Sign in to follow this  
MidTower

Are the bot's hacking?

Man, those bot's are some good players or are they hacking?

Are they going to put in a way to see the bot's?  They blend way to much into the background and we don't and they are very, very hard to see. Bang your dead!  sad_o.gif

The AI in ArmA is equipped with a wallhack and also a shoot-through geometry LOD hack.  If you do not like these, you can solve by going to Start > All Programs > Armed Assault > Uninstall thumbs-up.gif.

EDIT: Apparently someone thought I was serious crazy_o.gif. No, the AI does not use hacks confused_o.gif.

The AI in ArmA is equipped with a wallhack and also a shoot-through geometry LOD hack.  If you do not like these, you can solve by going to Start > All Programs > Armed Assault > Uninstall thumbs-up.gif.

EDIT: Apparently someone thought I was serious crazy_o.gif.  No, the AI does not use hacks confused_o.gif.

I know your joking, just like I am! I just get a kick out of how fast I die!. Hope the full game is better? biggrin_o.gif

I think you can mess with the AI skills. I'm not sure how, or if it'll work in multiplayer. I have the demo so I don't know much about it. confused_o.gif

The AI is really fast and really accurate in the Campaign. If you dumb them down in the options it's much more easy

The AI is really fast and really accurate in the Campaign.  If you dumb them down in the options it's much more easy

Thanks for the information guys. smile_o.gif

You know, I have another question, if I may. I removed the server config file out of the folder of ArmA and the game is still working. But, what would be a good test to see if its connected to the Internet? crazy_o.gif

And just for the statistics:

It's called 'AI' not 'bots' what you see there in ArmA

and could see in OFP. wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

And just for the statistics:

It's called 'AI' not 'bots' what you see there in ArmA

and could see in OFP.  wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

Yes, I know there AI. Just used to hearing, "Bots", from playing BF2. Thanks. smile_o.gif

Now, back to my question?

I removed the server config file out of the folder of ArmA and the game is still working? rofl.gif

The AI is 'teh Hax0r', if that's what you mean...

Hmm, guess you could say that! biggrin_o.gif

Hi,

if you want to tune down the skill of enemy AI soldiers or tune up the skill of friendly AI soldiers then read The Demo Co-Op Whats your casualty rate?, there is a tip in the second post which can help you.

I have played the demo with no other players in the session, leading a group of AI soldiers in the coop mission. Adjusting the values mentioned in the other thread will definitely have an impact on the gameplay. I don't know how it behaves if there is more than one player in the session and if all of them have different values for the AI skill. Maybe the host computer decideds the values, but that's just a guess.

Best Regards,

Baddo

The initial AI values were very frustrating for me and

I am very pleased and glad, those could be changed so easily.

(Mainly enemy accuracy too high for my liking)

-

Now playing with these AI values and am satisfied with that.

(Looong firefights; good pathfinding/flanking manouvers[sp?]

just the way _I_ like it. ) smile_o.gif

skillFriendly=0.990000;

skillEnemy=0.990000;

precisionFriendly=0.450000;

precisionEnemy=0.450000;

ymmv

by removing the server config you are just removing the config for your server, if you were to host. The game will still run with out it. thumbs-up.gif

by removing the server config you are just removing the config for your server, if you were to host.  The game will still run with out it. thumbs-up.gif

Hey guys thanks for all the information.  I will be checking it all out!   biggrin_o.gif

Your right, it does.

Now, I have run into another dilemma?

My real name is shown when I kick someone off the game? How do I change it to my game name?  See screen shots, please. Another thing, see the other screen shot, what do you do with this? Your help is highly appreciated. It appears I have some work to do on dedicated server? Thank you.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523....MG]

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523....MG]

probably something to do with the name of your computer ??

in ofp hosted games would show up as "midtower on computername"

Thanks Rabbit. I am wondering if its my dedicated server or my playing computer?  Yes, I used to have OFP on my server and it didn't show my real name when I had it on my server?huh.gif  crazy_o.gif

Your ingame name is default set to the name you give windows, for example if you have multi users on XP and you call it "Midtower" your name will appear as Midtower on *your computer name*

Hence why you find so many people named "Administrator"/"HP-Administrator" etc :P

You can change it in the User Accounts in Windows Control Panel.

Computer name you can change my right clicking My Computer and clicking properties and then you can change it on the properties.

Your ingame name is default set to the name you give windows, for example if you have multi users on XP and you call it "Midtower" your name will appear as Midtower on *your computer name*

Hence why you find so many people named "Administrator"/"HP-Administrator" etc :P

Computer name you can change my right clicking My Computer and clicking properties and then you can change it on the properties.

Thank you Jack. I do know what you mean. I'll try to change my computer name and see if that works. Thanks for taking time to respond, its highly appreciate by me. biggrin_o.gif

Thank you Jack. I do know what you mean. I'll try to change my computer name and see if that works. Thanks for taking time to respond, its highly appreciate by me.  biggrin_o.gif

No probs i got all the time in the world (until February 16th by which time you'll only find me in ArmA servers wink_o.gif )

Tell me if that works or not, and i'll try and find another solution...

Thank you Jack. I do know what you mean. I'll try to change my computer name and see if that works. Thanks for taking time to respond, its highly appreciated by me.  biggrin_o.gif

No probs i got all the time in the world (until February 16th by which time you'll only find me in ArmA servers wink_o.gif )

Tell me if that works or not, and i'll try and find another solution...

Is that when the full version comes out? Do you have any idea when the USA version will be out?

I changed my Server and my gaming computer name to MidTower and it still give's my full name? Might have to reinstall Windows XP and give the server the name I want? Just thought of something, I don't think I can do that, otherwise it couldn't be identified by Windows when they check to see if I have a purchased copy, which it is! I have been searching as well, and can't seem to find an answer. Maybe the full version will correct this?  confused_o.gif

Again, thanks for your time, any more suggestions?  biggrin_o.gif

nice quadruple post ..lol

your running a dedicated server ?

just name your server in the config

read here http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

Yeah, sorry about the posting being repeated. I know better now.  I didn't use edit. Now I know how to use it.

Thanks for information, I do appreciate all I can get. I asked another poster when the game is coming out for the USA, I just read that they have not made up their minds. I can't wait.

Again, thank you and I'll check that information out right now.  smile_o.gif

UPDATE:

I am using the bat file c:\Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma Demo>ArmaDemo.exe -server -config=server.cfg -nosplash -no map and it freezes, at this screen? But the server is running? This the sever.cfg, of course I changed P/W, called it ArmA Demo MYSEVER, but thats all!

What goes here in here, reportingIP="";

// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// server.cfg

passwordAdmin = "xyzxyz"; // password to protect admin access

password = "xyz"; // password required to connect to server

hostname="OFP Server # 1";

motd[]= {"Welcome to OFP server.","Hosted by Flashpoint Webworlds.",}; // Welcome message, two lines "," means 'new line'

motdInterval=1; // if motd has multiple lines, how fast to show these in succession (default is 5 seconds).

voteThreshold=0.33; // when one third agrees, this is enough to confirm a vote

reportingIP=""; // private server - no reporting ("armedass.master.gamespy.com" to report to the master server)

voteMissionPlayers=3; // start voting for missions when 3 players connect

checkfiles[]={"HWTL\dta\data3d.pbo","dta\data3d.pbo"}; //list of files to check for identity

kickduplicate=1; // do not allow duplicate id

locksuptc3.th.jpg

In answer to your question:

16th February is the UK release.. (for me)

And there is currently no US publisher and no date yet :\ But they are in discussions... You could possibly order a copy and ship it over to the US...

In answer to your question:

16th February is the UK release.. (for me)

And there is currently no US publisher and no date yet :\ But they are in discussions... You could possibly order a copy and ship it over to the US...

LOL Hmm, well all I can do is wait.

Lord have mercy if they get EA to publish the game I don't think I would buy the game. EA is to power angry and all they think about is money and not the customer. They also have the bad habit of controlling everything. crazy_o.gif

Sad!  banghead.gif

Thank you.