Sign in to follow this  
l etranger

Demo dedicated

Hello I m trying to setup a dedicated server for the demo but it seem to be a no go.

what i did :

ArmADemo.exe -server -host -config=server.cfg -port=2302

With a workign server.cfg (stole from our Full version dedicated server).

The server accept connection, i can login as admin, or vote as player, but once i pick up a mission, nothing happen.

It look like the server can't load the missions at all. (look like the server can't read mission from the bank.)

anyone tried?

I tryed the -init=playmission["","M03CapturetheIsland"] but no luck too, seem it can't read mission in console mode.

How to set default missions in DEMO Dedi?

class Missions

{

class Mission01

{

template = huh.gif?huh.gif?;

cadetMode = 1;

};

};

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Missions

{

class Mission01

{

template = MPMissions\01Cooperative.SaraLite;

cadetMode = 1;

};

class Mission02

{

template = MPMissions\02CaptureTheFlag.SaraLite;

cadetMode = 1;

};

class Mission03

{

template = MPMissions\03ConquerTheIsland.SaraLite;

cadetMode = 1;

};

};

Im not sure if this code works or not but it should look something like that. The missions are in the addons folder, inside the MPMissions.pbo file. I read somewhere that the demo exe has a problem running in dedicated server mode. You will need to wait untill tomorrow for the dedicated server fix.

you can't use the -server command with the demo.exe

they will release a server.exe for it tomorrow

Read This

About ArmA Demo dedicated server hosts:

it's currently not possible to play using it nor using the -server commandline argument (and readme is incorrect in this part for the 1.03 demo exe).

We're going to adress this soon (by releasing a new exe needed for that), hopefully tomorow.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Missions

{

class Mission01

{

template = MPMissions\01Cooperative.SaraLite;

cadetMode = 1;

};

class Mission02

{

template = MPMissions\02CaptureTheFlag.SaraLite;

cadetMode = 1;

};

class Mission03

{

template = MPMissions\03ConquerTheIsland.SaraLite;

cadetMode = 1;

};

};

Im not sure if this code works or not but it should look something like that. The missions are in the addons folder, inside the MPMissions.pbo file. I read somewhere that the demo exe has a problem running in dedicated server mode. You will need to wait untill tomorrow for the dedicated server fix.

thanks, but not working

Thats because you can not run a dedicated server right now. Read the thread Aussie Dave linked to.

Yeah I tried as well, just have to wait. That, or I could just go and play full version ArmA :/

i am already runing DEMO with -server, but map is problem, just map,

Working demo and server.cfg is very fine

i am already runing DEMO with -server, but map is problem, just map,

Working demo and server.cfg is very fine

Same here... Not sure how to get the map/mode to run...

We want to run a 60 Player Capture the Island server but it is very unclear on how to do that...

Dont worry, expect a dedicated server exe later today... if not... tomorrow.

Should solve a lot of lag and MP crashes, as systems are struggling to run ArmA alone let alone with other players connecting to a system as a server...

I hope i get about 999999999 thousand pounds for xmas as im gonna need a supercomputer to run this game just for >20 FPS lol

nah 1500 will do it nice

i spent a bit less than that and i get 60+FPS everywhere with everything cranked

Yeah but i aint willing to spend so much money because one game is poorly optimized.

its not poorly optimised, just 99% of peoples systems suck ass

"this game wont run on my radeon AIW 7200 with a whole 64Mb of graphics ram, what a shit program"

nah, shit gfx card is the trouble there

i'm getting real bored of reading posts in this style, yes the game has some bugs, but your hardware barely scraping minimum spec aint a problem with the game

I disagree,

I have a Radeon 9550 256mb, although it is a couple of generations old im dissapointed about getting less than 10 FPS on minimal settings at 800x600 resolution.

This compares to Americas army/Battlefield 2 on 1152x860 resolution with graphics on MAXIMUM and getting 60-80 FPS.

Operation Flashpoint: CWC never had this much of a problem in terms of hardware requirements, and although this game has very very good graphics less than 10 FPS for the majority of gamers is simply not good enough to be honest...

And not all of us can afford top of the range gaming rigs.

right a 9550

taken direct from AMD/ATI website

Quote[/b] ]4 parallel pixel pipelines

2 programmable vertex shader pipelines

128-bit dual-channel DDR memory interface

so u expect a card with 4 pixel shaders and 2 vertex shaders to cope with a game like this?huh.gif

wake up and smell the coffee

Quote[/b] ]I have a Radeon 9550 256mb, although it is a couple of generations old im dissapointed about getting less than 10 FPS on minimal settings at 800x600 resolution.

This compares to Americas army/Battlefield 2 on 1152x860 resolution with graphics on MAXIMUM and getting 60-80 FPS.

Well, that sounds like a big fat lie, no way 9550 Radeon will run BF2 on max setting 80FPS!

It varies, ive got it up towards 80 FPS, usually lower i'd admit, ive also overclocked my GPU... But i have got up to 80 depending on location.

Any update on the Demo dedicated server exe? I read somewhere that it was due yesterday.. delayed till after xmas now ?

Cheers

right a 9550

taken direct from AMD/ATI website

Quote[/b] ]4 parallel pixel pipelines

2 programmable vertex shader pipelines

128-bit dual-channel DDR memory interface

so u expect a card with 4 pixel shaders and 2 vertex shaders to cope with a game like this?huh.gif

wake up and smell the coffee

My 9550 128 runs arma at 20 fps at 800x600 res. {Sadly my nvidia 5200 fx with 256 mb ram only gets 5 fps.}

My pc is a 1.5ghz dual zeon. I wonder if that helps.

Jeff

Yeah i got the 9550 with 256 mb and ive overclocked it to get up to 30 FPS, the game is now playable and enjoyable (excluding the lag and areas of heavy foilage) though i have to put the game on minimum GFX sad_o.gif which is dissapointing as the game has such brilliant GFX, im upgrading in the new year..

its not poorly optimised, just 99% of peoples systems suck ass

"this game wont run on my radeon AIW 7200 with a whole 64Mb of graphics ram, what a shit program"

nah, shit gfx card is the trouble there

i'm getting real bored of reading posts in this style, yes the game has some bugs, but your hardware barely scraping minimum spec aint a problem with the game

I REALLY disagree. The game is poorly optimised, or at least the demo is.

I have a ASUS A8N-SLI Mobo

Two SLi Linked nVidia 7600 GT's

2GB's of RAM

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor 3800+

The game gets rediculously laggy when you're playing anything but the COOP mission. The main reason for this is that NPC's spawn when you get near to their bases, and they don't stop spawning or despawn when you get far away. If I could run a dedicated server on one processor and the client on the other, things would be fine, but so far, the dedi exe doesn't work with the demo and the -server switch doesn't either.

The demo has really been a disappointment to me. There are tons of bugs, though the game is the most realistic thing I've ever seen, some things are fucking rediculous, and the lag gets so bad when I host, after 10 minutes I can't even play.

So have they gotten up and fixed the demo vs dedicated server issue yet?

I haven't seen anything written

Nope, but its understandable as it is Xmas, but in all fairness it should have been released with the demo itself...

Can any of the Mods or Devs at least let us know when they think a fix/patch might be out.

Many thanks

Wedge