Sign in to follow this  
vilas

Vilas' addons

I added now all Villas addons into the Standart Arma addons folder but the problem with the recoil is not solfed!! What is the problem?? Can u help me Villas???

@soldat hans

any other mods running? soundmod? language patcher? everytime i had problems it was fault of things like that icon_rolleyes.gif

@vilas

yay.gif thx

@Scars09

no, I am not running any mod, and have no Language patcher installed!! Only the Villas Addons!!

(I have got Mod folders in arma, but I dont run them!! )

And Villas, I like you Plans!! cant wait for them

Vilas great work! WW2 is one of my favorite topics.

I just tried your addons and have found the following things which should be corrected/patched:

1.) The impact of the weapons is far too low. One shot in the head should kill immediately and two shots in the breast as well. But your weapons need much more hits.

2.) I get an error message when loading your addons. A few textures are missing and are not displayed (=white).

3.) Some weapons like MG42 and the STG's are not exactly fitting into the hands.

4.) The sound of the MG42 doesn't sound like the real one.

5.) The first shot sounds always dull.

This is no criticism. Just a hint. Keep up your great work.

3.) Some weapons like MG42 and the STG's are not exactly fitting into the hands.

There is no model editor dedicated to ARMA, when it out Vilas probably fix it. Now we have what we have biggrin_o.gif

The first two points are most important for me. With that hit-impact it's like playing an arcade game. You have to shoot half of the magazin to kill an enemy.

remember there are no editing tools available, the killing power of weapon, may just be a config error

Sergeant Major:

ad 1) impact definitions - i use ammo from BIS (example 9x19 PARA from MP5) , so itis not my too weak, arma to weak ?

and another - do you know that MP40, Thompson are submachineguns using pistol round ?

it is not AK with powerfull bullet

M1 Carbine used underpowdered cardridges, thats why it was replaced after Korean war

these weapons are not super power, normally submachineguns are used at range about 50 meters, only in some mods, soldiers shoot MP40 like it was an PK

SMG is short contact weapon good for police

probably you are not military expert, my friend work in Emergency ambulance - belive me - one shot kills only in films and games

in real life - sometimes police fires few times to make man not moving,

strong bullet from rifle can drive through man and fly far, man is still strong

of course hiting spinal, neck, brain kills, but ARMA has no good destruct points :/

2 shots in leg or hand kills - nonsense

strongest SMG was PPSH using Mauser 7.62x25 ammo firing 20 rounds/second

2) what error on what weapon ?

3) just like in OFP wrong animation from BIS

4)send me good sound on e-mail (vilas@o2.pl)

5) ARMA engine error , don't you have such with other (AK74, M4) ?

i have dull sound of first shoot in all ARMA

hey vilas,

i noticed that you used wave sound files in your weapons. my question is how did you get it to work?

see, i have a m240 wave sound file i want to use/replace the bis m240 wss sound file. the problem is i cant convert it to wss b/c when i do, i sounds horrible. so i added the wave file to the weapons pbo, and changed the path for it but i can't seem to get it to work.

any suggestions?

Few bugs I found durring testing (still in progress, maybe more comming wink_o.gif )

Thompson got StG-44 (MP44) image -EDIT: Same will all other US weapons

Thompson doesn't have single shots - it should

Thompson is using MP40 rounds (MP40 is using 9x19 Luger, Thompson .45 ACP)

Thompson is way too weak - like you said: it's using pistol ammo, but ammo of M1911 (the good old Colt .45). I even think that at close quarters it should be more damaging than 5.56x39 or 5.56x45 Stanag.

M1 Garrand is shooting withouth reloading.

Anyway, really nice addon ! smile_o.gif .

Here are the errors that I get when I load the corresponding weapon:

MG42 (Gunner):

Cannot load texture vilas_mod\textr\pkm_co.paa

98K/MP40/STG45/Garand:

Cannot load texture vilas_mod\w\dl.pac

G43:

Cannot load texture vilas_mod\textr\ak7m_co.paa

STG44/Carbine/Thompson:

Cannot load texture vilas_mod\w\qs_ak2.pac

Damage/Accuracy:

The damage/accuracy of the MG42, Gew.43, 98K (Sniper) and Garand is perfect: 1 shot in the head, two shots in the torso are deadly.

The damage of the MP40, even if pistol ammo, is too low: 2 shots in the head, 10 shots in the breast, 3 in the back (which is OK). Maybe it's a mix of relatively low accuracy and low power.

The STG44/45, Carbine and Thompson have an accuracy problem. Even at close range (10m) aiming at the head and shooting with single shot mode is hard to hit the head.

Concerning damage your STG44/45 are comparable with the MP40 - too weak. The Carbine and Thompson needed 15 hits in the breast from very close range (2m), which is extremely underpowered (maybe a mix of bad accuracy and power).

And there is no stock weapon which is so weak or inaccurate like the last mentioned. Even the M9 pistol kills with two shots in the torso and one shot in the head.

So my suggestion is to tweak the power and accuracy of the MP40, STG44, STG45, Carbine and Thompson so that they kill at short range with one accurate shot in the head and with two to three accurate shots in the torso.

Of course it may be that one is not dead after a headshot but he is knocked out, unable to do anything. The game doesn't make a difference whether knocked out or dead. So one headshot should always be deadly in the game.

Quote[/b] ]2 shots in leg or hand kills - nonsense

I said two shots in the breast or torso.

Animations

You managed to fit the other weapons rightly, why is it not possible to fit all weapons right into the hands?

Sound

Your right, the first dull shot is with all ArmA weapons. So nothing to blame you for. I didn't notice it before. icon_rolleyes.gif

I have some sounds of the MG42, but these are from Call of Duty Soundpack. Do you want them? You can download the pack here:

http://medalofhonor.filefront.com/file/Call_Of_Duty_Sounds;20727

But there are maybe even better sounds. I have to look through my documentaries, maybe I can find one.

MG42

Are you planning to introduce also bigger ammo boxes for the MG42, with sizes like 100 and 250? This would be great, because its enormous firepower reveals only with big ammoboxes.

you haven't got basic file (vilas_mod) - i wrote it is required !

i can cause lack of textures and lack of recoil

in ARMA value of pistol hit, assault rifle is 8

of 7.62x51 round is 9

i cannot give a Thompson such power because on long distance it will be such strong as Mauser !

in ARMA there are still so many errors that haven't been improved since OFP

ARMA is advertised as war simulator, but it is not such thing, it is just simple game, withe the worst performance i ever seen (look at trouble shooting topics), for me it s the worst game, totaly unplayble after 30 miniutes, because of wrong engine, which doesn't clean unused textures

it has 2 values for cariable guns -

8 for pistol and AK bullet

9 for full rifle round

13 - such hit BIS gave to 12.7 mm ammo

loss of energy is another thing that is not present in game although advertised, can you make another game engine that will divide bullets to pistol (losing energy after 200 meters) and rifle (after 1000 meters) ?

no - so it is not possible to give to SMG bullets stronger than rifle

if i would give them more energy it would be possible to kill man from Tomy from 300 meters (if not missed)

do you remember nonsense from OFP, where crew or specnaz killed you one shot from AKSU from 500 meters , in ARMA also AKSU shoots at long distance - thats why i changed it in my basic pack

many hits in soldier parts it is a matter of units made by BIS, i just retexture them and thats all, the same problems you would have with BIS weapons

accuracy is comparable to BIS weapons

"shooting with single shot mode is hard to hit the head"

? maybe in model of unit hit points or fire geometry is invalid, untill oxygen 2 is released - i don't know, i can hit even from 50 meters

I don't quite understand the problem. Isn't it possible to take for the Thompson and the MP40 the values of the stock MP5?

For the Carbine the values of the K98 (which works great)? And for the STG44/45 the values of the AK74?

This would solve all problems.

The problem is not the unit hit points, because there are not such problems with the stock weapons.

I tested it several times there is a big difference in short range between some of your weapons and the standard weapons. Just test it.

I don't think it's good to try to add historically correct inaccurancy, because the engine as you said is not as good as it should be.

If you don't change the values of the MP40, STG44, STG45, Carbine and Thompson it's unplayable.

I would really like to use your addons for future projects, but please do something against the described problems. notworthy.gif

Concerning MG42 and ammo boxes, what are your thoughts?

Which sounds do you like more?

And where can I download your basic file?

"I don't quite understand the problem."

you completely don't understand

STG has values from AK, carbine too (in my mod it is too strong)

tomy and MP has value from MP5

carbine like 98K ?

you lost your head, you cannot compare very strong rifle cardridge to underpowdered bad ammo, you watch to much films

read some more about this weapon

in korean war US soldiers were shooting to worm wearing korean soldiers and those soldiers were protected from bullets by thick winter jackets

read this: http://world.guns.ru/rifle/rfl08-e.htm

and open my config and look at ammo section, my weapons use default AK round :

class VIL_32Rnd_mp : CA_Magazine {

scope = 2;

displayName = MP40 MAG;

ammo = "B_9x19_Ball";

count = 32;

initSpeed = 500;

picture = "\CA\weapons\data\equip\m_ak74_ca.paa";

};

class VIL_30Rnd_kurtz : CA_Magazine {

scope = 2;

displayName = STG MAG;

ammo = "B_545x39_Ball";

count = 30;

initSpeed = 500;

};

class VIL_5Rnd_mauser : CA_Magazine {

scope = 2;

displayName = Mauser clip;

ammo = "B_762x51_Ball";

count = 5;

initSpeed = 700;

picture = "\Ca\weapons\Data\Equip\m_M24_CA.paa";

};

class VIL_10Rnd_mauser : CA_Magazine {

scope = 2;

displayName = G-43 MAG;

ammo = "B_762x51_Ball";

count = 10;

initSpeed = 700;

};

class 50Rnd_762x51_drum : CA_Magazine {

scope = 2;

displayName = MG Drum;

picture = "\CA\weapons\data\equip\m_m240_ca.paa";

count = 50;

type = 2* 256;

ammo = "B_762x51_Ball";

initSpeed = 800;

};

class VIL_30Rnd_tom : CA_Magazine {

scope = 2;

displayName = Thompson MAG;

ammo = "B_9x19_Ball";

count = 30;

initSpeed = 400;

};

class VIL_15Rnd_carbine : CA_Magazine {

scope = 2;

displayName = M1 Carbine MAG;

ammo = "B_545x39_Ball";

count = 15;

initSpeed = 400;

};

class VIL_8Rnd_garand : CA_Magazine {

scope = 2;

displayName = G-43 MAG;

ammo = "B_762x51_Ball";

count = 8;

initSpeed = 700;

};

class VIL_10Rnd_lee : CA_Magazine {

scope = 2;

displayName = Enfield clip;

ammo = "B_762x51_Ball";

count = 10;

initSpeed = 700;

};

class VIL_10Rnd_svt : CA_Magazine {

scope = 2;

displayName = SVT MAG;

ammo = "B_762x51_Ball";

count = 10;

initSpeed = 700;

};

And why does the MP5 shoot extremely better? Is there maybe another problem in the config which we don't see?

Same to "STG has values from AK".

As to historical accurateness the Carbine then is totally useless.

What about my MG42 questions?

MG sound will be changed but i must work with those sound files, it is really hard to make it good with this config

in ArmA and OFP you have only one sound for weapon

in other games it has "loop", "end" etc. in this game i have to find file that is good for one shot and multiple

bigger boxes, but i need pictures to textures

STG has much bigger recoil than AK74 which is very stable weapon

STG has a little lower accuracy:

STG dispersion = 0.003;

but BIS gave AK dispersion = 0.0025

in my mod AK has lower recoil (BIS made AK74 worse than it is)

maybe in game M16 is too good than it is in real life (dispersion = 0.0015 ?

BIS MP5 dispersion = 0.006;

my MP40 dispersion = 0.004;

so my is better

"As to historical accurateness the Carbine then is totally useless."

not for it's time, then it was good for fighting in the cities in summer, when enemy is in t-shirt 60-80 meters from you, tompson would miss him, carbine was light, was smaller than Garand for 21 cm, and it could fire 15 times comparing to german with 5 round in 98K with no selfloading, and always you could hit someone with stock, carbines were first US weapon to mount NV lunete

if you are in field it is useless if you are in city it is usefull

Quote[/b] ]STG dispersion = 0.003;

but BIS gave AK dispersion = 0.0025

BIS MP5 dispersion = 0.006;

my MP40 dispersion = 0.004;

so my is better

So why this big difference of MP5 vs MP40 and STG vs AK. There must be other values responsible. Maybe it's because I haven't installed your basic pack? Where can I download it? Maybe because of the lack of the official tools?

I didn't test long range shooting, only short range (2-10 m). Did you only test long range? Espescially the MP's must be better in close range for city battles.

look few posts earlier - vilas_mod.rar

site 6 of this topic