Sign in to follow this  
icehollow

Training area?

hey guys , just wondering if any of you knew how i could make a training area (ex. placing objects or otherwise). thought it might come in handy for clans (such as the one i'm in) . any ideas? i was looking at creating : a basic marksmanship range , pistol range , fire and movement area and a small MOUT/urban course.

any help would be appreaciated notworthy.gif

Try Dj-63 on Sahrani.

Targets for the shooting range:

Side: Empty

Class: Objects

Unit: Pop up target E

Place rows of pop up targets on various ranges for standart shooting drills. Close = pistol, medium = rifle, long = MG, +long = sniping. You can also place random pop up targets in one range, for more dynamic drills.

For MOUT use the Rahmadi island. It's got a small town for basic MOUT training. You can place targets in the town and use various types of fences to direct people through your course.

I also recommend you save a night time version of your maps, for NVG training or even without NVGs, but combining shooting drills in pitch black darkness, with m/203 flares as only lightscource.

I hope it's a start.

rangexg0.jpg

holy shit that was fast! i was expecting at least a day or two wait for a reply , thanks dallas!

In the BIS mission the pop up targets perform a "routine" and I would like to script such a routine (and have an addAction station to set it off with in a control booth).

Automated scoring is just icing on the cake.

Mostly it would be having each pop up target object be in the down animation state and then popping up and dropping on either hit or time out.

So, any ideas about how to control the popup target with for example RADIO?

Check this:

put this into "On activation" field:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">TargetName animate["terc",0]

This one will lift the target (replace TargetName with name of your target)

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">TargetName animate["terc",1]

And this one will bring it down and keep it there (replace TargetName with name of your target)

xmas_o.gif

Well I made a pop up script for my clan but there is one problem with it once you shoot the target it go's back to the normal pop up ting if you want i can post it.

I made it for the shooting range of BIS, its controled with radiocommands.

You can select the range you want to start/stop and the time between targets.

BIS target pop up automatically don't they? and yeah that script will be cool the unknown. smile_o.gif

BIS target pop up automatically don't they? and yeah that script will be cool the unknown. smile_o.gif

Yes, you're right.

I've actualy stolen this from that script biggrin_o.gif

The problem with the Pop up target is that theres a huge geo LOD which remain even if the target was shot down thats bad when there are some targets in arow, better use the normal Target E

Here is a rar file with the scripts you need to make radio triggers that set the Vars to True.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Var's:

RadioAlpha

RadioBravo

RadioCharlie

RadioDelta

RadioEcho

RadioFoxtrot

RadioGolf

RadioHotel

RadioIndia

RadioJuliet

RAR File

Thanks to the -{GOL}-Clan for hosting the file.

If someone finds a way to fix the bug with the target stopping from poping up randomly please post the fix.

The Unknown

P.S. I havent MP tested it yet but the radio tings works for sure

P.P.S.

Can you tell us where the normal E Target is located cause I couldnt find it only the automatic one.