Sign in to follow this  
ArmA_Soldier

Worth to buy the game now?

I'm really saddened by the fact that ArmA supposedly has a crap campaign. I loved CWC's and played it many, many, MANY times (as well as Red Hammer which also slayed)

Maybe someone will port those to ArmA and I can play them again with better AI and graphics smile_o.gif

And I'm not the only one. Lots of old OFP clans are abandoning ARMA.

What clans? Are they gonna play OFP instead then? Who will they play against, lol?

Anyway - with that attitude, you be grateful you weren't around in OFP 1.00. Far more serious problems were present back then - and MP with more than 4 players were unplayable 100% of the time.

Thank god that most of the community is aware of the potential of the game, rather than its current state.

OFP is dying and to me it's already dead and buried. I'm not ever going to install it again. period.

Maybe guys who don't have powerful enough rig to handle ArmA i understand going back, but no other reason that i can think of.

This is just so beautiful game that when i play sp game i often notice that i just watch the scenery. It's just amazing.

Just couple more patches/mods and we have the best warfare simulator right here.

i un-installed ofp back in november-when i got mr-sprocket version!! smile_o.gif

I still have 2 installs of OFP, one heavily modded for single player and the other for MP.

To me there's still some things in OFP that are better then ArmA.

To me there's still some things in OFP that are better then ArmA.

What could that possibly be? Less crashes I guess but patches will fix that.

?

Yup... my OFP is going to take its rightful place on my old school favourite games. But i wont be using it anytime soon smile_o.gif

I've ordered my ArmA now, it'll be here before friday... Heres to the next few years of ArmA! biggrin_o.gifyay.gif

CW-Rearmed will be a nice addition to ArmA... a good bit of OFP injected into it smile_o.gif

Yes there are bugs, yes maybe it was rushed and shouldnt have been released as early as november.

But look how the game has improved since version 1.00, fixes are very numerous as well as new additions already. And of course, tons more to come, including modding tools and further fixes.

But NOTHING will fix inadequate hardware, it simply wont happen. pistols.gif

Hi All

In Reply to ArmA_Soldier

Yes ArmA is now worth buying with MP and and the 1.04 servers ArmA is great I spent 3 hours last night blowing others to crap and getting blown to crap myself.

Time to place my three OFP boxes in a place of honour on the book shelf; other than scraping out the scripts and missions for use in ArmA.

And ArmA multiplayer does play very nicely and with the included coms!

There are not enough 1.04 dedicated servers yet all the ones on line at the moment are full to overflowing. That said the server download has been out for less than 24 hours.

But if you cannot get on a dedicated server, just you or your mate run a server for a tactical two man either Coop or CTF.

Remember to lock the server once your both in. Your standard broadband line is going to have trouble with more than about 4 to 6 players.

When you play with low numbers make up the bodies with AI. A two man tactical game where you command say a 10 man squad each and maneuver to beat the other squad or as a coop to work as bounding over-watch to destroy the objective is great fun.

Or have some fun with the editor creating something you dreamed up your self. It is as easy as pie and you can give your selves big formations to play with if you know how to command squads.

The new servers are very stable the 1.05 version is due out by the end of this month and should have us all synchronized and way more servers for us all.

Kind Regards walker