Sign in to follow this  
quiet_man

Search: AI fake death for SP and/or Coop

for single player mission (possibly later coop) I search a possibility to have enemy AI "fake death"

1. enemy unit look dead until a trigger goes of

2. player side AI can not detect it

3. players are not be able to "try" by selecting/reporting Target

(nasty, I know xmas_o.gif )

at the moment I thinking of placing some dead bodies and on trigger simply create enemy units at same area, possibly remove dead bodies same time

++ simple

-- doesn't look good?

any better ideas?

QuietMan

Then add setCaptive to the unit to make it undetectable.

I don't think you can reverse setCaptive!?

I think it is better to stay with the simple solution, still thank you for taking the time

(not much responses, seams to be real tricky huh.gif )

QuietMan

Is there a way of setting the wounds textures to be visible without using setDamage command on the unit?

Can i somehow use the setObjectTexture command for this?

Or could it be done somehow in the config.cpp?

I urgently need it for my zombie addon, where i cant use the setDamage, because then the zombie can be killed by a single bullet (and i need them to be more resistant than that).

Dunno about the texture thing, it sounds like something you will need an addon for, but you could use a switchMove in tandem with setCaptive to lock the zombies in place.

Dunno about the texture thing, it sounds like something you will need an addon for, but you could use a switchMove in tandem with setCaptive to lock the zombies in place.

I don't wanna "lock them in place" :-)

I just want them to look dead - but walking dead smile_o.gif

They look just like normal civilians or soldiers, but i need them to show the fully wounded textures on them, so they can be distinguished from real civilians/soldiers.

Hmmm, maybe i could use the Undead face textures in an addon and then set them with setFace?

You could also setdammage them and use a hit eventhandler + script to manage the damage the zombie gets. smile_o.gif

You could also setdammage them and use a hit eventhandler + script to manage the damage the zombie gets. smile_o.gif

Yes, that will be the last resort solution, if i won't find better way sad_o.gif

I am using setFace to set the undead faces on the zombies.

It works.

But for more variety it would be better to have normal faces with wound textures, so if anyone finds a way...

Place a unit and kill it in place. Later when you want it to stand up delete the body and createunit the zombie.

EDIT: Mh, looks like you've already described that in your first post icon_redface.gif

Anyway all you're thinking about was already done in Scott Tunstall's Unified Zombie Mod for OFP. Maybe Scott is working again on something for ArmA, or he allows you to port the old Mod directly to ArmA for now.

I think the best thing to do is to actually kill the unit then revive them with setDammage, that's the only way to prevent other units from seeing/reporting it.

is my english so bad or what? smile_o.gif

Noone understands what i want to achieve.

I just want them zombies to look like zombies.

Is that really so hard to understand?? :-))

I don't care who detects them or not, i don't care whether they are moving or not (actually i want them to move), etc.

The only thing i want, is the zombie to have his wounds textures to be shown.

Walking dead, partially decomposed, bruised, blood all over their body - got it?

So it's pretty pointless to kill some other units (why should i do that??? would it help my zombie to show wound textures? no.), it's also not possible to setDamage my zombie because as i already said - setDamage 0.9 makes it killable by single bullet, and additional setDamage 0.0 makes the wound textures to disapear.

Don't get me wrong, i am grateful that somebody is trying to help, many thanks.

LOL, what I thought you wanted was for the zombies to be lying down as if dead, until the player passed near, and then getting up to attack them, a classic scene in any zombie scenario.

Maybe it's because noone knows what kind of OFP/ArmA zombies we're talking about.

There are decomposed models included in ArmA, everyone refers to them as "zombies". That ones won't need wounded textures to look like zombies.

And as I wrote before, just look into the Unified Zombie Mod addon it does exactly what you're looking for. The zombies look like wounded humans and they are having full health.

for single player mission (possibly later coop) I search a possibility to have enemy AI "fake death"

1. enemy unit look dead until a trigger goes of

2. player side AI can not detect it

3. players are not be able to "try" by selecting/reporting Target

(nasty, I know xmas_o.gif )

at the moment I thinking of placing some dead bodies and on trigger simply create enemy units at same area, possibly remove dead bodies same time

++ simple

-- doesn't look good?

any better ideas?

QuietMan

My first thought is that you're going to need to handle what happens when you shoot at a dead body which is "pretending" to be dead.

Also, when a live AI is pretending to be dead, it should be preceded by a laying down animation, so that you can see that when you DO kill a soldier from a distance and he FALLS down, he really is dead smile_o.gif

is my english so bad or what? smile_o.gif

Noone understands what i want to achieve.

those people are trying to answer my question in the first post, I was asking loooonnnng way back biggrin_o.gif

I think you should open an own discussion or simply look at the "Crappy Zombie mod", it has what you search for.

First moment I wondered who is asking the exact same question like me rofl.gif

QuietMan

Maybe it's because noone knows what kind of OFP/ArmA zombies we're talking about.

There are decomposed models included in ArmA, everyone refers to  them as "zombies". That ones won't need wounded textures to look like zombies.

And as I wrote before, just look into the Unified Zombie Mod addon it does exactly what you're looking for. The zombies look like wounded humans and they are having full health.

I can't give you a script, but if you use an animation looped in a script while using the wounded textures, the unit won't do squat until you stop looping the animation in teh script

A plus side to this also is that during the looped animations no damage effects the soldier. If you make sure there's a setdammage after each loop you can shoot away at the "zombie" until the final loop of the anim, at which time the unit will then be succeptable to damage.

smile_o.gif

Hope that helps some

There are decomposed models included in ArmA, everyone refers to them as "zombies". That ones won't need wounded textures to look like zombies.

Well, i posted my question into existing topic under "ARMA - mission editing & scripting", so everybody should knew i am not talking about OFP zombies.

And i also made clear that "I urgently need it for my zombie addon", which means i am MAKING the addon - which means i want to know how to force displaying wound textures on units in general.

Do you know where to find functional download link for this Unified Zombie Mod?