Sign in to follow this  
Totala

Best 3rd party mission you played so far...

Howdy - Once you are done with both official campains, you

still want more out of OFP and then you switch to 3rd party

missions or mission packs ... smile.gif

So, I'd like to have an idea of what was the best mission of

this kind you tried for both Single and multiplayer...if you could

also specify where you get it from  biggrin.gif  

So far for me, it is :

- AFGANISTAN II.

This one is both single and multiplayer, very well scripted,

very rich in terms of weapons available and enemies  wink.gif

Sorry, I can't remember where I got it from  confused.gif

the best I have played isn't strictly a mission...it's just a cutscene based on a Monty Python Sketch. It's called 'How Not To Be Seen'

It's available from www.3dactionplanet.com/flashpoint

I also have a mission of my own there called 'AT Team'. Feel free to take a look at it biggrin.gif

I don't use 3rd party stuff, b'cause they are as buggy as hell. Some of them are gr8 as at first i used them, but lotsa bugs...

apr-bug.gif

stop bugging me

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the best I have played isn't strictly a mission...it's just a cutscene based on a Monty Python Sketch. It's called 'How Not To Be Seen'

It's available from www.3dactionplanet.com/flashpoint

<span id='postcolor'>

Or from the mission creator's site, Pointless Productions. (This mission has been mentioned on The FAQ for ages).

Best 3rd party missions? Mine of course  biggrin.gif, naa best missions i've played are MP missions by OFP clan  LDD Kyllikki. Missions like Under Siege, Midsummer '85 and the Russian MP campaign are very good.

Mine would be Joint Ops, I think I got it from www.flashpointarena.com (R.I.P.). Great co-op mission with 2 squads, one NATO and one resistance.

P.S. Gorgi, if you haven't tried out any 3rd party missions you are missing out bigtime! Some of them are as good or even better than the official BIS missions (of course a lot are also shite, but heck, if you dont like a mission, just delete it!) wink.gif

P.P.S. I just took a look at "How Not to Be Seen", I laughed so hard I farted! (I'm a huge Python fan)

THANX a bunch everyone for the links and coments smile.gif

I will have a few extra missions to play this weekend biggrin.gif

Is there a ranking of 3rd party missions somewhere ?

Have a nice and "peacefull" weekend wink.gif

I always enjoyed Shadow's missions, don't have a url to hand but it'll be in his sig somewhere, I hear he's working on something very special, with some incredibly talented and handsome voice talent wink.gif

Blake has many great "CAMPAIGNS" that are great for COOP. others can be found at www.levels4you.com

1-18 C SOMALIA '93

-------------------

by Blake[Kyllikki]

(gblake@luukku.com)

Type: Co-op

Side: West

Max.Players: 18

Mission overview:

Island of Khatum, 50 miles off Somalian coast, has fallen

into chaos. Starvation and raging battles between rival warlords cause immense suffering to local population. Under UN mandate, US forces

have been tasked to restore peace and order to the island.

Download: http://www.netitsoft.com/blake/1-18_C_Somalia_93.sttabel_desert.zip

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Totala @ Mar. 21 2002,14:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Placebo> more details ??<span id='postcolor'>

Shadow's site smile.gif

Here is my 3party mission I ever played, infact this mission is so cool if you're into black op mission. I consider this even better than any of the official BIS mission.

I downloaded this at ED.CENTER (I think)

The mission:

SF task hard version (Special Forces SAS)

Author: Judder_man

Here is an extract from the authors read me file:

Overview:

You are the leader of an 8-man fighting patrol. Your task is simple; patrol through an enemy held island to your first objective and eliminate it (Spetz Natz training camp), then move on to the next objective and eliminate that as well (SCUD's). You must then get off the island and head North for the mainland to finish the mission (objective 3). A

chopper will be at a pick-up point at a certain time, if you make it good. If you don't make it, try the escape plan. The mission finishes either when you are dead or when you make it to the mainland.

Your only problem is that you have been bumped on route to your first objective (enemy contact). This is where you join the mission.

The mission has been created to be as realistic as possible. Hints - as always don't hang around after you have executed an attack or been bumped, the other enemy on the island won't stay in bed while you start world war III. Also patrol carefully since you are in the heart of enemy territory

and you don't want to be compromised again, until you are at your objectives. Use snap ambushes every once in a while, just in case you are being followed.

Move as quickly as you can to the objectives, the clock is ticking!

The mission is best played without the permanent use of NV.

Play it at night in a dark room. Turn up your sound & contrast and then increase you monitor brightness until what you see represents what you would see in the dark, once your eyes have adjusted to the night. Use NV occasionally to interrogate local areas.

The first time I completed version 2.0, it took me 2hrs 18mins and I knew the mission details, so expect 2hrs 45mins on average. The mission is difficult, but realistically so. Don't rush and use your head.

Judder_man

Al I can add is that this is really a good written mission. As the author says it is very realistic, and takes alot of time to beat! I played it in veteran mode, wich makes the navigation to the 3 objectives a huge challange!

This is a smash hit mission!

Thanx everyone smile.gif

I will try some of these including Shadow's one !

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 21 2002,20:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Totala @ Mar. 21 2002,14:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Placebo> more details ??<span id='postcolor'>

Shadow's site smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That url points to my site alright, but it's completely outdated confused.gif

Go here: http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/atwar....od_type desc

for all my missions smile.gif

oh and the talented actor Placebo refered to is a dude by the name Paul Statham.

Anyone guess who that might be? biggrin.gif hehe