Sign in to follow this  
marcusm_uk

CH-47 Chinook can it be converted?

I really miss this helicopter from OFP. Is anyone converting this one to ArmA? In my opinion, it makes even more sense to have it, on a bigger island.

Marcus

The BIS model was good, get the BAS model in that was ace notworthy.gif

even the BAS model wouldn't be perfect for Arma. They used far more textures that is the new standard, as did the OFP CH47 (I'm sure deadmeat won't mind me saying that, he's admitted it to me on a few occasions)

rather someone did the chopper some justice and optimized it for ArmA. I think Afro's chinook may be far more optimized for the engine, given its the most recent ofp chinook, and I think he was quite keen to have efficient texture panels.

On the old Chinook model:

I actually already tried to port my OFP-Chinook to ArmA. Results can be seen here:

http://lenny.liquid-skill.de/arma_wokka_01.jpg

http://lenny.liquid-skill.de/arma_wokka_02.jpg

But the flight modell and some other stuff was weird, so basically unplayable. When BIS releases their tools and/or some tutorials are made on how to get Addons working in ArmA I'll perhaps try to make a quick import of the chopper again.

On the new Chinook model:

I'm still working on a new Chinook model. The Chinook you see on the pictures is the British version. It could be easily converted to a US, Italian or Australian Chinook.

Chinook_01_s.jpg

Chinook_02_s.jpg

But I don't have that much time for editing anymore so it'll probably take a couple of months until I'm finished with it. I think that RKSL studios is working on a Chinook too for their "British Expeditionary Forces" project.

But the flight modell and some other stuff was weird, so basically unplayable. When BIS releases their tools and/or some tutorials are made on how to get Addons working in ArmA I'll perhaps try to make a quick import of the chopper again.

or you could ask granQ or gnat for some tips on editing the config, they made their own helos for Arma.

You're chinook looks very nice (on arma and on the other screens), i hope it'll boost your motivation to work on your Mh-53 smile_o.gif

ps: so you don't think any more that arma suxx ? wink_o.gif glad to read this

... this thing looks freakin mean in frongt view !!

Looking forward to it !!!

(*contniuesworkingonhisownaddonbecause3dsmaxcopyarrivedtoday*)

The Chinook model looks very good, shame it is not the Dutch version though wink_o.gif

Do you have any plans to convert your NH-90TTH to Armed Assault? Your OFP version is one of my favourite transport helicopters.

Regards,

Sander

Woah that is one mean looking chinook!!! Great stuff cant wait to see it in arma

I've no plans to convert the NH90, but if someone wants to do it himself he has my permission. Same goes for the released Chinook.

Ps: ArmA still kind a suxxs for me. Performance improved a little with the latest patch but still not optimal. But well, OFP got boring and there isn't really any other alternative out. (AFSOC project is still and will stay dead)

Bit offtopic...

Does your decission about leaving G85 again stay the same even though you now may mod for ArmA?

Just asking smile_o.gif

Check the Mapfact / Marco Polo CH-47D, its just released for ArmA.

not bad, but i got a question for you, do you get any errors when you start the missions and crap like that, because im currently converting a C130 and this is all i got

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/8673/hawkefp6.png

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/5268/hawke2kd0.jpg

my main problem is that i cant get any things to move, like flaps or cargo ramps or doors, but im only going by the config file