Sign in to follow this  
nigelbland

Demo today....WOOT

Hi, I've downloaded and innstalled ArmAdemo103, all looks well, and I think there was no error in the install.

But when I try to activate the ArmA exe file or use it's shortcuts, this message popps up:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"The Program cannot be started because the file "d3dx9_30.dll" cannot be found. The problem kan be solved by reinstalling the program."

I've reinstalled it three times.....and its still won't work! confused_o.gif

Plz help me sovling this problem.

Thank You

Stuntman

Quote[/b] ]"d3dx9_30.dll"

No expert, but i hope your have DirectX9.0c (i would even suggest the december update) installed.

Simple way to check is, go to START, and select 'RUN'. Type in 'dxdiag'. Check what version you have (end of the system page).

Hope that helped.

Downloaded this today and was surprised it ran at ok fps on my pc.

Had a wee go at flying the mi17 and I dont see what all the fuss is about, I only crashed because I tried to do a loop at about 20ft.

I found it easy enough to fly, just takes abit of getting used to I suppose from the ofp flight model.

Quote[/b] ]I dont see what all the fuss is about

wink_o.gif The 'fuss' started at the official release (1.00) and faided out after every patch so far(1.02). Demo is 1.03 by the way smile_o.gif . Hope i made sense...

Hi, I've downloaded and innstalled ArmAdemo103, all looks well, and I think there was no error in the install.

But when I try to activate the ArmA exe file or use it's shortcuts, this message popps up:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"The Program cannot be started because the file "d3dx9_30.dll" cannot be found. The problem kan be solved by reinstalling the program."

I've reinstalled it three times.....and its still won't work! confused_o.gif

Plz help me sovling this problem.

Thank You

Stuntman

I ran into the same problem you did. Found this information that fixes the problem. I had to use the second solution because the Microsft website could not verify my Windows XP.

* This application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

This usually means that the April 2006 (or newer) update for DirectX 9.0 has not been installed. If your machine doesn't have the latest DirectX9.0c runtimes, please go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=56513&clcid=0x409 and follow the instructions there.

If this fails to resolve the issue, the following solution should work for you:

If you use the Windows Update to update to DirectX 9.0C, you will be unable to play the Test Server at this time due to a missing file, d3dx9_30.dll, in the Windows Update patch series. This error manifests itself as a dialog that appears when you run testeqgame.exe (the game client) and tells the user the program could not be initialize due to being unable to find the critical file/component d3dx9_30.dll. The file itself is available as a part of the April 2006 DirectX 9.0C SDK redistributable distribution. To solve this situation, follow the following steps to reinstall DirectX 9.0C from the redistributable distribution:

1. Get the April 2006 DirectX 9.0C redistributable version (Caution: Download is about 52 MB) at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloa....Lang=en

2. Run directx_jun2006_redist.exe. Extract the files to an easily identifiable directory.

3. Go to the directory the files were extracted to in step 2. Run "DXSETUP.EXE" from that directory.

4. Accept the license agreement. Allow the installer to update the DirectX components.

information with instructions that fixed it, and the game runs fine now. I had to Enjoy the game!

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq....=125994

Thank you very much overkill!

Thanks to your link, my DirectX is state to the art and ArmA works great!!!!

THANK YOU! yay.gif

I recommend updating to the latest DirectX. There is no reason to install old versions.

I got a different error launching my ARMA DEMO.

I get a Securom error talking about the security model that can't be activated...

Incredible! there's a protection on the DEMO ?!?!??