Sign in to follow this  
Mac84

game crashes when I try to join multi

Doesn't seem to matter what server I join, the game will crash almost immediately after I try to join a server.

My system:

athlon 3700+

dfi lanparty ut ultra-d

2gb OCZ gold

x1900xt

all latest drivers.

Well this game has lots of issues, so its better to wait for a patch.

I don't think its worth it, but you could try a clean install of windows. That will eliminate potential software that can screw the game up.

This is usually a firewall issue.

Please make sure ArmA.exe process is allowed in and outbound traffic in all firewall programs or firewall alike programs on your system.

You have an nvidia nforce chipset. If you installed the Nvidia Access Manager then please configure it or remove it (I heard many ppl having problems with this software).

Many ppl have multiple firewalls enabled on their system, even without them really knowing it... Check all ur antivirus, antispyware and security products for possible integrated firewalls, either disable them all except 1 or make sure you have enabled arma.exe process in all of them.

i get this exact same error and i have the same mobo i will try and i have just reinstalled xp sp2 so i will disable firewalls thanks

Have you tried ArmA Demo 5116?

Just checking if you have it or not...

Otherwise try a Diagnostic Startup:

Start -> Run -> Type "msconfig" and hit enter -> Check the "Diagnostic Startup Mode" and apply -> Restart your computer and try and run ArmA...

If that works then it means there is a background service which is causing the game to crash.

At least that would get you a step closer to seeing where the issue lies.

Do you have this only with ArmA or also with other games?

Do you use a router?

I cant even connect to the internet in diagnostic mode.

I am behind a router, but I can play any other game just fine on multiplayer. I dont have any anti-virus software or firewalls.

edit: ill try the demo.

I dont have any anti-virus software or firewalls.

wow_o.gif

But you know that this is like bunjee jumping without a rope.  crazy_o.gif

:edit - well thinking again i guess the router does have a firewall then - doesn't it?

If so - try your search for the troublemaker somewhere

there too.

~S~ CD

i have a router but it has no firewalls and now my xp is all messed up the start menu does show the links to files and it does have my account image and when i right on the desktop i get a dark grey box and there are lots of other things that arent working i get it has something to do with that Msconfig i did set it back to normal and it doesnt look normal sad_o.gif

i have a router but it has no firewalls and now my xp is all messed up the start menu does show the links to files and it does have my account image and when i right on the desktop i get a dark grey box and there are lots of other things that arent working i get it has something to do with that Msconfig i did set it back to normal and it doesnt look normal  sad_o.gif

But you know 'Windows recovery' don't you?

If it's gone bad after your msconfig thingy - just

recover to a time before that.

~S~ CD

Locks up when I try to join multiplayer in the demo as well.

Try removing the router and having a direct connection to the modem if possible.

Disable all firewalls (Dont forget Windows firewall in the control panel) and try it.

Don't forget to put the firewalls back on when you have finished, and I recommend you don't do any web browsing while its off. I picked up so much spyware when I went web browsing with my firewall off.

Have you checked your router's port forwarding on its setup page...?

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=56898

Check that thread for the ports required to be forwarded.

Not sure if you checked that thread or not...

No need to remove router, just open these ports on the routers control panel (enter in your Router's IP address into internet explorer and it SHOULD open up)

Quote[/b] ]Required Ports: If you need to trigger ports behind a router or firewall the following ports are required to be open:

2302 ArmA

2303 Server

2305 VOIP

If they are not open you wont be able to join MP games.. Though usually the game is blocked too if the ports are not open...

ofp has the same port and I can play that game in multiplayer just fine, so I doubt this will work, but I'll try anyway.

Well make sure all 3 of those ports are open on both the ROUTER and FIREWALL.

If that dont work (and its possible) try a direct connection to the internet (not via a router, via a modem).

If theres still no luck i'll try and find some more things which could be wrong.

Good luck

I put myself into DMZ in the router, and it still crashed.

Just go to My Documents\Arma

Delete the two files there, your profile, and the CFG file, restart, setup your video settings again and try to connect.

Should work fine.

Well this was working for me the other night but now the problem is back.. i'm at a loss now.

I have this problem also. Reinstalled game, configure new profiles in menu, opening server browser and crash after joining every server.