Sign in to follow this  
nigelbland

Demo today....WOOT

MP demo? Thats too bad... i'll try it for the curiosity of seeing how it runs on my current ancient specs lol biggrin_o.gif .

thats good to know... but is it possible to download this "demo"?

I think its pretty weak that file planet is the one that gets it first.

But I guess they must have paid a nice penny to do so

thought it was gonna be single player

edit, i dont think its just for subscribers, only the reserve part is

yes there is.. 1.5 hours to go? or is it 2.5

Either way, I'd say it's about panic mode time right now smile_o.gif

Somehow I doubt this is real,if there was a demo then it would probably be out in more places then just fileplanet,and its bullshit that you have to subscribe to download it,I'v downloaded several demo's from there and never had to subscribe.

It's very real, Fileplanet has had exclusive rights for several demos. Once it's actually released you will probably be able to download it as a non-suscriber, but of cousre with significantly higher waiting times.

But since there's gonna be other places hosting the demo you might not want to wait for fileplanet.

Somehow I doubt this is real,if there was a demo then it would probably be out in more places then just fileplanet,and its bullshit that you have to subscribe to download it,I'v downloaded several demo's from there and never had to subscribe.

I would keep down the trash talk if I were you.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=56170

I would keep down the trash talk if I were you.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=56170

Huh..well I'll be...well then I take it back,I was just thinking it was another scam.

being that its a multiplayer demo, does that mean dedicated servers can be set up for it aswell? ie the demo will contain the files needed?

Ahhh, the lameness that is Fileplanet. No matter, mirrors will pop up soon. yay.gif

I'm just hoping the download won't exceed 1gb. Does anyone with fileplanet able to see the file size.

I think it's BIS who decides where and when to release the demo, not Fileplanet, not the publishers. Why would they wan't to give it exclusively to Fileplanet anyway, for some bribe? I don't bloody think so crazy_o.gif

I would imagine Fileplanet want to keep their subscriber base so probably seek deals with publishers to debut demos and exclusive content to keep subscription worth while.

While its a shame no other download links have been mentioned (I wouldn't be supprised if 3dgamers would mirror it as it also runs on the same subscription system), as soon as the demo has been downloaded by the right people it should duplicate across the net in no time.

I updated the Biki with some details about the demo.

Enjoy.

Guest RKSL-Rock
I think it's BIS who decides where and when to release the demo, not Fileplanet, not the publishers. Why would they wan't to give it exclusively to Fileplanet anyway, for some bribe? I don't bloody think so crazy_o.gif

Possibly you're missing the link between Fileplanet and Gampspy who provide the MP service.

Once the demo is available i'll try and mirror it. I'm sure others will too.

"Subscribers can reserve the ArmA demo. get ready for fully open environments, immersive exploration and strategic combat in this FPS!"

I doubt its for the entire public, tho I could see them releasing it maybe a week or more after.