Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

@vilas: did you only fired your testing rounds on civilians? I guess i heard that soldiers have a working flak west. huh.gif Only an idea to solve this problem.

@the_shadow

You have no longer to wait. Vilas already released his first ww2 addon:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/arma/vilas_mod.rar

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/arma/vilww2.rar

You have to unzip those files in your Addons folder. Please test the weapons. I would like to know if you have the same problems with the M1 Carbine, MP40, STG44/45 and Thompson. Just shoot a soldier in the torso and tell me how many shots you needed to kill him.

i have used the weapons for a couple of days already wink_o.gif

i was more refering to the first ww2 mod with custom vehicles and soldier models wink_o.gif

oh, and i cant say i have experienced any problems....

usually manage to kill a enemy with 2-3 rounds at a distance of about 100-150m

i suggest you download ALL vilas addons again and see if that changes anything...

I had only installed the basic pack and the ww2pack. Now I also installed ALL other addons. And nothing changed.

Please test the following (hard config):

Take the Carbine (West->WW2) and shoot a soldier from a very close distance (2m) in the head. Tell me how many shots you need to kill him. I need 4 shoots. And test the same by shooting him in the torso. If you have time please test the other WW2 weapons as well.

ok, i tested as you said.....

all weapons exept the thompson and the carbine seams ok for me....

carbine required 7 shots in the torso and the thompson required 6

the thompson killed with 1 round to the head and the carbine needed 2 shots....

Now it would be good to know why these differences. VictorTroska and I need more shots. You don't need as many shots. Did you install other addons as well, like editor addons?

And which version of ArmA you have 1.1 or 1.2 (I use 1.2)? Which language version (I use German)?

i use German version 1.02 (latest patch)

and i have the danish stuff installed..... and ofcourse all Vilas addons....

on the FTP goes (in 1 h it will be aviliable)

new version of VIlas_mod required to play vilww2

in new WW2:

MOSIN 91/30 sniper and M1938

G-41

Lee Enfields Mk3 and Mk4 (from my previous OFP packs)

STEN

new textures for STG44 (better quality)

and better textures and model for G-43

german stelbgranatte (is it corect name ?)

what concerns question:

"All tests from a distance of 2m."

maybe this is a problem of BIS models/geometry/hit points ?

make test from 10 meters

in my version 2 shots to kill from Carbine

you may fire beside model of soldier because of points in 'memory LOD'

carbine is not bayonet ;/

edit - all ready to download

german stick grenade = Stielhandgranate (german soldiers in WW2 called them inofficial "Kartoffelstampfer")

great work! smile_o.gif

Vilas, I'm going to download your new files right now.

You may remember, that I already tested "shootings" from 10 m with the same result. I even tested it with a distance of 80m, also quite the same (it took one shot more to kill). The distance is not the matter. I only tested it from 2m to ensure that every shot is a hit.

Quote[/b] ]you may fire beside model of soldier because of points in 'memory LOD'

I don't understand this.

And I think it cannot be the soldier model causing these problems, because other weapons work perfectly.

Quote[/b] ]german stelbgranatte (is it corect name ?)

It's "Stielhandgranate".

Nice new weapons Vilas.

[Deleted due to found solution, see below]

Edit:

Now I found the solution in the config-file.

All weapons which where underpowered used ammo with an init-speed of 400 or 500. I changed the values to 700 and now 1 shot kills in the head and three shots in the torso (STG 2 shots). I tested it with both the hard and easy config file.

Vilas would you mind to change the configs as mentioned above? Then it would be unnecessary to have two configs. The accuracy and damage values of the easy config would be enough.

"Now I found the solution in the config-file.

All weapons which where underpowered used ammo with an init-speed of 400 or 500. I changed the values to 700 and now 1 shot kills in the head and three shots in the torso (STG 2 shots). I tested it with both the hard and easy config file"

once again visit world.guns.ru and read some more about velocity od bullets

stroong bullet from rifle has 700 m/s but bullet from carbine has other value

usual value for pistols is about 300-350

don't change history acuratness, don't make great gun from something that was bad gun sergeant

i can understand yoy like M1 Carbine but what is sens of making "realism" if you make weapons better than they were

Carbine cannot be better than Garand

new version of VIlas_mod required to play vilww2

Ok, and what version would that be?

Have you updated it now again for the release of the updated vilWW2 pack or is it still the same as your latest release of Basic Pack?

Or do you suggest we just download the Basic addon pack again to make sure we get the latest? Although I think the latest full addon release of you contained a fully updated one right?

Quote[/b] ]once again visit world.guns.ru and read some more about velocity od bullets

stroong bullet from rifle has 700 m/s but bullet from carbine has other value

usual value for pistols is about 300-350

don't change history acuratness, don't make great gun from something that was bad gun sergeant

i can understand yoy like M1 Carbine but what is sens of making "realism" if you make weapons better than they were

I know that in reality the bullets of MP40 and the others which are working very poor with your addon/config have velocities of around 400m/s. I would prefer to keep these values in the game for historical accuracy but the game seems to have problems with these low speeds and doesn't simulate the damage realisticly.

Now what's more important to you: Historically correct values in the config, or historically correct results in the game? If there will be a patch which corrects it, no problem than you could lower the speeds.

Btw: The Carbine is not one of my favorites, these are MG42, K98, STG, PPsh.

Quote[/b] ]Carbine cannot be better than Garand

In my config now both have a speed of 700m/s (perhaps try a value of 600 or 650). You can make a difference to the Garand by reducing the accuracy of the M1. It seems that the speed value has the biggest influence for ingame results.

Maybe you can make one config with higher speeds instead of higher accuracy/damage values (hard version) and the other config as you like.

[Edit]:

I tested the speed setting 600m/s with the easy config for Carbine, Thompson, MP40, STG, PPSH, STEN. It's OK. Mostly 1 hit in the head kills (MP40 - 2 hits) and 4-5 hits in the torso. I think this is the least acceptable.

in newest vilww2

PPS Sudayev 1943 (new model, high polygon)

Bren LMG with real optics (rest of model from my OFP pack)

DP-27 "plate Degtaryev" (model from my OFP packs)

EL Ninho > edit - newest version since 5 minutes smile_o.gif

now i hope to make som missions smile_o.gif

everyone should remember, the Carbine WAS a very weak weapon...

it fired a small bullet in quite slow speed, and during ww2 there wasnt many bodyarmors around.... and those that was was either heavy or quite bad compared to modern ones....

and since the ArmA soldiers seams to have "working" bodyarmor of modern standard it´s quite realistic that you need a lot of shots to kill someone....

Vilas, if i might have one small request of a rifle i would like a L96A1 sniper rifle with some "sabot" ammunitions like the one we have for it here in sweden (velocity of about 1300m/s)

that would defenitly punch through the vests and kill with 1 round.. wink_o.gif

also i think it would fit the sahrani units smile_o.gif

compared to modern yes.....

you should compare them with MP5 and not M4/M16/AK74...

Thompson has a .45 caliber pistol round.... works good on short ranges, but still not very powerful.

STG has a short rifle round, comparable to the AK47 round and isnt all that good against modern body armor...

PPSH has a pistol round but high rate of fire wich compensates a bit...

STEN has a pistol round..

and MP40 has a pistol round.....

none of those weapons can be compared with a M1 Garand, a Kar 98, a G43 or the SVT...

all those weapons fire powerful rifle rounds... and that means powerful compared to modern ammo...

when we get the tools and someone can make new soldier models... then we can start comparing for real.....

until that, test on the civilians as they dont have body armor wink_o.gif

okay, i found that only 2 soliders is nonsense i gave another 2 models

now:

Lathani SS Korps (samo soldier that was in pack already)

Lathani Green Wehrmaht (WH style)

Aliance AA style soldier with mesh on helmet lik 101'st and 82'nd (with west weapons)

Resistance soldiers - something like Red Army (with soviet weapons)

now it is high time to mission

and what concerns Seargeant Major

did you know that before Lebel 1886 rifle usual rifle could fired on distance 200 meters ?

i don't know how old are you, what scietific degree have you got

i finished technical university, i am an engineer

have you heard about something like "kinetic energy" ?

STG has been firing on distance up to 400 meters while full rifle 800-1200 meters

AK is like STG

but Carbine not, you read text about it - i repeat during Korean war there were problems with low power against worm jackets of communists

don't be offended but you are ignoring historical facts S-M as other facts (my sentence about emergency, police and Rambo films)

ignorance and denying facts are very bad features

in few states young people are learning on history lessons not true facts for example that death camps were Polish camps, although they were placed here by occupying German troops, young Russians are taught that they were helping us during WW2 , but they are not taught that they invaded us with Hitler on 17-09-1939 and were occupying untill 1941

also they didn't helped Warsaw uprising in 1944, they forbade to land on their territory US and English planes (to refuel) with support for fighting city and we have lost this battle because of them

but lies in the school is one thing and ignoring many facts is second

i repeat - ignorance is very bad feature because , S-M you have internet, you can read many sources, but you told yourself that you have right and that's all without asking question "what is the truth ?" - people who don't ask this question are for me ***

wise man should be seeking for truth by his own smile_o.gif

BIS gave such power to AK, M4 and it will be in "easy" BIS

compatible config as it is

in other way it would be unreal to fight with AI, in some other games power of ammo of player is different than AI ammo

but in ARMA not

OFP, ARMA gives possibility like no other game - thats why i make mods for this although i am not happy with ARMA performance (topics in Troubleshooting)

but i try to be as realistic as it can be done under this engine

vilas...

do you have a Machinegun for allies and red army?

oh, and can you please make some groups too?

shouldnt be too much work....

in few minutes all new stuff on server ready to download smile_o.gif

added SS soldier for Lathani army

soon i hope to make good FG-42 but need more pics and missions :/

armass.jpg

Quote[/b] ]i repeat - ignorance is very bad feature

And I for myself have the impression you are ignoring what I'm writing (otherwise I wouldn't ask you the same all the time without getting a convincable answer). It's sensless you will keep your opinion with the support of "the_shadow". It seems that you don't care that other users like me and VictorTroska have a different opinion. Maybe we should start a survey who is how satisfied with the performance of the weapons.

It's no matter of historical correctness, it's a bug. As there are not so many values in the config to set up. I still don't understand why the pistol M9 though only 350m/s makes more damage than a MP40 or PPsh. Which value is responsible for that?

There is no need of an engineering academic degree to understand that you don't need 3-4 headshots to kill, at point blank range. It blows your head away.

And concerning WW2 history: It's one of my special interests and my knowledge is far better than what is teached in schools.

"I still don't understand why the pistol M9 though only 350m/s makes more damage than a MP40 or PPsh. Which value is responsible for that" on my computer it works another way

if you test too close to soldier than points from memory load concerning barrel can be inside soldier or too near to make damage

make tests from 5 - 10 meters , not as you said 2 meters - for game this distance can be to close because of memory LOD in weapon model

test it on civils

i have 1.02 PL patch,, maybe other version of ARMA have different values of armor ?