Sign in to follow this  
-Variable-

Getting Rid of Partly Empty Mags

If a partly empty magazine was reloaded (for example- a magazine with onlly one bullet), how can it be rid of?

One of my friends told me that the first magazine you drop, never mind which, will be the one with the least bullets. Is that true?

I don't think they can be ridded off on the way you want.

Quote[/b] ]One of my friends told me that the first magazine you drop, never mind which, will be the one with the least bullets. Is that true?

Well, why don't you check/try it?

Wrong thread btw ...

Quote[/b] ]One of my friends told me that the first magazine you drop, never mind which, will be the one with the least bullets. Is that true?

Well, why don't you check/try it?

I get a bit confused every time i check it... so i thought someone smarter could enlighten me smile_o.gif

I get a bit confused every time i check it... so i thought someone smarter could enlighten me smile_o.gif

You get a bit confused,,,by/with what? With that that the first magazine you drop is not always the one with the smallest number of bullets? Well, in such case obviously the answer is no.  wink_o.gif

Magazine with the least ammo will be dropped first with the exception that the one that is currently in use is dropped last of course. Mag with the most ammo is used when reloading. It would be nice if you could check them though and fill partially used mags from others.

It would be nice if you could check them though and fill partially used mags from others.

Well I think that OFP is more realistic the way it is. The feature that you suggesting will cause players to reload after each engagement, even if they fired only a few shots, why not do that if it's filling up the mags?

Anyway, thanks for your answer!

You misunderstood, what I suggested would only make it realistic. It'd take some time to fiddle with the magazines and loose rounds so it's not something you'd do in the middle of a fire fight.

To unload a typical 30 round assault rifle magazine it takes something around 10-15s and 25-35s to fill in real life, less time for less rounds obviously.

What's the point of dropping non-full mags? The best way to get rid of a mag is to reload your weapon after your current clip is empty - unless you need that magazine later and are just temporarily freeing the inventory space for a grenade or something like that...

To unload a typical 30 round assault rifle magazine it takes something around 10-15s and 25-35s to fill in real life, less time for less rounds obviously.

Yes. This would make it more realistic indeed.

Buzzard- The point is when you are rearming from a dead comrade's corpse, for example, you want to take the partly emptied mags off of your inventory, and then replace them with fresh new mags.

Never really completely knew how theese mags worked indeed, haha. Somewhat of OFP mystery is what I like till this day, this game never stopes to surprize you! As a oridinary player, or a linux-dedi admin for example nener.gif

Buzzard- The point is when you are rearming from a dead comrade's corpse, for example, you want to take the partly emptied mags off of your inventory, and then replace them with fresh new mags.

Variable: My point was, one shouldn't be carrying any non-full mags around (with the possible exception of the clip currently inserted in the weapon one is carrying).

Hmm...

Count how many magazines, then remove the magazines, then give the unit the same number of same kind of magazines back, then get the weapon loaded with a magazine (possibly requires removing the weapon at the start and giving it back after full mags have been given, or with selectWeapon). Oh yes this won't be realistic because the mag with the one round inside will be filled.

By the way, I think 35 seconds to fill a magazine with 30 rounds is pretty fast action smile_o.gif

BUZZARD @ Feb. 08 2007,18:49)]Variable: My point was, one shouldn't be carrying any non-full mags around (with the possible exception of the clip currently inserted in the weapon one is carrying).

I disagree. Let's say you have a superior weapon. You just finished attacking a town with 15 bullets in your current magazine. You are on the way to the next objective and want to engage the enemy with a fresh mag, so you won't end up having to reload too soon. What would you do? Fire off your remaining 15 rounds and reload? I would do that if there was anything to rearm from, but this is not always the case.

I have a bad habit of reloading after every single engagement no matter how small. It's a bad habit I formed years ago playing Rogue Spear and have kept the habit even after I graduated to Flashpoint in early 2002.

That said I'm getting much better at actually using up my magazines before reloading now. Still if I'm going into an engagement with less than 3/4ths of a magazine I reload.

Thanks for the answer to variables post Metal Heart. I had the same question to variable a week ago or so during a co op mission. If I recall correctly I was packing ammo for a TOW launcher and only had room for 4 mags for my RK95 rifle. Well I had 6 or 7 mags on me but half of them only had about 5 to 8 shots remaining in them. Basically I wanted to make sure I dropped the empty mags and kept the four fullest mags.

Quote[/b] ]I had the same question to variable a week ago or so during a co op mission

You mean THAT coop mission? Check the text comm channel..

dxdshot1169070587kr9.jpg

Thanks for your refferences guys.

Yeah that's the one smile_o.gif

I guess I didn't have a TOW. I remeber that mission now because I used a glock for the first half and killed a lot of guys. I've never before or since used a pistol as much as I did on that mission. I remember we defeated the mission as well. Was excellent team work.