Sign in to follow this  
johnwilso007

1.05 crashing after 5-10 mins of game play.

ok i uninstalled my original 505 release version then reinstalled and patched it up to 1.05 with the 505 patch.

before the game ran fine, completed half of the campaign, now however the game crashes after 5-10 minutes. first time it happend i was testing the new harrier systems, crashed 1 minute after take off. second time it happend it was on the opening sahrini reporter video where she introduces the island.

my system is

Intel Pentium D 3.40Ghz

1024mb ram

Radeon X1650 512mb.

anyone else experienced this problem?

and are their any fixes.

all my settings are to normal and some are disabled so ir runs faster.

Well I patched my 505 version with the euro patch and got the following problems.

Distorted graphics (officer had streched hands) Alt tabbing out and back in solved this but subsequent attempts to alt tab crashed the game. Some characters had white skin textures.

Game suddenly changed from day to night. (everyone else was still in daylight)

Frame rates much lower at same settings I used for version 1.04

4. Frequent crashes to desktop with the standard microsoft error message that the app has encountered a problem and MS would like my puter to "phone home".

My specs are :

Intell P4 prescott 3.4Ghz

1024 megs of ddr ram

HIS ATI RadeonX1650pro AGP 512mb

Any help gratefully recieved.

Hi All

Check the size of the download is correct.

Temporarily remove any 3rd party addons.

Unistall and re install ArmA

Re-download patch possibly from a different source then re-apply patch.

Kind Regards walker

Thanks for trying to help Walker, I should have added that download is ok (zip size 232,114kb) and the only addons I have to my knowledge would be some missions.

I reverted to version1.04 which I had backed up prior to installation of patch and all was back to normal.

Latest info after re-installing patch and trying again is that turning post processing effects to low as suggested elsewhere gave me back some frames per second but the game is still unstable and on one occasion even crashed completely and reset the computer. Also getting strange lighting effects in the cockpit of the cobra depending on the angle to the sun. Its difficult to explain, almost like the game is trying to render reflections on the glass but its just drawing

artifacts which appear like a pattern of intersecting broad lines across where the glass would be instead. This was using TrackIR and depended on which way my head was pointed as opposed to which way the chopper was pointed.

i thought id leave my computer for 12 hours, to see if it was cos it was too hot and that was cos of the crashing, 5-10 mins into the game however it crashed my whole computer.

i do have this problem with my computer anyway as i need to upgrade my PSU as under great strain the GPU needs too much power than the PSU can support, thats why i have most of the arma settings quite low till i can afford a new one, however i have been able to play 1.04 all day with out crashing to desktop and now with 1.05 it either crashes to desktop after 5 minutes or crashes my computer completely, and also my post processing effects are set to low. and some effects are disabled.

think im gonna have to wait for 1.055 or 1.06 anyway im going to play the sims 2 for 6 months till i get a solution.

I have also had the game reset my computer on a few occasions with this new patch, although a simple crash to desktop is more frequent.

Athlon 64 X2 4600

2Gb RAM

Sapphire x1650 Pro

we all have the same graphics cards, that could be a reason lol.

i for one have the altest catalist drivers so i know that it is not that.

ok i checked the ATI drivers, firstly there was a driver for the card released on 21/2/07 which i downloaded. however i just installed it and seemed to get some decent gameplay as a infantry on the blood sweat and tears mission, however as soon as i went to play in the harrier on the editor it crashed.

x1650 Pro problem eh? Damn it. Mine is PCI-E and 256Mb by the way.

I'm gonna try some older drivers, see if that ATI problem in the stickied thread is having an effect.

cool mine is also PCI-E but the 512mb version, out of interest whats the wattage of your PSU?

edit:

Removed pic 48PR WL+1 - hoz

Will you stop posting this bloody picture all over the fourms before i get someone to ban you ass.. mad_o.gif

Ange1-0f-Death

48h PR + WL+1 take this time to read the rules very carefully.

Well, my ArmA 1.05 crashing every time when I joining server or creating server. It has no message, just CTD icon_rolleyes.gif

Uninstalled game, delete all profiles and config files, installed patch and problem is still there.

AMD X2 3800

1 GB RAM

GF 7900 GS with latest drivers

MOBO Biostar Tforce 4 U AM2

I also noticed that 1.05 make less fps in game. In towns I have 25-40 (on 1.02: 40-60).

The Multiplayer Join CTD seems to be Nvidia onboard network card related, and or Firewall, for most people.

The Random CTD might be GFX related... Did you notice that you all had ATI cards X1600 or 1650... Could be a driver glitch... Maybe reinstall drivers, Use one version back.

Try turning off AA, Post Process, Textures, See if that helps... If you can get that far...

I used to have this issue with 1.02 while in Multiplayer, But since 1.05 It has gone away...

Pentium D 945, 3.4GHZ

2GB Ram

GeForce 7950GT 512MB

Agreed. Could be the memory leak in the ATI driver.

However, I am only affected by this in terms of my game getting laggy after an hour so I have to restart ArmA.

Hi all

Just to reiterate for those of you with ATI cards having this problem; there is a known graphic card issue.

Please check what Suma said on this:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=58542

there is a suggested temporary fix and an information request for those of you who are advanced users.

ATI are working on the problem.

Kind Regards walker

Someone posted a short while ago that everytime he reinstaled his game he had to reinstal video card drivers for it to run well.

Its.. a theory, but some of you might be desperate enough, i'll dig it up, if true it would explain alot.

I have same problem with 8800GTX. I thought it might be caused by overclocking or sound card,but it happens with onboard sound and default clocks too. Also i ran Orthos (prime95 for dualcore) 12 hours without error.

yeah me too. restored them back to the newest versions as the 6.7 versions was still CTD and computer restarts banghead.gifpistols.gifthumbs-up.gif