Sign in to follow this  
450R

Is Voice Over Net working in the demo?

Is there a trick to using it? I hit Caps Lock and the microphone icon and channel come up but no one can hear me. I've only heard one guy that got it working but he didn't say how.

I normally use TeamSpeak so I know the mic is working.

Any idea what those would be? Google and the Biki turned up nothing.

Yeah im having the same problem, i wouldnt bother with it to be honest, the VOIP is so quiet you cant hear anyone unless there is complete silence (which in a military sim is pretty lame)

Are you sure VoIP is enabled on server (admins can disable it)?

That said, there is some weirdness with VoIP, on this one server the admin insists that VoIP is enabled and I can hear other people use it and I can get it to work with my onboard Realtek ALC850 chip but not with my Creative X-Fi.

It's maybe something ArmA-specific as I can record with Windows' own Sound Recorder just fine and I even tested it with OpenAL 1.1 SDK capture sample application which works as expected as well.

Are you sure VoIP is enabled on server (admins can disable it)?

That said, there is some weirdness with VoIP, on this one server the admin insists that VoIP is enabled and I can hear other people use it and I can get it to work with my onboard Realtek ALC850 chip but not with my Creative X-Fi.

Works fine for me on the X-FI, but only with disabled hardware acceleration

Yeah check the admin has it enabled, when u go into a server ask if the VOIP is enabled.

I would simply recommend you use Ventrilo or Teamspeak, quite often clan dedicated servers will give you a public TS/Vent IP for players to go on smile_o.gif

Any idea what those would be? Google and the Biki turned up nothing.

By default the Armed Assault server is reporting to Gamespy and it also uses the Gamespy server to negotiate a NAT traversal. If this does not work reliably for you (e.g. when running behind very strict firewall), you may need to open and/or forward following incoming ports:

port UDP (used for game)

port+1 UDP (used for server reporting)

port+3 UDP (used for VoN transmissions)

Following outgoing ports need to be open as well:

port UDP (used for game)

port+3 UDP (used for VoN transmissions)

Default value of port is 2302, but you may change it by -port command line argument.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Dedicated_Server

Works fine for me on the X-FI, but only with disabled hardware acceleration

We have recently found a bug in OpenAL XFi native driver, which returns failure errors while capturing sounds. We have implemented a workaround, which will be available in the next patch / next demo version (and before you ask, no, I cannot tell you when this will be thumbs-up.gif ).

As a workaround, disabling HW acceleration in Windows sound control panel will solve the problem.

We have recently found a bug in OpenAL XFi native driver, which returns failure errors while capturing sounds. We have implemented a workaround, which will be available in the next patch / next demo version (and before you ask, no, I cannot tell you when this will be thumbs-up.gif ).

As a workaround, disabling HW acceleration in Windows sound control panel will solve the problem.

Great news and Great work Suma notworthy.gif ! We will be awaiting the patch with much anticipation, keep it up! thumbs-up.gif

wow, whoops. lol

i didnt know VOIP was in game. i wonder if one server i was on last week, the guys were yelling at me!?? (probably)

all i kept seeing was CAPS LOCK..CAPS LOCK!

COME ON DUDE! CAPS LOCK! CAAAAPS LOOOOOOOOCK! from several players

yet i didnt know what they were talking about... (later i noticed caps lock was on) hit it again, and turned it off. they never called me out by name, (if in use, does users name come on screen??)so i didnt know what was up. sorry bout jackin the thread, but hey, im informed now smile_o.gif and wouldnt have known if i didnt see this thread!

preferable for most games, though i use teamspeak/ventrillo. most VOIP in games arent that great from what i have experienced.

One question: Does VON work with LAN games? We tried it yesterday but couldn't get it to work.

i had the same problem d034rk , to no avail. I tried everything. When I press caps lock i get a white square but no mic icon.