Sign in to follow this  
Eon

Why is 90% of server coop, 8% CTF and 2% hold/dm?

Ok, the numbers are just made up, but you get the idea.

A very high % of online games are Coop. I get that, people like to play big maps, using alot of vehicles or equipment to accomplish a common goal.

But why does so few "PVP" online games use the same equipment? When arma first came out there was a pretty even balance of CTF and HOLD maps, but that has shifted alot lately... There is atleast 10 CTF servers for ever hold map, and there is a ton more "user made" ctf maps then hold.

For a player like me, that play ArmA because of the "big battlefield", it sucks to be cramped into Hexxenkessel or some other tiny map where people rack up 30kills in a game.

What can be done to Armed Assault's multiplayer segment so that more of the big battlefield is used when playing?

And while im at it, there is one thing i hate about HOLD maps and thats the instant parachute jump. IMHO there is humwee's, trucks and transport choppers for a reason... Use them ingame instead of the horrible "parachute wherever you want"... I dont mind the parachute in "attack the airfield" because you need to fight to controll it and its limited to a small area, but being able to instant-parachute is pretty lame in a game that tries to obtain realism.

That's most probably because the current C&H maps suck. (Especially the C&H maps by chillmasta)

In general, the current co-op maps are simply much better. Also, there seem to be much more teamplayers online. (I've played officer on several co-op servers, and the majority of my group always prefered to play for the team, rather than for themself.)

Most co-op players would play C&H/SC too, but there arn't any decent maps out, yet.

Once my server is up and running, it'll be hosting large teamplay C&H/SC maps.

Quote[/b] ](Especially the C&H maps by chillmasta)

Was that really necessary?

Anyways most people play coop because C&H tends to draw in a different type of crowd. Alot more cheaters and tking and such tends to happen when you respawn over and over. Coop lets people get together with people they know and play a more tactical game. Plus there are already a gigantic selection of coop missions which makes it easy. You might try playing some CTI games. That way you get to play against other people on a big map. There are always some of those going.

Lets face it. Current C&H maps are really small and not realistic. The goals should be set more apart, so more strategy would be involved. But lets face it: coop with interesting story is a lot of fun wink_o.gif I'll probably do some PvP missions soon, I have a few cool ideas...

All C&H maps I've played have been poor. There is no balance between the über US equipment and SLA's second hand junk, and sometimes the vehicles are the same on both sides which makes things very confusing. I'd be more than interested to read a working concept for a C&H map.

Many CTFs have a problem too, and that is including every weapon in a crate which means people will pick G36 or SAW or then the map has only those two weapons. I oppose those super weapons because they take the role of every other weapon, what is the use of having AK74 or M240 if you got G36 and SAW? Lego maps have come quicker than expected, it basically means that you slap two or three types of house all over the map to create a "town".

I want to see CTF maps that have weapons for different roles instead of Super36 that covers all areas. M16/AK74, M240/PK and MP5SD is a good trinity to put in the ammo box, they are good for different things and none of them dominate another weapon's role. I'd like to see different sides with their own weapons instead of "give everything to everyone" mentality.

Yea, I really hated the G36 in ofp. That is the only weapon anyone used in pvp games.

I think Chillamasta's C&H's are mostly good, i.e. Assault on Bagango and Assault on Airport.

That said, I've made my own sector control style C&H's where you must cap in order and cap all territories to dominate. But on the pub it's really hard to get most players to actually think in terms of strategy, so the mission is over in under 5 mins since once team uses teamwork and dominates completely.

It drives me nuts.

hmmm...i know i made around 10 CTFs now with just all weapons and G36 as standard...but thats the kind of CTF which many guys wanna play atm.

I just made them to have some maps to play since the original BIS maps were just not playable.

Im making different kind of maps in future too...no panic! wink_o.gif

I like some of the UMPC C&H maps, that are the only fully playable C&H maps i found till now.

I think the decent maps will come with the league starts.

Cause now we are only playing public matches and thats always a huge difference to league matches.

So just give ArmA some time and then there will be more maps of every kind.

Why you guys dont start mapmaking too?..then you will have the maps you like!

CTI is totally missing atm in ArmA, but lets hope the next patch will make it playable.