Sign in to follow this  
Peanut

Peanut Addon Projects

Hi!

I thought it might be time to open a topic about my addons.

I planned to do this earlier but my internet connection was "slow" (don't know how to describe it without getting banned wink_o.gif )

Project #1

Private Military Contractors

<span style='color:red'>Update 15.01.2007</span>

pntpmc5ps1.jpg

pntpmc6ds8.jpg

Two units got changed. Only a small update, but hey it's christmas xmas_o.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4

The company they're working for is called Piper Protections and their main task at the moment is guarding the oil fields in South Sahrani

Status: Update 15.01.2007: halted for atleast 2 weeks due to real life stuff

Project #2

German SpezialEinsatzKommando (SEK)

pntsek1hz2.jpg

pntsek3gd5.jpg

pntsek4jn0.jpg

Pic4

This project was started as a small side project while working on the PMCs, but it grew from then on.

With no tools released this is as close to a SEK-team as I can get it smile_o.gif

There are two units in plain clothes with vests. This is a style you often see when a SEK team rapidly has to get to an incident and has no time to get into all of their gear.

Then there is one unit in a black overall. This is the stuff they wear when they have enough time.

And finally there is one "sniper". This unit is a member of a PräzisionsSchützenKommando (PSK). This unit often supports the SEK

Status: Update 15.01.2007: halted for atleast 2 weeks due to real life stuff

I plan to release the units this year, but don't crucify me if I don't make it.

"Beta"-versions of the units will be handed out to selected people pretty soon (I already have a couple of people in mind smile_o.gif )

Happy holidays

Peanut xmas_o.gif

Edit: Also note that I'm not the Mr. Peanut from the Ofpec or lol forums, I got some pms in the past asking for that.

looks soon like CS biggrin_o.gif

Counter Terrorists and Police biggrin_o.gif

But looks nice, thumbs up wink_o.gif

Sentry

You know what i think about these guys. I just need to get my pc to be able to play ArmA and then buy it so i can enjoy these once done...

@Clavicula_nox4817 i dont think they are civ's

You know what i think about these guys. I just need to get my pc to be able to play ArmA and then buy it so i can enjoy these once done...

I think he means how did he made that civilans got vests (armor vests)

Sentry

Sentry

Again, they arent civs.

They are the pilot/soldier models re-textured with civilian (as against military) clothing.

Nice work with what we've got. Not a fan of the "pilots" tho, but thats just me tounge2.gif

Again, they arent civs.

They are the pilot/soldier models re-textured with civilian (as against military) clothing.

Nice work with what we've got. Not a fan of the "pilots" tho, but thats just me tounge2.gif

Yeah, it's the pilot model retextured in civilian clothing, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I just use it cause the helmet model is the closest to the one used by the SEK smile_o.gif

It started off as a pet-project but it grew pretty fast. There are still some little things to do but those often cost a lot of time :/

Sentry

Again, they arent civs.

Well, I was talking about the contractor models. I guess I don't know how you made it so the sleeves would be short, oh well, I'll figure it out eventually.

Well, I was talking about the contractor models. I guess I don't know how you made it so the sleeves would be short, oh well, I'll figure it out eventually.

One of the South Sharani troops (think its one of the royal guards) has short sleeves, tis a retex of them.

The short sleeved dudes are RACS or res models.

The one with boonie head is the res sniper model, the one with only a vest is the res_captive model

Hope that helped smile_o.gif

Okay, thanks. I usually don't play around with RACS very often. Well, let me ask this then, does anyone know how to mix and match what models use what textures through a hex editor, or is it something that will have to wait for the tools?

Okay, thanks. I usually don't play around with RACS very often. Well, let me ask this then, does anyone know how to mix and match what models use what textures through a hex editor, or is it something that will have to wait for the tools?

The basic texture layout is the same for all units. (pants, shirt, boots and vest)

Hats, hands and equipment is the same for RACS and US. It's one texture file for the hat and the hands as well the drop leg holster and then there is another texture file for their Camelback and the other stuff.

The East/SLA layout is different. All their equipment including hats and bags/equipment is in one texture-file

So it's fairly easy to swap US and Res equipment textures. The problem lies in the file names. When Hex-Editing the .p3d you are not allowed to add or take letters otherwise the file will be corrupted. Res has 3 letters and us (which are used as a prefix to the files) has two it wouldn't work. You have to rename files (even easier to swap textures then) or make the addon standalone.

Edit: If that didn't answer you question, blame the beer I drank biggrin_o.gif

Well, I know the basics and I figured that in the editor you could just change us_soldieracu_co to us_sold1eracu_co if you wanted. Actually, I wasn't really clear about what I was asking. In the hex editor, it doesn't exactly define what each path is for, like..is it targeting X texture for the arm or the leg or what. See what I mean? It's not such a big deal for the equipment because the molle_acu or whatever is only used 1 or 2 times in most of the models I'v looked through.

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

oh that looks nice. time for some intelligence missions. SSIS (south saharani intelligence service) or something like that should be set up

Topic has been updated.

See first post for new pictures.

smile_o.gif

To answer a question I saw in the "general" PMC topic.

It's possible to do the LBV without the body armor. You put a normal shirt texture over it, but it will won't look good in game

You try to give our organization some free advertising or why you call our name so many times?

You try to give our organization some free advertising or why you call our name so many times?

PMC= Private Military Contractor or Private Military Company

It's not my fault that this leads to misunderstandings.

pipprolb2bi9.jpg

pipprolb3hq7.jpg

pipprolb1np5.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

Corazol, South Sarahni A helicopter of unknown origin drops off personnel on a building in Corazol. The city, divided by the border between North and South Sahrani, suffers from an increasing number of insurgent attacks. SPA Photos/Jeffrey Haines

Only a small update smile_o.gif

PNT OPFOR Units

pntopfornx3.jpg

pntopfor2io9.jpg

I thought I put some more work on my shoulders and try myself on an OPFOR pack.

Although I have to work on the pants because they are supposed to be "repro" DDR Strichtarn. The shirt is olive. I kinda like the look of the whole unit.

The whole thing took me way too long by the way. I worked on it for ~3 hours. I screwed the hex-editing. I wanted to start off with three models. Waste of time.I had to hexedit them again-Test again-Crash again-delete the models-start again-screw up the.p3d again because my hex-editor took parts of the code away where I didn't even come near-fix it up and it finally worked.

EDIT: Added another pic smile_o.gif

inlove.gif

Great work Peanut, I like what you did with the chopper.

And I definatly like your "OPFOR" units notworthy.gif

Keep teasing us with some screens now and than, but maybe zoom in a bit more on the lady part next time yay.gif

but maybe zoom in a bit more on the lady part next time yay.gif

Like this? biggrin_o.gif

pipprolbpinbu5.jpg

The pilot seems to like it as well wink_o.gif

Credits for the Pin Up go to George Petty though. I simply found it online. I never would be able to do something pretty like that

News

I finally got my tag registered at Ofpec. This is a huge step forward because I didn't want to release an addon without propper tags. My tag is PNT thumbs-up.gif

The PMC's look good, but IMO they look a bit like rednecks or similar with those shirts and hats wink_o.gif