Sign in to follow this  
Mac84

game crashes when I try to join multi

I have this problem also. Reinstalled game, configure new profiles in menu, opening server browser and crash after joining every server.

can you post your system specs please? I want to see if we have anything in common.

AMD X2 3800+

Biostar Tforce Am2 U Nforce4

Galaxy GF 7900GS (with newest drivers)

1 GB RAM

Game crashes when I trying to join server or host.

Same thing for me: was working one day, and crashing the next. Not running firewall and the right ports are forwarded.

P4 3.06GHz

1024RAM

GeForce 6800GT

If your Mobo has 2 NIC'S try the other one, apparently certain brand NICS can cause this Problem with ArmA

Ok, upon further investigation I was able to resume joining servers once I deleted missions out of my MPMissionCache.

Corrupt mission files seemed to be causing the crash.

same problem here...

when enter in server or host the game crash.

before I succeeded in playing ,but now goes out this error when join in server  banghead.gif

i try to cancel mpcache and down firewall ... but no way

P.S. the game work correct in sp & i have german version

After several hours of play during 1.02 i would get the sound on the game dissapear, then a message saying Arma has encountered a problem and needs to close, sorry for inconvieience etc. The error sig was:

AppName: arma.exe

AppVer:1.2.0.5103, this was a nuiscance as it occured for the last week til i purchased 1.04 Uk version. Because the UK release was imminent i did nothing really to find out the exact cause thinking it was a bug confined to the inner workings of the 1.02 patch.....I have played from Friday through to today and the same process has started occuring but with a slightly different APPVer 1.04 ___. SO i have checked all my drivers, video, sound and mobo chipset. completed a clean boot, defragged, checked pagefile files etc and still it happens .It is like something is getting full to the point where it cannot run the game. I also tried deleting my mp missions cache, which is probably pointless as i has only 15 missions in it , in my old OFP mp cache i had over 80 and no problems. On top of all this i had a clean reinstall of windows only last weekend, im stumped is it something basic i am missing, or is it a bug within the game exe? Any help would be appreciated as this is becoming bloody irritating especially as the game runs immaculatley until this error occurs.

My specs are ;

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

Athlon 3000+

Radeon X1950 PRO 512mb

1.5 gig of ram.

banghead.gif

Any help would be appreciated as this is becoming bloody irritating especially as the game runs immaculatley until this error occurs.

My multiplayer game was running fine, then after a few days it started freezing/locking up and would crash while connecting to some servers.

After tweaking my firewall I've had no problems since, it's probably the first thing you should be checking.

Hello all,

Firstly I am sorry for my bad level in English ^^.

In the second place, I have the same problems that SBSDelta. My game is a French version 1.04 but I had this problem with demo crash when I test to join a multiplayer part on any server.

Screen of error:

Error

My PC configuration:

Processor: AMD Athlon XP, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3200+

Motherboard: Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (5 PCI, 1 AGP Pro, 1 WiFi, 3 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)

Chipset: nVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400

RAM: 1536 Mo (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

Video Card: WinFast A6600 TD (256 Mo) AGP 8x

Router Livebox Sagem with a switch 8 port D-Link

I have opened my firewall and accept in my Router UDP and TCP with ports 2302-2305. All drivers are update. I noticed that a same motherboard is what there would be material incompatibility?

Thanks you to have read my post and sorry for my bad English.

If your Mobo has 2 NIC'S try the other one, apparently certain brand NICS can cause this Problem with ArmA

That's true, I used the onboard ethernet of my Asus motherboard and could join about every 5th server. Since I use a seperate NIC it's all fine and I can join every server I want.

Does anyone have any experiences with F-Secure firewall program? I'm not quite sure what's wrong, but when the firewall is turned on, I only get a short list of game servers with 1-2 players online. I cannot join these servers.

When I turn off the firewall, I get a normal list of servers, which I CAN join. So it's f-secure that does something odd there now. Any ideas. I've allowed arma.exe to access the net.

Quote[/b] ]After tweaking my firewall I've had no problems since, it's probably the first thing you should be checking.

I have checked firewall, reinstalled game twice,on top of a clean install of windows clean booted, cleaned registry, updated ALL drivers and i still get this message, i have sent dmp files along with dxdiag and windows report files to BIS, according to the reports my machine is not the problem,personally i think it is a coding problem that i am hoping that BIS can overcome , because at the moment it is impossible to play multiplayer games... banghead.gif

A very strange workaround for this that has been found working sometimes : re-install ArmA at the root of your directory :

C:\\ArmA

for example.

Another, for the motherboards with nForce chipset w/ embedded RealTek AC97 sound chip :

When you update your nForce drivers, the RealTek drivers for the audio components are replaced by nForce ones that seems to be not working properly. Reinstalling RealTek drivers after the nForce update has corrected the issue for some people.

Do we have an identified bug ID for this issue?

I have an nforce mobo, but the ac97 real tek is disabled as i use a sound blaster card. Before the crash i notice the first thing to deteriorate is the sound in the game then it is just a question of timebe fore the 'ArmA has encounterted a problem and needs to close ' quote pops up.

Hi, i had exactly the same issues after i updated my sound-drivers (AC97). The real solvent was to install the Open_Al drivers again, which comes with patch 1.02. Filename: "OpenAL_1990.exe"

Maybe this could help one, so i would give it a try.

Regards, Christian