Sign in to follow this  
Codename46

My personal take on ArmA

Bikes and helicopters are a Blast to pilot with a Joystick.

Get rid of the mouse/keyboard for piloting vehicles and you shall enter a new world of wonders...

Although the 'bird' thing is quite funny, imo only ppl who have never ever downed a single mp3 or whatever something you should pay for can really make fun of this guy.

My guess is that nobody will pass this test (including forum moderators) ... I certainly don't pass this test.

That said, the birdy thing is kinda funny:)

So THAT's the famous copyprotection opf had?

I've seen numerous illegal copies running and i never seen anything like that happen. Even tried to invoke it; it never happened...

(just to be sure: i own legal copies of both games)

Good thing the protection bit does seem to work on arma.

Hey guys ! i just took today my copy of Arma at last and now i'm a happy man yay.gif installed the 1.05 patch and everything runs without any problem . i like everything i've seen , the visual enviroment is wonderful , by example, driving a car by night is just a real experience , incredible notworthy.gif but i have some little thing i should improve in incoming patchs biggrin_o.gif

- the soldiers have a real strange faces , they look like aliens , those eyes are not normal , i'm scared... crazy_o.gif

-the movement of the soldiers is not natural , specially the running , is too robotic i think , sanctuary has a lot of work here tounge2.gif

- why the UH-60 don't have a working copilot like in real life, now that the 12 man limit is broken the gunships could have their complete crew , pilor , copilot and side gunners huh.gif

that everything by now , i'm going to take a ride by those wonderful islands yay.gif

The thing annoying me is that you can reverse using motorbikes without puting down your foot and going full speed into a wall without falling of the bike. tounge2.gif

firefoxlover.gif

Does ArmA use the FADE technology? I was under the impression they used Securom for ArmA... huh.gif

Does ArmA use the FADE technology? I was under the impression they used Securom for ArmA... huh.gif

It is against forum rules to discuss copyright protection. But, Suma has said before on this forum that Codemasters own the rights to the FADE name but there is something else in there. If you want any more information you'll have to search for it!

That is too funny. Yah, BIS figured out a way to detect an illegal copy when someone makes a perfect copy of the original disk that doesn't get detected by on disk based protection, MAN< this is what I feared most about fade that people would start claiming legitimate bugs were FADE in action.

That is too funny. Yah, BIS figured out a way to detect an illegal copy when someone makes a perfect copy of the original disk that doesn't get detected by on disk based protection, MAN< this is what I feared most about fade that people would start claiming legitimate bugs were FADE in action.

Nothing in this life is perfect.

Although the 'bird' thing is quite funny, imo only ppl who have never ever downed a single mp3 or whatever something you should pay for can really make fun of this guy.

My guess is that nobody will pass this test (including forum moderators) ... I certainly don't pass this test.

That said, the birdy thing is kinda funny:)

It's got nothing to do with whether you're a saint or not. It's about getting busted, because of your ignorant big mouth.

*MINOR DETAIL: Your hands often don't sync up with the rails when you're climbing a ladder. Minor cosmetic detail. No biggie.

*MODERATE DETAIL: Bohemia somehow doesn't like to accurately show you reloading your weapon. Since OFP, all there is is some off-screen hand movement manipulating your weapon, and a few seconds later, you're done. Red Storm did an excellent job with reloading animation in Rainbow Six: Vegas. I wish Bohemia did the same.

ladders and hands: in the history of computer gaming, no game has ever gotten that right. you'd be a fool to expect it here. it doesn't even matter.

reloading: you've gotta be kidding. this game has the best reloading animation - ever! you actually see how the magazine is removed from the well, put in the pocket and the fresh one is inserted. there's few games that have correct reloading animations. this is one of them.

it's one thing to point out bugs and problems, but building a "review" on irrelevant issues and plain wrong facts and getting busted for having a pirated copy is just priceless.

Fred are you being sarcastic? I was about to point out that you were wrong but now it just looks like sarcasm.

I'll just say it anyway:

Several games have got the ladder animation perfect. Splinter Cell and Hitman being two of them.

The reloading animations in ArmA just have the magazine disappear at the start of the anim and reappear at the end. Far from the best ever. GRAW PC had excellent animations with weapons, every action with them was animated including looking through sights and changing fire modes.

Of course these are not major issues in a game like ArmA, just minor details.

As for getting busted with a pirated copy: nener.gifrofl.gif . More games should use the kind of software copy protection that BIS does.

take a look at "an well known pirate" forums, and see for urself, how the pirate community "likes" the fade.

Quote[/b] ]I knew this wasn't going to be for me when I saw the control setup options. The only thing missing is a bind for "swat fly", "take piss" and "scratch balls".

The deal breaker for me is that the right mouse button can't be used for move forward. Too bad...I usually only encounter that issue with valuesoft and console port crappiness.

Aside from the fact this munches my 7900GTX SLI setup, it looks like it would have been decent.

Oh well...back to the mountain of unplayed discs...

Quote[/b] ]I'm giving up PC games, it is completely clear that modern copy protections won the battle and todays groups are some unknowledged silly lamers.
Quote[/b] ]well you can whine about it, but it won't help. the developers have some sort of personal vendetta against pirates.

Quote[/b] ]is this worth down...erm...buying?

LOL biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

MAN< this is what I feared most about fade that people would start claiming legitimate bugs were FADE in action.

You're right, it is a bit scary. Watch out, soon we may see people saying "What do you mean the campaign is lousy? You must have a pirate version because my campaign was fun, thought-provoking and a real intellectual treat! HAY GUSY HES A PIRAT BAN HIM!"

whistle.gif

It works the other way too.

Given the nature of ArmA's very staggered release, I would imagine a lot of gaming "early adopters" got a pirate version to take for a spin while they wait for the real deal to hit store shelves. How many of these "early adopters" ended up telling their friends, "Don't buy this game when it comes, you keep turning into a bird and the shooting is all screwed up"?

Okay maybe it's not that common. crazy_o.gif

This kind of copy protection is very clever, I'd go so far as to say ingenious. But it does have a downside. To lose even 0.2% of prospective buyers because of the confusion caused is a shame.

Noone's yet written in with any fade behaviour that looks like a legitimate bug. It all sounds like fade except for that seagull poem, that's new.

They should put a text, when having the shooting thing, that says something like, "Legitimate soldiers shoots straight", so that it wont

appear, like a bug inthe game.

alltough most of the pirated version owner's know all about the fade issues allready.

Fade isn't anything special. It just detects a false CD key.

Makes me laugh when people further the Fade myth by bestowing mystical powers on what is only a computer program.

Are you the guys that run outside with your PCs holding them at arms length when you get told it has a virus?

And just to stop the flamers I have bought ArmA (and OPF).

Another copy-protection thread bites the dust.