Sign in to follow this  
neildood

Ive got an error while installing patch 1.05

So far as im patching im getting the following errors

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

Deutsche DVD Version

Verifying ArmA: Armed Assault, version 1.02...

Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (61d27c26!=6799732e)

ArmA: Armed Assault: Updating version 1.02 to version 1.05...

Update 1.04-1.05\CAMPAIGNS\CA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\CAMPAIGNS\CA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\LIBRARY.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\M02MINERCONVOY.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\M03DRIVERTRANSPORT.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\M04SABOTEUR.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\M05SANITARYOPERATION.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\M07CHOPPERASSAULT.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\M08BATTLEFIELDS.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\M09CONVOYATTACK.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\M10ARMOREDFIST.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\M12COMMANDER.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\TUTORIAL\T01_OBSTACLE_COURSE.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\TUTORIAL\T02_SHOOTING_RANGE.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\TUTORIAL\T03_SQUAD_LEADER.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\TUTORIAL\T04_ARMOUR_COURSE.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\TUTORIAL\T05_BLACKHAWKS_SKY.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\MISSIONS\TUTORIAL\T06_APACHE_WARRIOR.SARA.PBO.UPD.#GERMAN cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

ArmA: Armed Assault patch 1.05 has been applied successfully.

Any ideas?

I got the same damn problem on a clean install....same as i had with 1.02.

You need to download the 408 MB PATCH, You downloaded the 200mb patch from 1.04-1.05

Check the download page and download the INTERNATIONAL VERSION. smile_o.gif

Should work after that

I'm getting the same bloody error with the international patch. grrrrrrr banghead.gif

You need to download the 408 MB PATCH, You downloaded the 200mb patch from 1.04-1.05

Should work after that

Affraid I did dl the Intl. patch and have done 2 re-installs....still no go. The last time Air.pbo was the culprit so there is no apparent pattern.

same/similar problem.

installing the 1.04-1.05 patch over the 1.04 Uk 505 version - get an error telling me that Arma isn't installed on my system or is corrupted. tried it over a fresh intsall too & same result. downloaded the patch from another location, same problem. a little help please?

edit:

got the patch working -- downloaded the full euro version & had the same error & then noticed that I had the Arma Demo still installed - removed it & also flushed my registry of all mention of Arma, then reinstalled & patched fine with no error messages.

My thinking on pacthing issues:

A) could the error messages some peeps reported be linked to the demo? (there'd be two arma.exe's logged on the reg?)

B) thanks WhiteShadow09 for the advice - also reminded me that at one stage & had renamed the arma.exe to fear.exe for an attempt at SLI profile comptibility (didn't seem to make a huge difference byy the way) -- maybe this affected the authencity of the file when the patch had a beeker at it?

Should work after that

I have downloaded full patch and have the errors, though i must say that the game runs ok.

Just dont know what the errors mean sad_o.gif

another one here with

"Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (61d27c26!=6799732e)"

during installation.

Let's hope it's not too important...!

Mine changes pbo every install (which is about 5-6 times now)

I had this problem before and all that got it working was a random f*cking install.....no fix, no nothing. This crap has to be resolved.

I've stuck with Bohemia through thick and thin but this is the second patch hassle in a row!!!

same/similar problem.

installing the 1.04-1.05 patch over the 1.04 Uk 505 version - get an error telling me that Arma isn't installed on my system or is corrupted. tried it over a fresh intsall too & same result. downloaded the patch from another location, same problem. a little help please?

I have the same error message, its doing my head in biggrin_o.gif. Oh well, lets see what happens. huh.gif

yay.gif Got the 1.05 UK patch to work, what I did was rename the exe in the Armed Assault folder to ArmA and it worked. Try that Guttersnipe yay.gif

I just got his error:

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\AIR3.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\PLANTS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

I don't have any mods installed or anything. I tried un then re-installing the game too. I have the 505 dvd version, and im using the 1.04-1.05 patch.

Edit: another note, I tried running re-running the patch again on top of 1.05 and it completes (checks) without errors. Perhaps the above problems are only false positives?

I had a similar issue with a BSOD after starting the install of the Int'l edition patch using a Czech copy of ArmA 1.02. I started it with, admittedly, less disk space than I required, but it BSODed me halfway through the patch from 1.02 to 1.04, citing a DLL failure or something. I restarted only to find that everything up to roads.pbo had already been updated, so I ignored the error messages and I think it's running fine.

If I have issues though, I'll need copies of the PBOs of the 1.05 version, and I'm thinking that would be the only way to fix all the incompatibility issues; by distributing the new files to people with issues. If I have to, I'll gladly provide my sprocket purchase information if it means being able to play ArmA again.

Of course, this is all if it doesn't work...

My suggestion? Try it with the International Version. Just ignore the error messages and see what happens.

same problem here.

as best practice, i unintalled first, cleared reg, defraged, reboot. reintall GER verison, reboot.

then began to install patch. patch = internaltional version 105 466mb.

getting errors:

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

Deutsche DVD Version

Verifying ArmA: Armed Assault, version 1.00...

ArmA: Armed Assault: Updating version 1.00 to version 1.05...

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\ANIMS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\ANIMS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\TRACKED.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

WHY!?

another one here with

during installation.

Sickboy's Language patch to change stuff to english causes that. Restore original files in Armed Assault foldrer or reinstall game.

another one here with

during installation.

Sickboy's Language patch to change stuff to english causes that. Restore original files in Armed Assault foldrer or reinstall game.

another one here with

during installation.

Cheers Jason0

That did indeed sort the problem out.

or you can ignore the errors. so i have encounter no problems.. it has to do with the english patch.

or you can ignore the errors. so i have encounter no problems.. it has to do with the english patch.

I tried the ignore, problem is that I don't think it really patches correctly as the M16a2 texture is still bugged.

And as someone that has done 8 new installs.....the "english patch" is NOT the problem for all of us.

There is something messing with the patching program or something to do with the copyprotection.

Correct, do not ignore the errors. By ignoring them you will cause your installation to be only partially patched. Some fixes will be present and some not.

Fixed now.

Completley uninstalled and removed my profile then reinstalled and had no errors.

It was sickboys english patch smile_o.gif

So what do i do when i get the error about characters.pbo?

Retry isn't working and ignore doesn't fix the problem.

Is it possible that a certain soldier addon can cause characters.pbo no to be recognized by the patcher huh.gif

Any suggestions?

B) thanks WhiteShadow09 for the advice - also reminded me that at one stage & had renamed the arma.exe to fear.exe for an attempt at SLI profile comptibility (didn't seem to make a huge difference byy the way) -- maybe this affected the authencity of the file when the patch had a beeker at it?

Lol, no problem and yeah I had renamed arma.exe to fear.exe too trying to get SLI working and also had the demo still installed..doh  icon_rolleyes.gif Anyways its all good now so happy hunting and maybe I'll see you on the battlefield.  wink_o.gif