Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

ArmA:SquadTracker

hello all.

i have created a online live Buddylist.

its perfect to see if your buddies are playing online, and where.

i am still working on some functions, but its already a handy tool.

armamon.jpg

some of the features are also implemented in the ArmA toolbar for both Internet Explorer and FireFox. (http://armaen.ourtoolbar.com/)

im open to suggestions or ideas and im willing to make the information publicly available in 'components/modules' for the most common CMS systems.

http://arma.valuenet.nl/

The Buddylist DOES NOT require registration!

BE SURE TO HAVE COOKIES ENABLED!

That's bloody good work.

- I'm hoping you'll add a "current mission being played" column on the server list page.

- It would be great if you could filter the server list page by country. Perhaps click a visible flag to filter.

- Looking forward to see what you'll have in the Mission page - presumably mission stat's. Always a good indicator on what's hot.

Nice tought, and wish you this time a great success,for the tracker, and the radio witch I hope one day comes where we'll be able to turn on the stream from inside a car in arma,

who knows...

The link has not worked for me all day. I would like to try it, can you post when the site is back up please. Thanks

we're hoping to get the server back online tomorrow ( in +/-12 hrs from this post )

Sir, you have a time machine?

Hey Jerry,

Thanks for the update on the project status and very sorry to hear about your flame related technical difficulties :/

Until you get the tracker up and running again can you give us a little more info about its functionality. Does it work similar to Xfire, as in both users need to be running it to see each other, or does it query player lists directly from the servers themselves. Thanks smile_o.gif Player tracking ability would be a great feature to build into the in-game server browser, but thats another forum post in itself. Thanks Jerry and goodluck with Saharani Studio smile_o.gif

No client software is needed. its all webbased.

When you search for a Buddy, and added it to your buddylist, it just creates a cookie with those users.

so when you come back to the page, you see a populated buddylist status.

there is a 'small' version of the buddylist, that you could include in your webpage.

What im doing in short:

Fetch gamespy serverlist.

Scan all servers on that list.

Archive that in a HUGE database.

Use the data and present output for users

About that time machine post, whats wrong with a estimated 'back online' message of approximatly 12 hrs from now?

About that time machine post, whats wrong with a estimated 'back online' message of approximatly 12 hrs from now?

Sorry, just couldn't resist, as you put a + / - into your text... saying that the problem could be fixed by either plus or minus 12 hours from the time you made your post... that made me think maybe you are one of the crazy scientists who know how to make a leap through time, backwards or forwards. That could be very cool by the way.

Had some problems with the buddy list lately. The server list and buddy list was down a while back (maybe a week ago). When it came back, I had lost my buddy list and it was showing someone elses buddy list or some random list. I'll clear that buddy list and start again and hope that fixes it. It's been good so far, otherwise.

Hi Jerry

Excellent Big-Brother tool!

But it seems to count wrong, was looking for my nick and last entry was

INNOCENT&CLUELESS Sat-Apr-2007 12:1:03 85.214.23.105:2340

(assuming top one is last)

but also the entry at the bottom doesn`t fit:

INNOCENT&CLUELESS Fri-May-2007 01:1:03

85.214.75.71:2302

for yesterday night. So please fix the date format to a telling one.

What are the limitations? You can not screen all servers? What you use as key field? Nick as text or the ID?

I was looking for Mr. Loyd who is a serial Teamkiller to go after him, but I need to compare his ID to be sure it is the same. Can the ID be shown?

What are the limitations? You can not screen all servers? What you use as key field? Nick as text or the ID?

I was looking for Mr. Loyd who is a serial Teamkiller to go after him, but I need to compare his ID to be sure it is the same. Can the ID be shown?

Screening all servers is no problem at all.

You've been spotted playing a total of 145 games.

The first one was 2006-12-08 22:33:26 when you played Blackhawk Down. You died twice and ended with a score of -3.

You gave up after 30 minutes. smile_o.gif

Hi Jerry

Excellent Big-Brother tool!

But it seems to count wrong, was looking for my nick and last entry was

INNOCENT&CLUELESS Sat-Apr-2007 12:1:03 85.214.23.105:2340

(assuming top one is last)

but also the entry at the bottom doesn`t fit:

INNOCENT&CLUELESS Fri-May-2007 01:1:03

85.214.75.71:2302

for yesterday night. So please fix the date format to a telling one.

ID's are not possible.

im working on a 'PID' tool with 'Nutty'

but that works only when the server uses that tool.

about the dates - HOW SILLY! - i will fix.

more info help / suggestions are more than welcome...

EXACT MATCH required for buddy search, you perform BEST MATCH.

I search for "mla" and it returns "Mj.Mladenov (BG)".

This I would expect if I search for "*mla*" or "%mla%".