Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

"You won't see anything amazing" huh.gif

Are you kidding me ? This is the most amazing I saw in ages !

Can't way to try it out myself !

BTW: can you load passagers into vehicle after it's been loaded with cargo ?

SOMEBODY likes anime a lot! lol

Amazing abilities. Logistics and resupply is now a viable profession in ArmA. Just a question, do you limit the objects in your script based on distance from player? Say, all objects in a trigger area that is SetPos'ed to the player or vehicle?

Awesome work! notworthy.gif

Great things are coming.. BIS has a fine wine on their hands. Methinks it will be hard to get people to put down ArmA and buy Game 2.

Great work guys, would be an excellent addition to CTI

omg omg that was some crazy music, but totally awesome scripts there! Btw does the crates and stuff take upp the soldiers cargo slots? Like can i load soldiers and cargo in the same truck? This system can really make sure that my troops wont run out of ammo in the battlefield for sure biggrin_o.gif

Also this could open up for other types of missions like transports and logisitics, would be nice if there could be anims for carrying the crates to the backside of the truck or something, but that is something for the future. wink_o.gif This script and fast roping is like the best scripts im waiting for right now! smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Stepping slightly on UNN’s Thunder (sorry mate) I promised another update last week on the Farles Cessna 182.

RKSL_Cessna182_5_thmb.jpg

Click For Bigger Image

RKSL_Cessna182_1_thmb.jpgRKSL_Cessna182_2_thmb.jpg

Click For Bigger Image                     Click For Bigger Image

RKSL_Cessna182_3_thmb.jpgRKSL_Cessna182_4_thmb.jpg

Click For Bigger Image                     Click For Bigger Image

As with most of our other stuff…the inevitable Video

HIGH Res Download @ RKSL Studios

LOW RES Version @ You Tube

All versions support both single player and multiplayer.

First off ...... <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>WOW</span>

Second, the bit I was waiting for the whole video was a flying cargo chopper .... whistle.gif

And to your text quoted above .... REALLY?!! .... in MP double WOW ...... but how?

I didn't see any setpos ever working in MP so I'm guess you have some sort of cargo proxy system worked out.

Stepping slightly on UNN’s Thunder (sorry mate) I promised another update last week on the Farles Cessna 182.

Thanks for the update! Really looking forward to this Cessna...

Ohh and the cargo system looks very nice indeed especially since you aim for MP compability!

/KC

Fantastic video once again, love the cockpit smile_o.gif .

Can you say how much has still to be done on the cessna?

Fantastic feature!

all we need now are the animations for it xmas_o.gif

yay.gif

ArmA is growing every minut... tic tac, tic tac..

edit: <s>Sorry, i have to ask this: Will it work in Multi Player?</s>

edit2: stupid question, already answered before, im happy now and waiting biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Fantastic video once again, love the cockpit  smile_o.gif .

Off the top of my head...Farles may be able to add more:

- Slight change in handling via geolod

- Calibrate the flight instruments properly

- Serial Numbers Scripts

- Lights and beacons

- Hit points

- Integrate the different skins

...I think thats all.  Farles has a new job and is busy in real life, VXR too, you've seen what UNN is up to with the cargo system and I'm just coming off a nasty work schedule too.  Things are moving slowly but they are moving!

again, hats down to you all notworthy.gif

take your time m8, i can wait thumbs-up.gif

Fantastic video once again, love the cockpit smile_o.gif .

Off the top of my head...Farles may be able to add more:

- Slight change in handling via geolod

- Calibrate the flight instruments properly

- Serial Numbers Scripts

- Lights and beacons

- Hit points

...I think thats all. Farles has a new job and is busy in real life, VXR too, you've seen what UNN is up to with the cargo system and I'm just coming off a nasty work schedule too. Things are moving slowly but they are moving!

Sometimes i wish people with your talent could work on our beloved addons 8 hours a day as a job but that´s of course only fantasy tounge2.gif

Far out man. Allways something amazing whenever theres updates here. Top stuff guys

...I think thats all.  Farles has a new job and is busy in real life, VXR too, you've seen what UNN is up to with the cargo system and I'm just coming off a nasty work schedule too.  Things are moving slowly but they are moving!

I will be away for a week on vacation, when I am back.. school starts and I hope to have alot more time to work on stuff biggrin_o.gif

There are 2 colors for the Cessna at the moment, one still has to be made but that wont take long.

BTW, what will the max view radius be for the overhead view? It could be abused if this system ever reaches MP.

I don't think I need to take it beyond what’s already shown? It's less than the default radius you get with the command view. I might add the option to zoom in, set a user defined restriction on it or even disable the overhead view, if that’s what the mission designer wants. Also The ability to scroll round the map will be limited to the loading radius for the selected vehicle.

BTW: can you load passagers into vehicle after it's been loaded with cargo ?

You can have a combination of infantry and cargo, any infantry occupying a designated cargo slot will be ejected when it's loaded. But when it comes to an addon that has not been designed with the Cargo system in mind, like the BIS vehicles. Then you might get some clipping with the passengers and the adjacent cargo, but not much. If you choose your cargo anims carefully when your making a config for a vehicle, then the problem can be avoided.

SOMEBODY likes anime a lot! lol

Amazing abilities. Logistics and resupply is now a viable profession in ArmA.  Just a question, do you limit the objects in your script based on distance from player?  Say, all objects in a trigger area that is SetPos'ed to the player or vehicle?

Lol..Yeah, it kind of turned out that way. It started off with a slightly more conventional band called Pizzicato Five and ended up their, after ever increasing extremes smile_o.gif

ATM there is a 50m loading radius between cargo and transport.

Also this could open up for other types of missions like transports and logisitics, would be nice if there could be anims for carrying the crates to the backside of the truck or something, but that is something for the future.   This script and fast roping is like the best scripts im waiting for right now!

I'm following that fast rope thread myself. There is still under slung loads and para drops to be added at some point. It would be nice to have something that resembles real world physics.

I could probably spend a lifetime just working on new cargo objects and functionality, but we have to draw the line somewhere. The Cargo system is just a small part of the overall system we want to implement. If it turns out to be useful, then we at RKSL, would be happy to collaborate with anyone who wants to expand it further.

Second, the bit I was waiting for the whole video was a flying cargo chopper ....  

And to your text quoted above .... REALLY?!! .... in MP double WOW ...... but how?

I didn't see any setpos ever working in MP so I'm guess you have some sort of cargo proxy system worked out.

I'm afraid it's bare essentials at the moment. But I still have plenty more music tounge2.gif So if I can get my hands on something big enough to fit some vehicles in, I will try and oblige.

It's all proxy based, so it helps reduce the number of scripts running in the background and network traffic.

No worries, keep em coming thumbs-up.gif

I'm just coming off a nasty work schedule too. Things are moving slowly but they are moving!

Yeah, so how did the trainrides go? wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

The Cesna looks awesome aswell. Sooo many great addons by just 1 team!

and @UNN

So would it be possible add stuff to a (example) sea container, and then also put the whole container onto the back of a truck? crazy_o.gifwow_o.gif

How far could you go with that? Would it be possible to load objects onto other objects and then also load that object onto another?

Stuff > Pallet > Container > Truck/Ship

smile_o.gif

Edit

FINALLY Ive found a decent version of 3DSmax... Goes off to build a sea container! rofl.gif

So would it be possible add stuff to a (example) sea container, and then also put the whole container onto the back of a truck? crazy_o.gif  wow_o.gif

How far could you go with that? Would it be possible to load objects onto other objects and then also load that object onto another?

Stuff  > Pallet > Container > Truck/Ship

Yeah, we plan on adding support for generic crates and containers. It helps reduce the number of proxies and also helps with small or awkward cargo.

We can have loaded vehicles as cargo, but for now, they probably won't show their cargo. So if you load a truck full of ammo crates into the back of a Hercules, you won't see the crates on the loaded truck until you unload the truck again. If someone came up with an addon that warranted it, then I could add it as a special feature for that addon.

Because for the sake of realisme some people might want to play supply convoy. They could load up what they need at base in their supply hangar. And set out.

But also for coop missions you could use the containers first as cargo and or use special modded containers like bunker sleeping units, or command and control units. So many options are now open, that is great work!

Thanks! yay.gif

Is that some Scaled Composites stuff you've got going on (the pusher-prop white thingy)? How about a... ummmm... Boomerang? Dual engines but asymmetric layout, but no handling problems with one engine.

And idea, maybe?

Because for the sake of realisme some people might want to play supply convoy. They could load up what they need at base in their supply hangar. And set out.

But also for coop missions you could use the containers first as cargo and or use special modded containers like bunker sleeping units, or command and control units. So many options are now open, that is great work!

There is an element of eye candy for the mind, to it. You don't really need to have visible cargo. But there is some tactical advantage to it as well. At least in some cases, you can see what vehicles are carrying and act accordingly.

Not sure how realistic it is? But something like this:

rkslcargosys01.jpg

Would be really handy for me, when it comes to scouting in a CTI. Seen as I prefer to play as a Squad Leader.

BTW If there are any other default Arma objects you would like to see as cargo. Let us know.