Sign in to follow this  
.:50Ca_}{_Fe(A)R:.

Weapons

First off, I'de like to be able to xuatomzia them with different attachments : silencers, underbarrel grenade launcher, and different types of optics.

Second off, I'de like to be able to melee with our guns.

Now, onto the weapons that I'de like to see

P90

FN SCAR

FN 2000

Sig Sauer 226

HK USP

FAMAS

Chinese type 95

MP7

MP5K

MP9

IMI Tavor

STYER TMP

STYER AUG

Desrt Eagle

FN Five Seven

HK UMP45

Barrett M82

PSG 1

MAC 10

AKS 74U

OICW

Thats exactly what i wanted to ask o_0

What use should the most of these weapons have?

There will sure be addons but i think its nonsense to add these weapons in Game2

P90 - low distance

FN SCAR - no ordonnance weapon

FN 2000 - please...

Sig Sauer 226 - would be good as the army uses it

HK USP - not really even if i'd like to see it

FAMAS - ...No

Chinese type 95 - do you mean Norinco?

MP7 - maybe useful

MP5K - maybe...

MP9 - no

IMI Tavor - useless at all

STYER TMP - no

STYER AUG - would be good

Desert Eagle - no ( ! )

FN Five Seven - no

HK UMP45 - no

Barrett M82 - sure

PSG 1 - not really

MAC 10 - ...maybe as in OFP

AKS 74U - sure

OICW - no. it has no use

theres no harm in the suggestions and there will most likely be addons to implement these. but it would be nice to have scripts already implemented to change profile of weapons. walk over to a armoury or specialization crate and swap the bipod on your rifle for a m203 launcher or forward grip.

Theres no point in suggesting that weapons should be included in the game, the modding community will provide. I think most if not all of those weapons have been made into OFP at some stage.

yeah exactl what ch_123 said. we are not rejecting we are just stating a fact.

Here's a question for all you people who think that BIS should only put an AK-47 and an M-16 in Game 2 - Why can't BIS give us a wide array of weaponry right out of the box? I'd like to see many of those weapons included, even if it's just for coolness.

Oh, and just because some of those guns are in CS doesn't mean they aren't worthy of a re-make by BIS. CS is still a bloody fun game even if you don't have to line up your shot for a minute beforehand (even though you actually do have to, but not as much as in OFP/ArmA).

Well, to kill a person, you would need just a 9mm handgun, you know? You don't need uber gun like fn5000 or minigun to do that. To win a battle, a conflict, or even a whole war, you don't even need to shoot. And I would like to see that in game2. Dynamic campaign, the economy, the meaning of strategic places like power plants, propaganda, civilians, politics etc. Those are the factors that have biggest influence on ongoing conflicts.

Those weapons you mentioned have just one purpose in games. They're just an eye candy, as the ballistics and realism of their usage is rather poor. Even in ArmA there are some major issiues with the ballistics system.

Now, being aware of BIS plans to make game2 even more realistic than ArmA (thank you Placebo (god)), It's highly questionable that they include those weapons in the game.

Well, to be honest I wanted OICW to be part of some training/testing program, with all of It's features and stuff, Xm8's were tested in Iraq afaik, but since the whole project died, there's no point in suggesting such things. And I meant something more than halo-looking sci-fi weapon btw.

Here's a question for all you people who think that BIS should only put an AK-47 and an M-16 in Game 2 - Why can't BIS give us a wide array of weaponry right out of the box? I'd like to see many of those weapons included, even if it's just for coolness.

Oh, and just because some of those guns are in CS doesn't mean they aren't worthy of a re-make by BIS. CS is still a bloody fun game even if you don't have to line up your shot for a minute beforehand (even though you actually do have to, but not as much as in OFP/ArmA).

If BIS makes more weapons, it means more time is wasted for them. After all, as well as making guns, they have to make vehicles, program everything, code the game engine, make the AI, make the Islands, develop missions etc, so the guns are not really important when you look at the big picture.

Now, look at the weapons that came with OFP, modders where able to make much nicer looking weapons when the tools where provided. So, what is the point of BIS wasting time making un-needed fancy guns, when the modding community is capable of providing these weapons, and when large numbers of people kept complaining about how long it took to develop ArmA, and another large group of people complaining that BIS should have spent more time working on the game's engine? banghead.gif

ALL i want is a fully customizable M16A4 with a choice Eotech553,Aimpoint,or ACOG for optics a vertical foregrip, ANPEQ2A or ANPAQ4, and a M9 bayonett mounted on it notworthy.gif

A gun is just a tool, dosent matter what it looks like, just as long as it goes BANG every time you pull the trigger that's all that matters. pistols.gif

A gun is just a tool, dosent matter what it looks like, just as long as it goes BANG every time you pull the trigger that's all that matters.  pistols.gif

Said a guy who has an uber-steyr in his sig wink_o.gif

I agree btw.

Said a guy who has an uber-steyr in his sig wink_o.gif

I agree btw.

whistle.gif Bugger forgot about my sig when i posted that.

there is only one thing about the weapons for Game2 that i would love to have.. a customisable weapon system.

i do not want to have to deal with 500+ pbo files of the same weapon with different attachments.

keep it simple.. make a base weapon:ie- a bare M4 reciver, have a preview window of you weapon choice. in this window it should have attachment point marks on the base weapon which you click on and a new window opens showing a list of parts that can be used.

i much rather have a system like this than the current system that is in arma (same thing as ofp).

once the modtools are released im going to look into the possiblility of making such a system for ArmA.

1) I hope that 'melee' will not be introduced, i hate people who run around punching people instead of actually shooting...

2) Customize certain weapons? (e.g. in americas army, SF weapons can be customized with 4xscope, aimpoint etc)

3) Unlockable weapons? Or something to work towards.. instead of just playing and playing.. be playing towards something.. put the scoring system to good use =)

I just wish theyd go back to 1985. The cold war scenarios are far more intersting to explore then these scruffy modern day conflicts. Also i would like the old M-14(sniper), and the FN-FAL and I miss the M-60 as well.  Not interested in all the "boutique" guns listed in the first post.

M249

M60 (still in use by spec ops)

M240

M4

M14

M16

M21

M9

Colt 1911

G 36C

G 36K

M4/m203

M16/m203

AK-47

AK-74

SVD Sniper Rifle

M82 Barrett Sniper rifle

M40 Sniper Rifle

L96a1 Sniper Rifle

m24 Sniper Rifle

AK74SU

RPK Machine Gun

RPK74 Machine Gun

PK Machine Gun (As in OFP and ArmA)

Steyre AUG

G3

MP5 (both silenced and unsilenced variants)

Claymore

C4 (Satchel)

Anti Personnel Mines

Anti Tank Mines

Frag grenade

Smoke Nade

Newer AK Variants (i dont wanna list em but there are quite a few guns that have been produced/are in development by Klashnikov that will be readily available by 2010, the game's time setting).

AT4

Javelin

RPG7 (with  2 types of ammo :Fragmentation and Anti Armor rounds)

(These are all pistols in service with the Russial Mil.)

9mm PM automatic pistol

9mm APS automatic pistol

5.45mm PSM automatic pistol

"Authentic and insanely detailed representation of all gear and vehicles" was used to describe Game2's realism.

Hopefully Weapons too:

-Each weapon has different sounds due to barrel length, barrel design, round size, and round velocity

-Each weapon has different accuracy due to barrel length, round size, and round velocity

-Each weapon deals different amounts of damage due to round size and velocity

-Customizable Weapons

-Scopes (Reflex, ACOG 4x, variety of sniper scopes, Red Dot)

-Silencers (Affects bullet velocity and accuracy due to increased barrel length)

And last but not least......

Ultra-Realistic Weapon Sounds (hopefully verified by actually testing out the weapon) smile_o.gif

All you need is a main assult rifle, say an L85A2, AG3, G36, M16, M4, AK-74M, FN FMAS. etc.

Assuslt Rifle with Grenade Launcher: M16 M203, L85A2 UGL, etc.

Sniper rifle: L96, SVD etc.

Support Rifle: L85A2 LSW, etc.

Squad LMG: M246, Minime etc.

Pltoon MG: GMPG etc.

Pistol: Browning HP, Sig P226, M9, etc.

Possible Special Service weapon: C8, MP5 (not sure how much Mp5 is used in regular spec ops) M4 Silenced, w/ Full auto, G36 Commando (?) etc.

Possibly a carbine for armoured crews.

AT weapons like the Javilin, LAW- 80, AT-4 etc.

Nothing fancy. Good serviceable weapons like the AG3, don't need a fancy weapon to kill someone.

Weapons like the L85 have the SUSAT scope which is usable in night fights.