Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

Quote[/b] ]You may remember, that I already tested "shootings" from 10 m with the same result. I even tested it with a distance of 80m, also quite the same (it took one shot more to kill). The distance is not the matter...

If I would be so egoistic I would keep quiet and make the changes for myself in the config, which worked very well, but I'm interested that the whole community has a very good working addon. The potential of your addon (later perhaps Mod) is great. But perhaps when more people come to you with the same problems, you might react on them.  icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote[/b] ]i have 1.02 PL patch,, maybe other version of ARMA have different values of armor ?

Where can I find those values?

Beside this: Are you planning to make WW2 tank and other WW2 vehicle addons? Are you going to do new soldier moddels?

Maybe you two should just stop fighting. It's not very productive and frankly it's getting old. sad_o.gif

in few minutes all new stuff on server ready to download smile_o.gif

New try

What files have you updated? Only the ww2 file or did you update the basic file now as well? Or didnt you do that now but did you do that already with the release from 2(??) days ago?

If you even updated the basic file that is.

It would be definatly very much appreciated if you would add a link to the updated file in the post where you announce the update.

Normally it could be done in first post but I think your links are somewhere on one of the pages between this one and page 1.

I can imagine making all your addons require a lot of work to be put in and you really do that. I really like what you have released so far. But giving just a few minutes more you could make downloading your files so much easier.

No flame intended, positive critisim from my side, others may completely think I talk bull

thumbs-up.gif

You can download the files from Vilas Homepage:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/index_eng.html

Thank you for that link.

But which one do I download? Only WW2? Or WW2 and basic file?

Was basic file updated as well with the latest update of the WW2 addon (if thats the one which was updated just now)? Or is it still the same as a few days ago?

Or......shall I just download 100 MB each time Vilas updates his addons just to be sure I have all the latest files?

That is why I was hoping to see some reference to what files exactly were updated with each post where its told the files have been updated with new versions.  thumbs-up.gif

But anyway, just let it be.......as soon as I can clearly see what files are updated each time I will make sure to pass on the knowledge.

hehehehe

the vilww2 was updated right now :P

BAR 1918 lmg

FG-42 model I

Pretty good weapons and units vilas. Its nice to see some WW2 weapons being made aleady thumbs-up.gif

By the way, I made a quick mission using the 1985 Sahrani units if anyones interested. Its basically assaulting the airfield and town on Rahmadi with these weapons and units, although there are some good firefights in there. wink_o.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/?7yc0ttictkb

looking nice, very nice, good job smile_o.gif

some stuff more-i must stop making addons and start making missions

armazwb.jpg

armafg422.jpg

whats up ?

VILAS_MOD contains M1911, CZ75, GLOCK , blackops in black not ACU - as usual required

VILAS_POL contains MP soldier and BERYL rifle

VILAS_CWC Nogovian officer has CZ75

VILWW2 - reskin of Lahtani-no wearing Wehrmath camo (not splinter, sumpftarn -i don't know what is name) nd FG 42 II model

OMG Vilas... notworthy.gif ur a machine! notworthy.gif

nice job again, will have to take a look at these babies now smile_o.gif

What is the yellow vested unit supposed to be...polish police?

The bright yellow kills the whole point of the camo. biggrin_o.gif

Polish Police and Military Police (Gendarmery) wears yellow vests in the city, during streets patroling (like red beret)

English police wears yellow vests in London too

those units are made to be in cutscenes not in field smile_o.gif

S_M thanks for this link, good photo, i changed color, new version goes to FTP smile_o.gif

( look at refreshed screen above and use F5)

i hope now it's color is not bad, i also fixed Garand optics - better texturing and i gave to Lahtanis field officers P38 from my previous OFP pack

but making such textures is difficult, when i don't have information about RGB or CMYK

my woodland probably s not enough good , but without RGB information it will remain as it is, also those Lahtani green units

after little FTP problem - now goes to FTP

12:00 CET

whats up ?

VILAS_MOD contains M1911, CZ75, GLOCK , blackops in black not ACU - as usual required

VILAS_POL contains MP soldier and BERYL rifle

VILAS_CWC Nogovian officer has CZ75

VILWW2 - reskin of Lahtani-no wearing Wehrmath camo (not splinter, sumpftarn -i don't know what is name) nd FG 42 II model

Great, that makes life a lot easier thumbs-up.gif

Thanks for all the great work you do with making new stuff for everyone to enjoy.

Let us know when the FTP is ready so we can give them a try smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but making such textures is difficult, when i don't have information about RGB or CMYK

my woodland probably s not enough good , but without RGB information it will remain as it is, also those Lahtani green units

Vilas there are nice little tools, with which you can pick a color on your screen and find out the correct color values in HEX and RGB. For example the following:

http://www.freeware.de/software/DetailEN_ColorManager_5636.html

http://www.freeware-archiv.com/rgb_farbwert-Details-4287.html

I use ColorManager and it's working easily.

[Edit]:

I just checked the Wehrmachtuniform. I don't see a difference to the color before. The uniform is too light green and the boots are still green.

I know it's not easy to find a color that represents the real Wehrmacht color realistically.

[update]:

And after testing the above mentioned tools, it's not easier as well. So I just opened the .paa file in Photoshop and adjusted the Colorbalance so that it fits approx. to the M42 uniform, which was worn by Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS:

http://www.geocities.com/efmshop/m42uni.htm

With the following settings it's a darker grey-green:

Colorbalance: R -9, G -28, B -22  (Midtones)

Brightness: -16

I tested it in the Game and there the colors seem to bee a bit lighter, that's why I took a bit darker settings in Photoshop.

there was one thing missing in ARMA

i said "was"

i proud to present various guerrilla units

can be used in missions as opposite to:

- east as Kaukaz region middle east terrorists or

- west "peace and freedom bringers" oposite forces, people who don't want freedom that someone brings

them ;]

armaguer.jpg

Guerillas 1.00