Sign in to follow this  
d3dsh33p

dual core fix and possible tk solution

Ok for the dual core users out there what I've found to fix the slowdown solution since the patch is to set your arma process to use only one core...

to do this you can do it one of 2 ways

either set your bios to only run one core at a time or...

once you've started the game alt tab out and then ctrl-alt-dlt to bring up your process window. Once there right click the arma.exe process and set affinity to cpu 1 only..

this fixed my crazy slow down, thx BIS for making it hard on the people that decided dual core is the way of the future..

Ok next as far as TKers go

seems to me if we set objects and people to a certain type of interaction with the playable characters that we could stop tking all together

what I mean is if someone shoots at a character or vehicle etc then instead of them hurting that item or person it returns the damage only back to them.

this may sound complicated but I've seen it in many other games.

accidents do happen... but in the long run this should make the game overall more playable to many more people.

So if a player accidently fires 10 ffar into a crouded area and tk's , he still dies and falls out of the sky. I know this isn't realistic but the option should be able to be turned off also...

just a thought

Ok for the dual core users out there what I've found to fix the slowdown solution since the patch is to set your arma process to use only one core...

to do this you can do it one of 2 ways

either set your bios to only run one core at a time or...

once you've started the game alt tab out and then ctrl-alt-dlt to bring up your process window. Once there right click the arma.exe process and set affinity to cpu 1 only..

this fixed my crazy slow down, thx BIS for making it hard on the people that decided dual core is the way of the future..

This has been mentioned here about one trillion times before. But thanks again. smile_o.gif

Curious -

I actually gained a good few Fps by gettting a program that more-less forces both cores on while running Arma- are you implying that the 1.05 patch will not run on dual cores now?

Thanks for the suggestion but it made no difference. sad_o.gif Intel C2D E6600, latest XP dual core fix is installed ( WindowsXP-KB896256-v4-x86-ENU.exe ).

I have and AMD X2 and the games runs with no slowdown with both cores with an affinity restriction or not.

The problem with team killers is that they so want the kill that shoot first and identify later. You can't do that in this game, they have to change the way they play.

--Ben

there is an anti TK script out that does exactly that!

whaever damage the TK-er inflicts-the Tk-er gets the same! wink_o.gif

there is an anti TK script out that does exactly that!

whaever damage the TK-er inflicts-the Tk-er gets the same! wink_o.gif

That should be an option that's available to any admin setting up a server by default. I hope something is done asap, tk'ers are ruining the online experience for a lot of people.

Then admins need to be more vigiliant in logging IDs and using a central resource for abuse tracking. Read in another thread here that said postings would only be accepted by other registered server admins and 3 reports from different admins puts you on the ban list. That sounds fine to me.

what program

and yes I am implying that.

program is named Nhancer

A freind showed me how to set up a profile for Arma with it, that also allows turning on both cores, there was a considerable increase in performance (3 - 4 fps if not more)

Imho, with the many issues regarding this new patch, wether or not it may have a possible considerable impact on dual core users or not, I have no plans to download this patch, and will wait, even if it means months, until (if) a new patch comes out that does not cause performance drops on various systems. Its great that theyve addressed many issues, but when it comes to losing my precious Fps score ive acheived, Ill keep the bugs and the Fps for now.

Imho, with the many issues regarding this new patch, wether or not it may have a possible considerable impact on dual core users or not, I have no plans to download this patch, and will wait, even if it means months, until (if) a new patch comes out that does not cause performance drops on various systems. Its great that theyve addressed many issues, but when it comes to losing my precious Fps score ive acheived, Ill keep the bugs and the Fps for now.

So ur not even trying the patch on your system, because some others report problems? There were 100s of problem reporters of any of the patches or standard release, so If I was you I would just update and try it instead wink_o.gif

If it doesnt run proper then you simply revert back?

Alot of people are apparently saying the game runs fine....but.

Their not stating what systems their currently running, their not saying exactly what frames per second they currently have.

The majority of people that say the 1.05 version is running great and has improved their performance are simply saying "Games running great for me, can't see what the problem is"

That kind of simplistic information is of absolute "zero" use to most people, wanting to know why Arma runs like a horse and cart through a peat bog.

I for one don't find any fps inbetween 20 - 35 acceptable in anyway shape or form. In my opinion it's a jutterfest. But i know lots of people that actually find those hideously low frames per second to be quite acceptable and enjoyable lol.

Anyway all i'm saying is lets have alittle more tech info from people that are apparently running the game fine. smile_o.gif

I for one don't find any fps inbetween 20 - 35 acceptable in anyway shape or form. In my opinion it's a jutterfest. But i know lots of people that actually find those hideously low frames per second to be quite acceptable and enjoyable lol.

Well im sorry but even OFP scaled back to 20-35 with alot of AI around, you usually wont get much higher then 30 so you will almost always be dissapointed.

I find everything above 20 more then acceptable, below 15 really starts to annoy me. (also depends if i got used to it (looking at it for a lnger time), and how tired my eyes are)

P4 2.8

1 gig ram

ocuk 7900gs 256mb

windows xp

pc bout 3 yrs old from pc-world wink_o.gif

using fraps fps 30, 20 in hectic scenes

all settings on high, VD 1000 and its not a jutterfest-far from it smile_o.gif

its crazy why some ppl have monster pc's and having trouble running the game?

and some ppl with bare bones can??

"Imho, with the many issues regarding this new patch, wether or not it may have a possible considerable impact on dual core users or not, I have no plans to download this patch, and will wait, even if it means months, until (if) a new patch comes out that does not cause performance drops on various systems. Its great that theyve addressed many issues, but when it comes to losing my precious Fps score ive acheived, Ill keep the bugs and the Fps for now."

the problem didn't arise for me untill i patched to 1.05 same for my friend

we also had to refind the sweet spot for the settings... and they had to be lowered, but i can say that it runs better now (with lower settings than before)...

my system

pentd dual core 3.2

1 gig ram

bfg 7800 GS

I miss the pretty gfx from when i was playin the demo... I could run the game almost maxed out besides the texture detail...

i just dont understand

Same here. Everything was fine until 1.05. Now I have to do the affinity thing

Thanks for the suggestion but it made no difference. sad_o.gif  Intel C2D E6600, latest XP dual core fix is installed  ( WindowsXP-KB896256-v4-x86-ENU.exe ).

OK, that's a fix for WinXP....but what about dedi severs running Winserver 2003? The affinity to one cpu still helpful, or is there a similar fix?

Given the performance problems I have experienced with some of the latest games running on my QX6700 and 8800GTX I put the problem down to both Nvidia for dodgy drivers and the developers for not exploiting the most from these powerfull pieces of equipment.

Is the dual core fix connected to the tk solution in some way, because I feel somewhat confused?

Alot of people are apparently saying the game runs fine....but.

Their not stating what systems their currently running, their not saying exactly what frames per second they currently have.

The majority of people that say the 1.05 version is running great and has improved their performance are simply saying "Games running great for me, can't see what the problem is"

That kind of simplistic information is of absolute "zero" use to most people, wanting to know why Arma runs like a horse and cart through a peat bog.

Anyway all i'm saying is lets have alittle more tech info from people that are apparently running the game fine. smile_o.gif

erm, colbotl many games like GTA3/vice city and Command and Conquer 3 are LIMITED to 30 FPS by the game!

Do you find C&C 3 demo or full game a jutter fest?

Most monitors (LCD) can't go past 60 hz as in 60 FPS. If your running a crt then most hit a max of 120 mhz (120 fps).

30 is fine 60 is great, any more means your PC should not slow down in a game.

15 or below is were things start to feel wrong 5fps or below is the true stutter effect. Make sure you measure MIN FPS while playing and MAX FPS. The MIN FPS is the important one.

In arma set PP on AA on etc then crawl through long grass in the woods while look down a scope and see what your MIN FPS is. I have to set PP low as if on and everything maxed I could drop to as low as 11-18, PP off 30 FPS is the min.

BF2 all maxed at 1600x1024 SSAA etc etc, high 200 min 28, the min (8800 GTx OC). On a 7800 that was 112 min 12, I had to turn SSAA off to make sure the min was above 25.

Your max FPS matters nothing, your MIN FPS is the killer.

I find that setting the CPU core to 0 is more helpful than setting it to core 1.

"Imho, with the many issues regarding this new patch, wether or not it may have a possible considerable impact on dual core users or not, I have no plans to download this patch, and will wait, even if it means months, until (if) a new patch comes out that does not cause performance drops on various systems. Its great that theyve addressed many issues, but when it comes to losing my precious Fps score ive acheived, Ill keep the bugs and the Fps for now."

we also had to refind the sweet spot for the settings... and they had to be lowered, but i can say that it runs better now (with lower settings than before)...

my system

pentd dual core 3.2

1 gig ram

bfg 7800 GS

I miss the pretty gfx from when i was playin the demo... I could run the game almost maxed out besides the texture detail...

i just dont understand

the old saying is that "ArmA scaled game cause ArmA scaled problem"

the Demo island is small compare to the full game one

i wonder how wrost you run on the cut of island on the full game through

since i used the win xp update for dual cores

(WindowsXP-KB896256-v4-x86-DEU)

i have a really good overall performance. i have installed it yesterday and was really surprised how fast the game runs. performance wasnt bad so far but now it runs very well with 6000 view distance most settings to high, aa very high, shadows high. didnt know that a little xp patch could gain such a hugh performance boost (to me).

sorry if this post is nothing new to you.

system: X2 5000 @3000, gf 7800gs+ 512mb, 2gb infineon

What? 20-35 is not a jutter-fest. If you think so, it's probably 'cause you're not actually looking at your FPS but just guesstimating it. I'd say below 25 is bad, below 20 is a jutterfest. 25+ is not a jutter-fest, absolutely not. 30+ is smooth.

Are you actually looking at your FPS? If so, with what program?