Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

Sad to hear this Vilas. I really hope with a future update your ArmA experience will be good enough to enjoy it again.

Guys how about making some Israeli units?

Make some Olive-Green textures on some existing units, Humvee and Blackhawk helicopter.

Most of the weapons are M16's and M4's.

Here are some pictures:

30758162zb6.jpg

0659752hv7.jpg

Do to forum rules, this image is more then 100kb's so click it to open it, this is the humvee.

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/1773/hammer001wk1.jpg

IDF - please read what i post before

of course Israeli addon reskin is not a problem (olive uniform, dark green vest, M16, M4 to hands, UZI made already) IDF against my guerilla units

if you will give good pictures at my e-mail i can think about it, but as for the moment please read few post more smile_o.gif

Vilas....

i hope BIS will improve the problems you mentioned in future patches so the game becomes more playable again...

and i hope you dont stop making stuff...

you make nice addons, simple but working....

and i like that...

but in the end it´s your decision...

OFP took a while before it was working well too...

thats strange....

i got almost the same computer as you (a bit better actually, AMD X2 4200+ and GE7900GT) and i dont have those problems at all...

i run german download version of the game from Morphicon...

but i did get a sligt performance loss after 1.05 patch... but not much, maybe 2-3%

i think that maybe you should contact BIS and tell them about the preoblems and what version of the game you use (i think you run chech version, right?) and maybe they can look at it for the next patch...

Everything works vilas, only bug I could find is that the Sahrani M1A1 has an error that crashes the game, everything else is working and looking good.

i run PL version

game works good if all detail are on "low"

before 1.05 all was on "highest"

yesterday i was testing and when all is on "low" i could play for 2 hours without bigger problems, but our computers (Your and mine) are much better than "minimal requirement" or even better than "recomended PC" isn't it ?

if our PC are better than requirements listed on DVD box, why i have to set all on "low" ?

ps.

does now all files/archives work ?

please tell me if all works fine (Vibi, etc....) and what do you think about Nogova camo pattern ?

it´s strange yes...

i run everything on NORMAL now... exept shadows and shading wich are set on HIGH

HDR set to low

and i dont have any problems playing for several hours....

have you tried to completely uninstall the game (remove everything exept maybe personal files) and then reinstall the game and install all patches in order?

maybe that helps.... if not, complain to BIS, if they cant help, do as you please with the game...

Good work vilas smile_o.gif

nie poddawaj siÄ™ burakom w ArmA

Hope it helps for Vilas.

At least his Helicopters wont engage probs is already on the 1.06 fixlist.

Wow, I hope that removing Starforce is a viable option... good luck getting it to work (hopefully it doesn't cause your ArmA to start thinking it's an illegal copy or something).

I also hope they really DO fix that helicopter bug, because I've been wanting to be able to spot soft targets for AH-6's for a while; didn't realize until today that they won't fire AT ALL. (I thought they were just too stupid to line up the shot wink_o.gif )

Finally, I hope these addons work when I get home; they look great . I assume this is everything required? Sorry I'm a bit of an OFP/ArmA noob; but I really was disappointed that the Bradley's that I knew and loved from OFP weren't even in ArmA, and I can't wait to get them back in action...

What Mods do you need to have for the ACU's to work?

it keeps talking about needing the m4 or m16a4 i don't even know where to dled that...

and does anybody know a mod where the troops are in complete ACU?

I downloaded the WW2-pack, but only the lathani troops show up ingame :/

Edit: actually, it appears that the old units show up, I've changed their textures before, but removed that addon from the addon folder, and now when I put the new one there instead, the old units are still there, even though they shouldn't be. (They aren't there when the new addon isn't in the folder), this is scary.

Edit again: fixed it by doing a copy of it wich I named "bilww2.pbo" (for the simplicity) and configured the units for it instead (but keeping the textures in the vilww2.pbo. And it's working now, weird.

Vilas,

How would this suggestion sound?

Instead of having axis/allies why not make a fictional military for both sides supported by axis/allied powers? It would take some work, but it would look better than Axis soldiers with German markings on Soviet helmets.

Hey vilas, how about making an addon to get the planes to engage ground targets?

In OFP I loved to set up a convoy of trucks and watch F-14s scream overhead, reducing them into a line of smoke.