enjoyed you little video.

Please load up the soundpack anywhere, I would love to use it for my personal gaming.

I´ve upped a little preview video to youtube, in case somebody want´s to hear it before installing.

Doesnt the sounds seem uncalibrated?? i mean... you see the flash and then the sound.

I´ve upped a little preview video to youtube, in case somebody want´s to hear it before installing.

Doesnt the sounds seem uncalibrated?? i mean... you see the flash and then the sound.

Try to imagine a four years old rig playing a brand new game with an even newer sound soundmod and you´ll get the idea.

There´s nothing wrong with either the soundmod nor ArmA, it´s just my PC being bogged down by FRAPS tounge2.gif

I would like to use this but stealth tanks don't work for me.

Any chance of a new version?

I would like to use this but stealth tanks don't work for me.

Any chance of a new version?

Same here:

Good sounds, but tanks hardly audible. I was attacking a city when a BMP popped up 200m behind my squad and I didn't hear any tone. It mowed down half my squad. sad_o.gif

So this is the biggest letdown of this mod. Please fix this and use the new sounds from Novusordo then the sound mod would be great.

This is a video of most of the changes I made to FDF sound pack that I am personally and exclusively using in ArmA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4--aKxfBWM

I changed nearly all the small arms firing sounds and alot of the heavy guns like the heavy MG's and turret/arial guns. I changed about half of the explosion sounds, too.

Will an FDF member be interested in these sounds and releasing them in the next FDF sound pack release?

I really enjoyed you little video.

Please load up the soundpack anywhere, I would love to use it for my personal gaming.

Well I don't want to piss off the FDF team so I'm waiting to see if they would b interested in including my sounds in their next release. But luckily for you, it's not hard to merge my currently available soundpack with FDF's. all you need is a pbo extracter and a wss en/decoder.

Well I don't want to piss off the FDF team so I'm waiting to see if they would b interested in including my sounds in their next release.

Not interested thanks.

Well I don't want to piss off the FDF team so I'm waiting to see if they would b interested in including my sounds in their next release.

Not interested thanks.

and why not?

Not interested thanks.

and why not?

Is it that hard to understand "Not interested thanks." whistle.gif

@Goeth well i see you have a sound for Moving in your Mod but i can't hear it when i walk around?

Quote[/b] ]and why not?

Because it's FDF. The most zenophobic mod team in OFP and ArmA.

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]it's cos your mentally ill.

Oh, and also because of that ...

it's cos your mentally ill.

WL +1 for flaming/insulting other users.

Stunning work.

It really adds to ArmA. First time I actually enjoyed Arma last night, as it should be enjoyed.. A combination of a stable patch and a good sound mod

Not interested thanks.

and why not?

Is it that hard to understand "Not interested thanks." whistle.gif

@Goeth well i see you have a sound for Moving in your Mod but i can't hear it when i walk around?

u are a fucking cocky little twat. u fucking germany bastard i bet your such a twat in r/l that you play games all day long. u poor bastard.

And one more, no worries we have infinite amount of WLs here, just for you.

I'm starting to get tired of you Novusordo.

and why not?

They´re not that hot in my opinion.

Yes it was there but i needed to take it out on the final release because it is not working properly, in ofp additionalSound config entry were only played when player was moving but in ArmA it´s a bit strange and it plays the sample all the time, even when the player is standing still. Or i might be doing something wrong.

I installed your mod on our server and everyone who played loved it to bits. The only thing we didn't like was that the tanks are way, way too quiet.

I do have a couple of questions:

1) Like I said, we loved the sound pack, but the tanks are too quiet. I'd like to know if this is going to be fixed?

2) A couple of our players reported problems with their sounds - no shooting sounds, very quiet chopper sounds which suddenly become super-loud, and so on. They tried switching hardware acceleration and EAX on/off but it didn't help much. Has this ever been reported by anyone else?

Otherwise, thank you for this awesome sound pack. It really makes ArmA a lot more enjoyable.

1) Like I said, we loved the sound pack, but the tanks are too quiet. I'd like to know if this is going to be fixed?

2) A couple of our players reported problems with their sounds - no shooting sounds, very quiet chopper sounds which suddenly become super-loud, and so on. They tried switching hardware acceleration and EAX on/off but it didn't help much. Has this ever been reported by anyone else?

1) Yes it´s going to be fixed one way or another. The way you now hear them is outcome of trying adjust the vehicle sound levels to more realistic ones, with bis default levels the m1a1 can be heard to 4 km and that is just too much and something had to be done.

2) Not reported before, not much we can do about it really. Are the bis default sounds working on those players normally?