Sign in to follow this  
dentist guba

C&C in ARMA

ARMA/existing OFP addons would provide the perfect basis for some kind of command and conquer mod. i mean, half the vehicles and stuff would already be made (obviously i mean tiberian dawn era). this mod would basically be what renegade should have been. this would also go well with the "word map" idea-imagine actually being able to use the ion cannon on real places. some really good campaigns could also be made with this.

<discuss>

There is a mod on this already in progress...

There is a mod which will be like Red Alert.. only using ArmA vehicles etc...

And there is also a Tiberian Sun type addon being made.. but in more of the style of Renegade...

I dont know where the threads have slipped off to tho

is there anyone making a tiberian dawn era mod already-if there is i would like to help out a bit when i get ARMA-maybe i'll make a few vehicles and stuff if they miss them out.

is there anyone making a tiberian dawn era mod already-if there is i would like to help out a bit when i get ARMA-maybe i'll make a few vehicles and stuff if they miss them out.

are you looking for this? Tiberian Genesis Mod

Quote[/b] ]are you looking for this? Tiberian Genesis Mod

well that does look good but it seems to only have tiberian sun stuff, not tiberian dawn. i want to know if there are vehicles e.t.c from the original c&c made or planned.

Quote[/b] ]are you looking for this? Tiberian Genesis Mod

well that does look good but it seems to only have tiberian sun stuff, not tiberian dawn. i want to know if there are vehicles e.t.c from the original c&c made or planned.

hey yo

for OFP was a TD mod, but its dead, and i have got from that team some addons, could be that they will be released for arma. not sure, but currently is no TD mod in progress.. only the Tibeiran Sun mod, WHAT IS WAITING FOR THE TOOLS nener.gif

on our homepage you can see some vids about, like build menu & GUI

but sry, only TD unit we have made is the Mammoth Tank, not more.

Sentry

There was indeed a Tiberian Dawn mod for OFP, however it was supposedly cancelled..the person who was mostly working on it I believe was Stu and Blackhand. I still have many of the structures and units they made, GDI humvee, GDI medium tank, harvestors I believe, Nod buggy and all of the structures with a few simple RA structures as well. I will be doing some work on them in the future once I am caught up, unfortunatly from my current location I can't do anything as I do not have access to my tools...but that will change in a few hours, finally.

there is a thread to suggest new addons/mods

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=57329

and, good thing with TD, Redalert, TS.. they all use same system..

if get the premission from the TS mod shouldnt be that hard to make a red alert mod, a td mod.. whatever you like. I would even prefer if it was included in the TS mod.

Quote[/b] ]if get the premission from the TS mod shouldnt be that hard to make a red alert mod, a td mod.. whatever you like. I would even prefer if it was included in the TS mod.

if we got permission from them i would like to make/help to make a TD mod which could maybe be a part of the TS mod-you colud even make campaigns in between with a mix of vehicles. once the TD mod was made i would probably make a campaign following the original's story and even include the cutscenes and music.

[PS] imagine a fight between an abrams and a mammoth-LOL

Howzabout tick tanks?? now they were kool.... but not as kool as mammoths......obviously

Howzabout tick tanks?? now they were kool.... but not as kool as mammoths......obviously

Tick Tanks are in our mod avaiable. and of course, they can deploy tounge2.gif

Sentry

And the mammoths? wink_o.gif

are avaiable too, but in the GTC not buildable, but you can find it in some create goodies xD

the mammoth tank will be a little easteregg (now i have told it to you guys damn tounge2.gif )

Sentry

can anyone tell me where i can find info on the vehicles (what their real life names are, blueprint style diagrams e.t.c) and weapons from the original C&C?

Real life name's??? Urm... theyre not real vehicle's they were all invented for C&C

Quote[/b] ]Real life name's??? Urm... theyre not real vehicle's they were all invented for C&C

Urm... humm-vee, bradley, gavin, apache. there are only a few that are invented. i need the artillery tank's real name(could be a paladin), the GDI medium tank, and a few others.

do you know where i could get details of the ones which are made up-i would need this to accurately model them for ARMA-i would use C&C renegade as a basis but they seem to be different(later) versions.

does anyone know where i can get the models of the OFP-TD mod. i know you can get the harvester, were any others released?. if so could you post a link to them.

does anyone know where i can get the models of the OFP-TD mod. i know you can get the harvester, were any others released?. if so could you post a link to them.

I got some..

Go Beg KaRRiLLioN, he's probably the best scripter in these forums. He made RTS1/RTS2/RTS3/ for OFP (CTI Ripped Most of Karrillion's ideas and used them as their own). He invited Real Time Strategy for OFP basically. He's got a very advanced template almost done, but still has to make amends to the new fixes in the upcoming patch.

Tell the mayor, the senator, find KaRRiLLioN (in these very forums) and beggggggg him to finish his beta version smile_o.gif *Karr if your reading this buddy ol' pal.. well, um... *runs away*.

Go Beg KaRRiLLioN, he's probably the best scripter in these forums. He made RTS1/RTS2/RTS3/ for OFP (CTI Ripped Most of Karrillion's ideas and used them as their own). He invited Real Time Strategy for OFP basically. He's got a very advanced template almost done, but still has to make amends to the new fixes in the upcoming patch.

Tell the mayor, the senator, find KaRRiLLioN (in these very forums) and beggggggg him to finish his beta version smile_o.gif *Karr if your reading this buddy ol' pal.. well, um... *runs away*.

look at this video pls, then you will probably know which template would be better for a TD mod wink_o.gif

(here) you can download it... enjoy!

Sentry