Sign in to follow this  
Lawman1965

Patch topic again

Still waiting for the 1.05 patch - and yes I know that it's due late Feb, I did read the post but Moderators, please allow us to comment and ask questions before you lock posts.

What I can't understand is why BI have release totally incompatible versions of the game? The earlier released versions are only upto 1.2 - yet the 505 release is 1.04? There doesn't appear to be any intention to get all versions the same until 1.05 - which is a real pain in the butt.

I would have expected BI to ship the 505 version AND a 1.04 patch to make them compatible rather than ignoring those that had already bought the game and had been spreading the word on how much potential it has!

Rich

i hope just whith coming patch, that we able to choise language, or perhaps comunity again doing that work icon_rolleyes.gif

this is gonna be closed real soon tounge2.gif .

honestly, that stuff has been discussed long enough. patch 1.05 will bring all versions in sync and will be out before the end of february.

2 weeks is nothing.

In the UK version that I have with the 1.04 patch included I already see an option to choose different languages so that seems fixed already.

I can understand somewhat the OP though, it should be debatable.

Anyway, looking forward to the 1.05 patch myself because I don't see much difference in the 505 version than in the German one I downloaded first.

Otherwise great game with huge potential but still needs fixing in different areas.

Anyway, looking forward to the 1.05 patch myself because I don't see much difference in the 505 version than in the German one I downloaded first.

Otherwise great game with huge potential but still needs fixing in different areas.

I'm not sure about the differences as I can't play it as I have the German version - but the point I'm making is not the date the 1.05 is coming out - rather that BI should have released a 1.04 so that ALL versions are compatible and that we can all take advantage of the new servers that are springing up all over the place. I really can't understand why they didn't - if it meant extra work then they should have just released the 505 with at 1.05 and the 1.05 patch for the other versions at the same time.

I seems to me that they did not think of the compatibility issue or the players all over the world - from the USA to Austrailia - that have already purchased the game online. It's not a good way to win customers or good publicity - all you achieve is to get folks like me moaning on forums like this.

RIch

We´ve waited quite a while for ArAs tounge2.gif , I don´t really care to wait approximately 1 week more to get the update to 1.05.

It´s just incredibly naive to think that patches are done in a second. A patch works different than a finalized 1.04 version, like the 505 one. Setting up a patch from 1.02 to 1.04 is just a matter that is time consuming and as 1.05 is supposed to come within a week it would be working for the bin.

Patience is a virtue.

Still waiting for the 1.05 patch - and yes I know that it's due late Feb, I did read the post but Moderators, please allow us to comment and ask questions before you lock posts.

What I can't understand is why BI have release totally incompatible versions of the game? The earlier released versions are only upto 1.2 - yet the 505 release is 1.04? There doesn't appear to be any intention to get all versions the same until 1.05 - which is a real pain in the butt.

I would have expected BI to ship the 505 version AND a 1.04 patch to make them compatible rather than ignoring those that had already bought the game and had been spreading the word on how much potential it has!

Rich

L O L ZOMG, you're hurting my brain with your nonsense.

edit: I wasn't going to comment on this post seriously but I can't help myself. I guess that deep down inside my black, neoliberal heart, there is some kind of a humanitarian protesting.

Firstly, I suppose you are talking about 1.02 not 1.2... and now to my explanans.

a) you shouldn't be talking about moderator actions in a forum topic

b) if it was an economical use of their time, they would patch right away... if it wasn't for c.

c) 505 has a limited time of *new content exclusivity* as part of their publishing deal. It would not be unseemly to assume that this period between patches is part of the reason why 505 decided to publish and without it, there would be no 505 version at all.

L O L ZOMG, you're hurting my brain with your nonsense.

Yet you are the one with a Warning Level and he isn't. Go figure.

Psst... He has only 3 posts so far. There is still time!

Yes, if everyone researched the topic before writing a manifesto of complaint, I wouldn't have the warning level! It's just so much easier to write than to read!

New content exclusivity just for the countries they are releasing in surely?

I dont see any reason why BIS couldnt have released a 1.04 patch for their German and Czech customers. It wouldnt hurt 505's sales as they aren't releasing there and would have been a big 'Thank you' to their early beta testers/customers.

#C

i think there 2 reasons why 1.04 was used for 505 release

1) was to keep little time 505 exclusive content campaign smile_o.gif

2) time saviour , instead of spending time to develop 1.02 to 1.04 patch, BIS can focus on finishing 1.05 patch for all versions > 1.05

IMHO wise choice (since we know some updates and features are still missing in 1.04) ....

i myself prefer 1 polished patch than 2 rushed ones (in end needed 3rd to fix them lol)

Closing, same reason as the last thread about the patches: It will be released this Feb. smile_o.gif

@Lawman1965: Make sure you read the rules, your sig is 100px too wide. wink_o.gif