Guest RKSL-Rock

RKSL Studios

Guest RKSL-Rock
FLIR and INS are in system too?

You are making different or special type of Tornado eg:

Reconnaissance?

ADV?

IDS?

"FLIR" will be incorporated to a limited degree. There will be a camera and if equipped, a laser Designator.

"INS" - Not being funny but how do you suggest we make an Inertial navigation System? Its kinda pointless with ArmA's waypoint and Mini GPS system.

As for versions, we'll make the GR4 (Advanced IDS) and F3 (ADV) versions. The RAF uses the GR4 for pretty much everything. There arent really any dedicated recon airframes left in the RAF inventory that would be in service by 2012-17. Unlike the Germans the UK does not operate the Tornado ECR .

If we can invent a system to make "recon" practical within the limits of the game engine we might add support for Raptor Pods etc but right now Recon isnt a priority.

Nice.

All you gotta do now is make it break every 5 mins and it'll be super realistic biggrin_o.gif

whistle.gif

You mean our shite rail-network actually contributed to something other than absolute pain and torment? I normally have to hit the drinks cart for the over-priced piss in a half-litre can when there's a long delay.

As always mate, it's a pleasure to see what you've been up to, especially when it's a particular favourite aircraft of mine. Not doing a GR4A since RAPTOR's not specific to the recce Tonkas?

I'm interested how the 'working' Litening III works in this instance. Is it like a proper little turret with a laserdesignator class weapon slaved to the WSO, or is it not as simple as that?

Guest RKSL-Rock
You mean our shite rail-network actually contributed to something other than absolute pain and torment? I normally have to hit the drinks cart for the over-priced piss in a half-litre can when there's a long delay.

Yup, we got stuck due to a flood ahead so we had to sit still for 3.5 hours while they cleared the line.  Quite a lot of my addons are made on train journeys, be grateful :P

Not doing a GR4A?

As far as I was aware there is no significant difference in the airframes (ie: removing the guns and adding a texture window etc) and from what I understood (ie that they are the older GR1A uprated) they would be the first to go due to fatigue life limits. So its not likely to be still in service during the time frame we’ve been making stuff for.

I'm interested how the 'working' Litening III works in this instance. Is it like a proper little turret with a laserdesignator class weapon slaved to the WSO, or is it not as simple as that?

Well it’s painfully simple in concept.  It’s just a turret with a laser designator weapon. I do plan on adding some scripted support in but I want to keep that quiet until I know it will work.

The plan for the Tornado was to make it a multiplayer aircraft. If you want to use the designator you need to have another human sat in the WSO seat.  Just having the LGB’s automatically lock onto the target never appealed to me.  The hope is that CoOp clans will use it as the real Tonka’s are used in real life.  The WSO can relay what he sees via the Litening Pod to his team mates on the ground and also designate for either his own plane or others.  There will be other features planned as I said but a lot of that is really just plans right now.

Well it’s painfully simple in concept. It’s just a turret with a laser designator weapon. I do plan on adding some scripted support in but I want to keep that quiet until I know it will work.

The plan for the Tornado was to make it a multiplayer aircraft. If you want to use the designator you need to have another human sat in the WSO seat. Just having the LGB’s automatically lock onto the target never appealed to me. The hope is that CoOp clans will use it as the real Tonka’s are used in real life. The WSO can relay what he sees via the Litening Pod to his team mates on the ground and also designate for either his own plane or others. There will be other features planned as I said but a lot of that is really just plans right now.

Sounds excellent mate: it's pretty much exactly how I hoped it would work even though I don't get around to playing MP as much as I'd like. thumbs-up.gif

Hi saw you are making a C-130 also has progress stopped or is this still in the pipeline. ?

Is there any new info on it. ?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Hi saw you are making a C-130 also has progress stopped or is this still in the pipeline. ?

Its still very much in the pipeline. I had a smallish setback last month when my PSU blew up. That disrupted my workflow, and 7 hard drives, i got distracted by new projects until i could recover the data from the damaged hard drives. But its still very much a live and active project. I'll post some more news including C-130 stuff in the next few weeks.

Its still very much in the pipeline. I had a smallish setback last month when my PSU blew up. That disrupted my workflow, and 7 hard drives, i got distracted by new projects until i could recover the data from the damaged hard drives. But its still very much a live and active project. I'll post some more news including C-130 stuff in the next few weeks.

Thanks for update.

Sorry to hear about your stuff gutting. sad_o.gif

Wow, Tornado F3!

Remind's me of the days when I lived near RAF Leeming in Yorkshire......

Model looks great, keep up the good work guys.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

such a sweet video rockape, very well done smile_o.gif

I really hope you can finish some of the projects in the future.

What´s the status of the cessna btw?

The plan for the Tornado was to make it a multiplayer aircraft. If you want to use the designator you need to have another human sat in the WSO seat.

I like that plan. A lot.

Wow, Tornado F3!

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

It's a GR1 IDS not the F3 ADV.

Nice work as always RoS.

Talking about the ECR variant in Luftwaffe hands. The UK did trial the F3 as a SEAD variant back in early 2003.

Unfortunately no further funding has come forward to develop this beyond the 'working' protoype stage. However tests did prove very promising.

Had this been developed further the F3 could have found a new lease of life as a dedicated ALARM carrying SEAD variant for the RAF. The integrated RWR system was modified as part of the ELS suite to provide 360 degree coverage.

A real shame this was never pursued further as the current GR Squadrons are taxed enough without having SEAD training syllabus too.

As said great work RoS and hope you didn't get flooded!

Guest RKSL-Rock
Wow, Tornado F3!

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

I think you’ll find he’s talking about the fact we’re making an F3.  Not that he thought the model was an F3.  He’s been asking for one for over a year.

I really hope you can finish some of the projects in the future.

They will be finished. Every single one.

What´s the status of the cessna btw?

Farles is just tweaking it. But I’m going to put some more news up tomorrow that should show you a bit more.

Wow, Tornado F3!

It's not a GR1 either, it's a GR4. Says so at the start of the video (among other indications).

Damn, the cockpit looks fine! Reminds me that I have to update a cockpit on a certian plane of mine tounge2.gif.

One question, do you make the niddles and indicators in 3d too?

nice tornado! smile_o.gif you have to ride trains more often, i ride trains every day almost, but i dont have a laptop :P maybe that would be a key to better mission making for me biggrin_o.gif

Oh Rock, I forgot to ask you; Can you make them so that your addons support the squad.xml armpatches?

ap1.jpg

ap2.jpg

Guest RKSL-Rock
One question, do you make the niddles and indicators in 3d too?

The dials are all modelled but i tend to use a simple 2 poly plane for the needles.

Oh Rock, I forgot to ask you; Can you make them so that your addons support the squad.xml armpatches?

Dont worry it will be sorted.

Wow, Tornado F3!

It's not a GR1 either, it's a GR4. Says so at the start of the video (among other indications).

Then I stand corrected as didn't watch the video. My error as I was referring to an earlier post discussion.

Rock is that a 'Cat' I see in your signature perchance Sir?

If it is then I have a few pics of my time flying in them if you need some internal shots etc?

Guest RKSL-Rock
Rock is that a 'Cat' I see in your signature perchance Sir?

If it is then I have a few pics of my time flying in them if you need some internal shots etc?

It surely is.  I had hoped to release in time for the planned retirement later this year but the RAF went and retired them early without warning me  sad_o.gif

Any shots and insights would be greatly appreciated.  Anything you think might add to the realism is welcome.  Just PM me.

Changing Topic:  The Cessna - I had planned on uploading a nice new video and some screenies today but the good weather, copious amounts of alcohol and my little brother visiting have stopped me dead in my tracks today.  My head is banging so im not going to spend much time near the PC today.

On the upside, im away for a few days with work now but that means atleast 7 hours of train journeys.  More modelling time  rofl.gif

Is it a particular Cessna model? Have you based it on the OFP model made by BIS or have you based it on another source and made it from scratch?

I'm looking forward to a civ plane, it's what ArmA lacks and the Cessna was really fun in OFP wink_o.gif

Keep up the good work, you guys seem to have a lot of projects going on at once (I've forgotten most of them already lol!wink_o.gif so must be pretty demanding for you.

Thanks guys notworthy.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Is it a particular Cessna model? Have you based it on the OFP model made by BIS or have you based it on another source and made it from scratch?

Its a Cessna 182 and its a totallynew model with new textures. We dont import models from other sources. Every we make is 100% ours.