Sign in to follow this  
Rebel Man

Iraqi Insurgent Pack

Thanks Guys, And Thanks ofpdeadeye for the Edit the news.

What?

Nice addons, need to test them out... isn't that Facestex2 btw?

Also, as a sidenote on the pics...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q319/Reblman/OFP/iraqi4.jpg

No such thing as an USMC soldier! mad_o.gif

If you are in U.S Military Service, as long as you are not a pilot of any type, you are called a "Soldier". Yes, the USMC is designatedly called "Marines" But, reguardless, they are all a type of "soldier". icon_rolleyes.gif

Good job, and congrads for actually having the intestinal fortitude to go through with your idea, regardless of everyone giving you hell.

hi guys, Spot new bug, and add new stuff on iraqi insurgent Pack V1.05, Coming Soon. wink_o.gif .

Guys, i don't see there any more replies on this topic huh.gifsad_o.gif

Should i keep work on it, or no huh.gif

Guys, i don't see there any more replies on this topic huh.gif

Should i keep work on it, or no huh.gif

Listen dude, if you make addons just to get posts on BIS forums you're seriously messed up.

I think your insurgent addon looks nice on screenshots, I have not tested ingame yet as I only leeched the 1.00 version and now waiting for 1.05 update. I have not done any Iraq missions but certainly by looking at your screenshots, if I'll do them I'll use your insurgents.

So wheter you should keep on working on the addon(s) is depending on posts on BIS forums... I'd say forget these forums and continue editing this nice addon.

I have done great mission/etc work and received ZERO feedback, still I continue doing stuff. You do not comprehend what kind of people these forums are full off. Real genuine work goes unnoticed and then some sheer junk gets dozens of dancing banana posts. Forget about these forums and enjoy editing, thats how its fun and enjoyable, not by how many fans you got here.

So, where's the update? biggrin_o.gif

Tested these yesterday, atleast a bit. The civilians seem nice, but atleast with my testing, when using custom face texture (self-made), the result was blurred, no details showing. Didn't have DMA_facestex loaded though, could have had something to do with that. Had the same problem with SgtEv's SWATs though, and solved it some time, so will have to test it more.

Also, no posts during Christmas shouldn't be that unusual. People are on holiday, spending time with their family and relatives, or just relaxing and resting. So no need to worry.

hell yes you should keep working on this! there are very few insurgent packs which i find really odd because that is the main war the U.S. is fighting now. I like this pack alot, high quality weapons, high quality models, they really capture the look of the insurgents better than the other packs. but i have noticed one big bug that is keeping me from really using this pack. the face textures on the insurgents are severley messed up, like out of alignment. like the nose and face will be on his forehead and the hair will be where his mouth is supposed to be. i am using the latest version of facetex, and i tried finding something newer but no luck. rebl man do you think you could provide links to all the necessary addons for this pack? i had to do some digging and im sure i wasnt the only one and can someone tell me how to take a screenshot in ofp so i can show you the bug? thanks

Definately keep working on it, it looks good. I also like your weapons pack choise. IMO the Orcs Russian weapons are the best around. Anyway here is a suggestion: How about making "Al-Qaeda in Iraq" terrorists. They will have newer vests and newer weapons. So they will serve as a kind of insurgent SF.

(NO I DON'T LIKE AL-QAEDA, I JUST WANT TO KILL THEM IN OFP)

* charliegrs:

Thanks,Yes i know, and there are many bugs on my addon, i tray to fix it.

you can take a screenshot by press "Print ScreensysRq" and go to print and click Paste, or use Fraps.

------------------

* Ase290406:

Thanks, this suggestion i make it on other Virsion (not v1.05).

is anyone else having that problem i described? im not sure if its the addon or if im doing something wrong. but i am a longtime veteran of ofp so i dont think its me but it could be

oh and it would be awesome to have some mahdi army to blow to pieces as well. i think it would probly be pretty easy as the mahdi army just dresses in black

charliegrs, you have many idea's. That's iraqi sunny's insurgents,and the mahdi army and the El Qaeda, i work on it later. wink_o.gif

Mahdi army Sheaa,and Iraqi Insurgents and El Qaeda sunny's  mad_o.gif

(Is the mahdi army hate El Qaeda ?).

well i think your right i think the mahdi army doesnt like al quaeda one is shia the other is sunni but i know one thing they both hate the US so they would make good cannon fodder

The pics look real good, But I've tried installing the addons 3 times now and I get this message.

No entry config.bin/Cfgweapons.ICP_makarov

Is anyone else getting this? or has anyone else gotten them working?

Yes I do, maybe I need to download that one again if thats the file thats causing the error I described. I've got all the downloads including the new that you posted.

Works fine for me. The "blurry face" thingy is gone now, too. Dunno if it was just the game or them not having the DMA facestex "under" the new texture.

Charliegrs, sounds like the game doesn't detect the DMA_facestex1 .pbo, or your missing it (don't have it or not loaded). Another reason might be that the game is trying to apply a face that doesn't exist, thus reverting back to the default BIS face. No error message or anything?

Oh, and Rebl Man... I've got no textures for the insurgent vests/webbing. Known bug or am I possibly missing something?

emcnally Thanks.

BlackScorpion can you just give me a picture for the bug. ??

Well I redownloaded it all

insurgents 13MB

ICPRPG

ICPVDV

facetexture 1

theres got to be something I'm missing... I'm still getting that same error with the makarov... How frustrating