Sign in to follow this  
Eddie16AAB

Private Military Contractors?

My clan/squad/whateveryouwanttocallit is based on a Private Military Company. So we'll definatly be using some of these units when we switch over to ArmA biggrin_o.gif

something along the lines of this would be more appropriate for modern iraq

Img removed

yeah these are the generic pmcs I was talking about, some fancy sunglasses and tattoos. Its kind of sad how many mercenaries are appearing in Iraq with no control. Im glad they are there to help things along, but should be subject to iraqi law.

So far all the PMCs look cool from whats been done... Just wondering why they are all white?

@ Ironsite

PM sent as requested.

@ Eddie

Gear wise? Well, the items I was issued were rather sub-par in my opinion. As with most the guys in this position, I've purchased a lot of my own gear. I refuse to wear a military issue/style Point Blank fragmentation vest. It retains far too much body heat and restricts movement quite a bit. I wear a FAPC vest with a front and rear ballistic plate. My LBV I purchased which is a RACK vest. It's a nice piece of gear simply because it's configurable to whatever the mission requires. My boots are my old Marine Corps issue ones. smile_o.gif

Did you have any specific questions?

FYI Eddie - Blackwater does not use the military "Little Bird" (H-6 and variants). The operate the civilian MD-500.

So far all the PMCs look cool from whats been done... Just wondering why they are all white?

Because I took the pics at pretty random places. They just happened to be white. smile_o.gif

I had a couple ideas last night and try to incorporate them.

Although the last time I had a nice idea it turned up rather ugly ingame. I tried to do a SORD Hardface jacket but it looked like #### ingame

smile_o.gif

Because I took the pics at pretty random places. They just happened to be white. smile_o.gif

I had a couple ideas last night and try to incorporate them.

Although the last time I had a nice idea it turned up rather ugly ingame. I tried to do a SORD Hardface jacket but it looked like #### ingame

smile_o.gif

Is it possible to incorporate the Especas LBV without the flak jacket?

@ Ironsite

PM sent as requested.

@ Eddie

Gear wise? Well, the items I was issued were rather sub-par in my opinion. As with most the guys in this position, I've purchased a lot of my own gear. I refuse to wear a military issue/style Point Blank fragmentation vest. It retains far too much body heat and restricts movement quite a bit. I wear a FAPC vest with a front and rear ballistic plate. My LBV I purchased which is a RACK vest. It's a nice piece of gear simply because it's configurable to whatever the mission requires. My boots are my old Marine Corps issue ones. smile_o.gif

FYI Eddie - Blackwater does not use the military "Little Bird" (H-6 and variants). The operate the civilian MD-500.

i agree about the point blank vests, as a PMC yourself i suppose you have alot more freedom with what you want to wear which is going to be a bonus in my opinion,

the RACK is a suprising choice, then again, im pretty stereotypical when it comes to PMC, i thought you guys all wore Eagle Plate Carriers and wore Oakley shades wink_o.gif

gear wise, i wouldnt mind knowing what other items you wear, thigh holster?, serpa, safariland?, headwear?, mich?, IBH?, Protech?, and of course, which clothing do you prefer to wear, Under Armour?, 5.11?, Crye?, having someone like yourself to ask these questions is an honour and im behind what you guys do all the way smile_o.gif

issue boots are great, i wear a pair of British issue desert boots for hiking and such.

as for the little bird, thanks for that, will have to look into making a reskin for that smile_o.gif

also, which contracting company do you belong to?, if you want you can PM me the answer if you dont want to publically announce it.

thanks in advance,

Eddie

@ Ironsite

PM sent as requested.

@ Eddie

i agree about the point blank vests, as a PMC yourself i suppose you have alot more freedom with what you want to wear which is going to be a bonus in my opinion,

the RACK is a suprising choice, then again, im pretty stereotypical when it comes to PMC, i thought you guys all wore Eagle Plate Carriers and wore Oakley shades wink_o.gif

gear wise, i wouldnt mind knowing what other items you wear, thigh holster?, serpa, safariland?, headwear?, mich?, IBH?, Protech?, and of course, which clothing do you prefer to wear, Under Armour?, 5.11?, Crye?, having someone like yourself to ask these questions is an honour and im behind what you guys do all the way  smile_o.gif

issue boots are great, i wear a pair of British issue desert boots for hiking and such.

as for the little bird, thanks for that, will have to look into making a reskin for that smile_o.gif

also, which contracting company do you belong to?, if you want you can PM me the answer if you dont want to publically announce it.

thanks in advance,

Eddie

I work for DynCorp.

The RACK system is a better choice for me. You can configure the vest any way you want. Besides, it's a hell of a lot better than what I was issued. Which was a desert tan $50 piece of garbage from Airsplat! Yeah...I'm serious.

The hip holster is a good question. It's black, has two Fastex buckles, hurts my waist, and is constantly pulling my pants down. Yes, it was issued and it's crap. I should probably pick one up while I'm home now that I think about it.

I would like to make a suggestion to everyone that is making these PMC addons. Please oh please don't use Blackwater as an example. They are widely regarded as a joke, not to mention a bunch of cowboys.

DynCorp, interesting.

i agree with Blackwater being a joke as of fall 2006 they had 9 lawsuits against them and havent met the requirements for their contracts on a number of criteria.

The issue stuff is always going to be poor, have you decided on which holster you are intending on buying as i know a fair few places that you can get some comfortable and useable holsters for very little

I think the discussion should stay on par with the addon elements for ArmA. If you would like questions answered, please PM me.

Lets leave this element where it needs to be. This is a topic about PMC addons.

EDIT:

Shameless plug. smile_o.gif

Many of these aspects can be read in my new book.

I like to dress up and play PMC in airsoft too...where do you play

The only difference is I'm the real thing...ass!

Not like it's a hard deal to break into to begin with....

Prior Marine Corps artillery. Echo Battery 2nd BN 10th Marines to be exact. Left active duty in Oct. '03, and entered the reserves the same year. Spent the better part of my time in Iraq as a provisional rifleman. Left the reserves in late '05. Signed on with DynCorp as a member of their poppy eradication program in mid '06, and have since become a TL in Iraq as a PSS.

The only difference is I'm the real thing...ass!

icon_rolleyes.gif

I made a killing off a PMC company back in the day. When i sold my URL to them. LOL!

I'd rename that book if I were you Marines.

Jim Ashcroft beat you to the punch already, mate. Same title, same topic.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-....2273119

But hey, there are lots of catchy titles out there, no worries, right?

The (original) book is quite good by the way. I happened upon it while watching a documentary on the same subject, called "Shadow Company" (also worth a look despite the campy title").

EDIT:

By the way, how's work coming along Peanut? I'm getting antsy here, mate  biggrin_o.gif

I think the discussion should remain on topic. Any further question directed at me should be via PM.

I didn't choose the books title, mate. wink_o.gif

img006.jpg

img002.jpg

img004.jpg

I might actualy read that book... Get a bit more insight on how to make my clan more realisticly run tounge2.gif

DynCorp is the company my clans name is based on tounge2.gif

Anyway, back to ArmA... whistle.gif

I didn't choose the books title, mate. wink_o.gif

Guess you're covered then, lawsuit-wise.

Anyways, player models seem to be pretty tight at this point. The thing that really goats me is the cars in ArmA. Right now I'm using a hatchback/sedan kinda deal as the pilot car and an off-roader as the heavier security car. Not the ideal solution by any means, but it'll have to do for now.

The trouble I've found with the available vehicles are mainly that they are rather underpowered for the job, have no reverse gears to speak of and most importantly no good seating arrangements.

On top of this it is impossible to engage a contact from within the vehicle, which effectively means that you have to step out of the only piece of cover you have, crappy as it may be, if you want to place some fire on the bad guys.

I know Scratch Modworks have something in the oven, so I've put in my opinion about the subject.

@ Peanut & Eddie

Whats the possibility of importing one of the civilian MD-500s from OFP?

well, suppose the possiblity is there, will have to look into it further, although a total reskin of the military model would be the easiest, wouldnt take long to do

well, suppose the possiblity is there, will have to look into it further, although a total reskin of the military model would be the easiest, wouldnt take long to do

The only problem with that is that the exterior seating skids will still be visable.

Here is the difference between the two birds in question.

md500_dual_side_mount_front_view.jpg

gallery.mh-6.jpg

mmmmm, not sure really, might have to make a complete different model altogether, give me a couple of hours and ill look into it a little bit more

@ Peanut & Eddie

Whats the possibility of importing one of the civilian MD-500s from OFP?

From what I've read it's possible to import OFP models when you have the MLOD (?) format of them.

So you gotta write the original author to get it. And then rework some lods or something.

But I've never tried to model (okay, I tried and failed)

I'm working on reskinnning the MH-6 model so they have some air transportation. I don't have it ingame yet because I as of now I mainly removed the markings and recolered it in blue. Also there are issues with my config for it. It will mainly act as a place holder.