Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Ask a moderator about the forum and the rules

What are the stars under some people's avatars?

It's linked to the number of posts someone has made (postcount).

Weird, because I have seen people with less than 500 posts with 2 stars and I still have one if my eyes don't fail me.

Click on Members (located at the top of the page), then choose the following:

Showing: "All members", By: "Total Posts", In: "Descending order", with "500" results per page.

Now click go, and you can search your way down and understand what postcount awards which starlevel.

But anyways:

5 stars = 4000+

4 stars = 1500+

3 stars = 800+

2 stars = 400+

1 star = 0+

0 stars = 0-

smile_o.gif

in that case celery has been passed up for his promotion..must have gotten on someone's bad side. rofl.gif

I have a general comment...

You know how we tell everyone to use the search always.

Doesn't that really load the server as apposed to just posting a question.

And each time a question is answered, its answered differently and often better

Just that I think that we are sometimes too harsh demanding people use the search

It's always better for people to use search than create a duplicate topic. 9/10 if you have a question, someone will probably already have posted the answer you are looking for somewhere.

It's much better for the server to take the strain of searches than to have duplicate threads cluttering up the boards. wink_o.gif

Just that I think that we are sometimes too harsh demanding people use the search

Yes very true. I've not been a victim, but I've seen many many people get treated badly by old (and young) members of this forum. In my eyes such blunt behaviour isn't justified in such situations.

I'm not saying people shouldn't search, I'm saying when they don't you should still treat them nicely.

Is 1WL all, that can be handed out for using an illegal version of ArmA?

Edit.

O.K. I see, he`s banned already.

read it again tounge2.gif

I reckon someone just missed the incriminating evidence first time round, which was then helpfully pointed out to him later on whistle.gif

Is there any way to get a spell check integrated into the boards?

Abs

Abs

huh.gif

Use Mozillla Firefox, it has a spell check feature, that's why my spelling is so perfect tounge2.gif

whistle.gif

Or the Google toolbar, now the only thing i have to hide is bad grammar tounge2.gif

OK, a number of people seem to be "up in arms" over my comments here.

To EVERYONE: enough with the "fanboy" BS. Anyone calling someone a fanboy for saying they like the game is flaming, and will be punished.

For some unknown reason, some people chose to interpet this to mean that calling people whiners is OK, but calling them fanboys is not. Let me clear that up for you right now - calling people whiners is also not OK. I'm not sure why anyone would assume it was, based on my post.

Flaming is flaming, pure and simple. We expect people to treat each other in a civilised manner on this forum, even when they are discussing topics they disagree on.

But as a sidenote, I'd like to point out something quite obvious: bashing a game and it's fans on it's own forum is always likely to draw more anger than praising a game and it's fans on it's own forum: it's just common sense. wink_o.gif

Abs

huh.gif

Use Mozillla Firefox, it has a spell check feature, that's why my spelling is so perfect tounge2.gif

whistle.gif

Mate, I don't have an issue with proper spelling at all, apart from the odd typo here and there.

The reason I asked is because I basically lambasted someone for today for atrocious language, and then realized that English may not be his first language. It might just help folks who do not have English as a first language.

Anyway, just a thought.

Abs

I could be wrong, but I don't think there is any easy way for us to integrate a spellcheck into the current forum.

There is an online spellcheck, where you can put your text, then copy/paste it into these forums:

http://www.spellcheck.net/

Hey,

After seeing more and more threads being stickied, I think one of the following would be good:

*increase the number of topics shown in a forum, so its not half sticky half normal. (it should be not more then a third imo)

*re-think what should be stickied and what not.

The point of this is that I have to click to the 2nd page every time to check for something interesting, and topics in the 2nd page die out quickly to the 3rd.. and then they got forgotten.

The first option should be configurable in the board I guess.

Abs

huh.gif

whistle.gif

Mozilla* rofl.gif

Abs

huh.gif

whistle.gif

Mozilla* rofl.gif

LOL....nice catch. rofl.gif

Thanks for the answer, Fubar.

Abs

huh.gif

WHICH moderator does one private message when one has a 'warning level to be removed' issue?

Is there one in particular that does that more so than others?

Can anyone recommend a moderator that has done so for them?

thanks

2 of my boxes are over a year old can I get rid of them?

-Ziggy- @ June 26 2007,05:53)]huh.gif

WHICH moderator does one private message when one has a 'warning level to be removed' issue?

Is there one in particular that does that more so than others?

Can anyone recommend a moderator that has done so for them?

thanks

asking shadow would be good, but given your comment against us, I'd not give you the reduction.

Chipper, you are also not going to get one(at least from me) due to your constant comments that border spamming and flaming.