Sign in to follow this  
gL33k

securom of my ass ...

well. i updated my 505 version to 1.05.

now, if i launched my game ,then close it , i can't relaunch it until next reboot .

securom told me error 5024 "the security modules can't be activated !"

more , the global performance in city etc , is lower than with 1.04.

I can't launch my ArmA after I installed 1.05 patch. Securom starts whining about some security module which can't be activated. How can I fix this? mad_o.gif

reboot after it . and try again.

i HATE DRM. they piss us off. please bohemia , drop out securom.

that sucks ...

reboot after it .  and try again.

i HATE DRM. they piss us off. please bohemia , drop out securom.

that sucks ...

That does not work. Same problem arises.

I have exactly the same problem. I had 1.02 and upgraded to 1.05. Result: Getting the securom error message. Rebooting did not help either.

Therefore I uninstalled the "non working" game and installed from scratch (1.0 DVD). Directly after installing 1.0 I installed the 1.05 patch - same error and still error after reboot.

Uninstalling again and installing 1.0 - this time trying to start 1.0. -> works. Installing 1.05 again -> again Securom error.

I even redownloaded the patch Arma_InternationalUpdate105.zip from another source and tried again but without luck. I also deleted the arma files in my userprofile but it still doesnt work.

Btw. I don't have any application like alcohol or alike on this machine and never installed such...

Here are 2 screeshots.

Installation successful: arma15wo1.jpg

Error message: armaerrorex1.jpg

Btw. does anyone know the meaning of error number 5024? I looked at the securom website (link) and also searched there, but couldn't find anything...

Thanks

Andre

Alot are saying you need a new activation code for the downloaded version after installing the patch.

@CG Man: Problems with the downloaded version are a different story. In this thread we are talking about a specific problem with the DVD version.

- Andre

i have got the same problem

sometimes it says not right parameter ( i can only click ok)

or when i do compability modus to 98 then comes this error with 5024 and sometimes just 1000

before patch i was playing it, and now it would not work, this shits me on

error number 5024:

I had the error message, if I had tried ARMA after that 1,05 Patch to play from my ArmA DVD image. YASU triggers this message. One now needs the DVD in your DVD drive.

i erased my old spdt drivers (of daemon tool...) , and now, i dont have the problem anymore.

I'm getting the same thing. Some Securom error message. I looked around and apparently this one uses a different version of securom then the version before it. Now Securom is just making stuff up about my system, claiming emulation stuff is running. I have both daemon tools and alcohol installed for my DVD collection as I'm a huge movie buff and I like to keep my discs in pristine condition. I only ever run Alcohol 120% if I'm copying a DVD to my HD and I only ever use Daemon Tools to mount the images. This means that they're almost never running (I think I last used Alc. to put Apocalypse Now Redux on in Sept. and Daemon Tools mid-February to watch Lawrence of Arabia) but I think maybe one of them is running in the background or something, so I check.

Nope, neither of them are running, there is no emulated drives. Still it's claiming to detect emulation software running and would I please disable it.

I think okay, maybe it's glitched out or something. I'll do tech support's magic trick and reboot. Nothing. I look around for problems and I even go to various websites like Securom's website, Daemon Tool's website, and Alcohol's website. No help. I screw with the system, nothing. Securom is still insisting that I have to disable the emulators.

Maybe the new version of Securom detects if they're even installed, I don't know.

By the way, this is the 505 DVD a friend got me for my birthday. Patched from 1.04 using the 1.04 -> 1.05 version. I'm using a Plextor DVD-RW, region uncoded, on drive D:. I tried a whole lot of fiddling with the DVD drive including setting it to region code 2 (Western Europe), changing aspects of the drive's read speed, trying the drive on a different IDE connection, trying it on a RAID controller, trying it on a USB to IDE connection... Nothing, NOTHING works to fix this. I don't even get to play it after reboots. I even tried frigging with the settings for DMA/PIO mode even though this should only be necessary (according to Securom) if I'm getting a backup disc error message (I'm not).

I was really looking forward to finally being able to play multiplayer locally (Canada/United States) as I'd gotten this for my birthday in mid-February (birthday's actually early February but hell, two-daying it off ebay the day of the release was the best my friend could do) and found out that the versions were unsynchronized.

I was going to try rolling back to my original install and using the International 1.02 -> 1.05 version but apparently you guys said that that doesn't work.

I've made an analysis file to submit to Securom for tech support but this is a real pain in the ass.

You know things are getting bad when it's the legitimate users that have to crack their games to get past the copy protection... sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]error number 5024:

I had the error message, if I had tried ARMA after that 1,05 Patch to play from my ArmA DVD image. YASU triggers this message. One now needs the DVD in your DVD drive.

It's a pity because I'm not even using YASU or Daemon Tools or Alcohol to mount an image and I still get an error message. I only even use Daemon Tools for watching my movie collection. I'm a little more abusive with games since I usually only play them for six months and move on.

Quote[/b] ]i erased my old spdt drivers (of daemon tool...) , and now, i dont have the problem anymore.

Great, if that means what I think it means, it means I have to uninstall software that I use legitimately and either redownload Daemon tools every time I want to watch a movie (or reinstall Alcohol every time I get a new one and make a copy) OR beat the hell out of my DVDs OR never played Armed Assault again.

edit: I suppose I could also scream at some British guy until he takes back his now-opened product DVD he shipped trans-Atlantic and then get a download version and have to constantly email their support team every time a new patch invalidates my install =/.

Great copy protection...

Well, as I said earlier, I don't have daemon, alcohol, yasu or alike (never ever installed) and I don't have drivers to install / use emulated drives. Thus I also don't know what to uninstall in order to get Arma working. However I don't wan't just to resign and I also don't want to buy the download version. I payed for the game to get an official license, so I just want to play it. Nothing more or less. And as I do have a valid license I'm also entiteled to get bugfixes (1.05 version). If Bohemia needs more details about my system, just let me know.

-Andre

I've never even heard of YASU either. Another emulator/burner I guess. I use Alcohol 120% to pull down DVDs (I suppose I could use Alcohol 52% but I seriously doubt this would change Securom's mind) and then Daemon Tools when I want to mount them (alcohol has a way too cumbersome and clunky interface).

Again, with neither Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools, the only two emulator programs I have on this computer running (and yes, I've checked the task manager) this is the exact message I get:

Conflict with Emulation Software detected.

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=2500 for further, more detailed information.

So I click on the link, and this is what I get:

Quote[/b] ]SecuROMâ„¢ has determined that emulation tools like 'Alcohol l20%' or 'Daemon Tools' are running. Please be informed that SecuROMâ„¢ protected applications will not work with such tools.

* Please unmount your image, close these emulators, and insert the original disc in order to start the application.

If the application still won't start, please send a SecuROMâ„¢ analysis file to support@securom.com (see Support Info section on how to prepare and send an analysis file).

Well, I'm not running Alcohol, DT, or any other emulator and I'm not using an image. At this point, I don't know. I know my way around a computer pretty well but I'm not much on copy protection except to know it pisses me off most of the time. I sent them their damned analysis file.

I can't help but sigh. This is sort of like protecting books with retina scanners that malfunction when the legal owner of the book has a bit of sleep in his eye -- meanwhile the thief just smashes off the scanner and rips the pages out of the book.

i am having this problem too....bought the game....hated it at first for all the bugs and annoyances,then just as i was starting to see past these and hope coming in the form of a new patch......WTF,this happens.

why bother using any anti piracy software,surely it costs BI money to use this on their software-this money is wasted because its always gonna be cracked...ALWAYS,each time they bring out a new securom....it just gets beaten....so why not for the sake of your legit customers just drop this and keep some people happy.

how come there is no reply on this subject??they all still in bed nursing hangovers after celebrating a successful patch release,instead of offering the support needed to there VALUED?huh.gif customers.

i get better customer support from a teenage saturday girl when im shopping in netto's.

The BI crew are probably taking some time off after working very hard on the new patch... give them a day or two to rest. smile_o.gif

But i guess this doesnt mean they're ignoring us or anything.... try doing something bad on the forums and a moderator will come out of the shadows. If anything, they're reading all/most of our complains.

Im also getting the 5024 error, guess its time to leave it alone till its sorted or return, dont like to concentrate on the tech issues of games as much as this, its often to the detriment of the fun element smile_o.gif

This isn't really BIS's fault though. It seems mostly to be SecuRom and any publisher that went with them as disc protection.

And undoubtedly a mod will up my warning level if I point out the fact that I will probably have to crack my game to get it to be playable -- but, the worst part is, it's also true. Legitimately installed and patched, it's unplayable. I'll have to gut the thing to get it to work properly. And all BI can really do is say "contact 505" or "contact SecuRom".

If im not mistaken i dont think BIS has anything to do with the copy-protection.

You should contact Morphicon/505 as they are responsible for implementing the cc.

edit.

Dr. Mojo, PhD was faster...

You know things are getting bad when it's the legitimate users that have to crack their games to get past the copy protection... sad_o.gif

A true word my friend, a true word.

DRM only hurts the legitimite users, never the ones for which it was intended.

Monk.

i erased my old spdt drivers (of daemon tool...) , and now, i dont have the problem anymore.

forget 'bout it donny , crazy_o.gif

the problem still occur.

The BI crew are probably taking some time off after working very hard on the new patch... give them a day or two to rest. smile_o.gif

surely now is where the real work comes in?? helping customers be satisfied with their product??

has anyone figured a way around this problem yet??

My only theory was that since apparently there's an update to the securom from version 1.04 to 1.05, use the 1.02 to 1.05 update instead. My reasoning was that since some copies of 1.02 use StarForce and others use SecuRom, they can't have updated the copy protection because it would require two copy protections on it. A bit specious reasoning but it was a theory, anyway.

However apparently updating from 1.02 to 1.05 causes the same problems.

Maybe they decided not to use StarForce since last I checked. Funny, it's usually the copy protection that gets the most flak.

I had this problem also (securom 5024 error)UK505 1.04-->1.05 version .I uninstalled Daemon tools and alchohol 120 .however that on its own is not enough.You have to clean out all the references to them in the registry.I used tuneup utilities 2007 to clean and defrag my registry.

I also got rid of the alchohol folder in "my documents" with any image files in it (Not sure if its neccessary though).It now boots up everytime no bother smile_o.gif

However when i tried to start arma using FSAUTOSTART i got the problem again.So i removed the daemon tools reference from fsautostart programmes list,then did another registry clean and defrag.I can now play arma with or without fsautostart pistols.gif

Hope this might help smile_o.gif

Sibe

but as somebody has already said the need to uninstall something to be able to play this game is just not good,imagine how BI and its affiliates would feel if a game came out that wouldnt work with ArmA,and we all started uninstalling it....

it should be none of securoms or anyones elses business what i have installed on my pc or in my registry,and maybe in future there should be a warning on the box of products like this stating.... "warning,in order to play this game you may have to uninstall some everyday used tools from your system"