Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

Netcode and warping

I may of missed this subject somewhere and if i have please direct me to it, but for me the multiplayer as it stands is far from good. I am not certain what specs these dedicated servers are running this game on, but been an old Ofp player i'll soon find out.

Can i say i have not played a single game yet where there is no warping of players due to lagg. This surprises me, since Ofp seems to handle it better then Armed assault does so far and Ofp wasnt really geared to be a multiplayer game like Armed assault was.

Is the game always going to lagg like this, if so why not just make smaller Islands. I mean why the huge maps, in Ofp i don't remember anyone making a CTF, or coop that covered such a large map, even on Ofp maps. Yes there were the CTI'S, but omg how they lagged bad. I don't think anyone ever finished them due to lagg did they.

Plain and simple, you've been playing on bad hosts which play on some crappy cable or slow adsl connections. Netcode is very good. They are not dedicated servers even, it's just some guys hosting while playing which causes additional strain on CPU.

There are many 30+ player servers on full game with no lag at the moment.

Just got done hosting a 16 man capture the flag on my home line demo version and no one was complaining about lag. I really couldnt play with low frames, but the others seemed to be playing well. With a 15mbit line i was wondering how 16 would play, tomorrow Im gonna try a CTI with more and see how that goes.

I've noticed lots of warping and such in the ArmA demo (but not the full version, what little MP of it I've played). I think it's mostly the tin-cans-and-string computers owned by the players in Czech and Germany.

Plain and simple, you've been playing on bad hosts which play on some crappy cable or slow adsl connections. Netcode is very good. They are not dedicated servers even, it's just some guys hosting while playing which causes additional strain on CPU.

There are many 30+ player servers on full game with no lag at the moment.

No, i have been playing on dedicated servers not some crappy cable adsl connection. I have a 4 meg connection and don't get this warping in other games i play. Can you give me the ip or the name of the server you connect to without lagg.

There are no Dedicated servers in the demo yet.. its yet to be released as an exe file...

Ive heard that its out later today.. fingers crossed...

There are no Dedicated servers in the demo yet.. its yet to be released as an exe file...

Ive heard that its out later today.. fingers crossed...

I have the full and there are dedicated servers.

I think it's mostly the tin-cans-and-string computers owned by the players in Czech and Germany.

Hahaha, yes, it's not easy over here in europe after the world war with food rations and black markets and tin-cans-and-string computers and communism etc.

No, i have been playing on dedicated servers not some crappy cable adsl connection. I have a 4 meg connection and don't get this warping in other games i play. Can you give me the ip or the name of the server you connect to without lagg.

Question is, do other players lag or the server? Server can't be blamed for all the cases. Netcode is improved over OFP at least somewhat and OFP has loads of servers that are not laggy. So a good server should not lag with 20-30 players unless the players themselves are laggy.

One way to test lag is to enter empty vehicle which has not other players in it. If it takes some time to get in you are experiencing lag on the server side.

Servers on top of this list are the ones I have not experienced serious lag with:

http://stats.swec.se:3001/server/list

yeah ive only had warping when sniping from very long distances...

I think it's some kind of bug not related to net lag, Ive seen such long-distance warping in single player too.

Are we talking about this kind of warping?

rubberneck.jpg

That happened to me recently, and I just want to make sure whether it was bad drugs or bad net-connection that caused this...

ArmA does seem to work better in MP than OFP did. I get an average of about 350-400ms on most servers and in ArmA I don't get any lag or warping at all. I did notice that a tank suddenly shift ed to a side once but even if I was shooting at it I would still hit it.

So yeah, it doesn't affect me. It was a different story with OFP, however, and I had terrible lag there.

link removed

That happened to me recently, and I just want to make sure whether it was bad drugs or bad net-connection that caused this...

LOL very bad genetics i'd say..lmao

Well i have heard the saying sticking your Neck out for somthing, but thats taken it to far.

HI!

I got lag on every Server!

My player is not laggy, but all the other player on all servers. And i have tried all servers. In my Laggy Netcode thread i have a video link with the warping players..I ve heard that not all people experience such net-lagg. AND i want to know why ??

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=56145

Here my Lagg Video:

http://luizid-space.de/ArmaLagg.avi

If you're referring to the 'blinking' from one place to another that also ocurrs in SP at a distance, I think that is the engine scaling resources. If you zoom in and the problem dissappears, that's it. If you have blinking out, and blinking in at another location close up, that's a bad server for you. Cannot speak for the demo (need to get home and try it), but that's what happens on the full version. A server that works well for you depends widely on your connection and routing. I have 6mb connection, but servers that are very well used and enjoyed in Czech-land and are very bad for me, but I connect to a few in Germany that are ok. (I'm in U.S.) There are a few in the U.S. that are bad as well. Hope that is some consolation.

HI!

My player is not laggy, but all the other player on all servers. And i have tried all servers. In my Laggy Netcode thread i have a video link with the warping players..I ve heard that not all people experience such net-lagg. AND i want to know why ??

Mate i played your video and share your pain thats why i posted. This is the warping i get, everything that moves is warping (close up or far away) and no its not my PC. I just wish players who have this will work somthing out, instead of people comming on the thread and just saying i don't warp. Thats really not helpful to use.

HI!

Mate i played your video and share your pain thats why i posted. This is the warping i get, everything that moves is warping (close up or far away) and no its not my PC. I just wish players who have this will work somthing out, instead of people comming on the thread and just saying i don't warp. Thats really not helpful to use.

Yes, i hope that it will be fixed one day..I like this game very much, but this warping is.. pistols.gif

I´ve done all to solve this problem:

Make threads in german/official german/BIS Forum

Completly New-Installed WINDOWS XP with all MB/Dirvers..Network Drivers ect.

Completly re-installed ARMA with patch 1.02

Try my 2.PC--No help

Can you tell if you use a router..Perhaps its router related, although all other games are running without warping.

I use a FritzFoin Box 5012 (AVM) with newest FW and PORTS 2302/2303 TPC/UDP open.

Are you using Netlimiter ? or any software that modify your network flow (software firewall or booster).

Those cause major problem with games.