Sign in to follow this  
Mr-Murray

Artillery Support

Hi all!

Here are two examples to call artillery on a map position:

Singleplayer:

In this example you´ll have the possibility to call artillery via radio menue on a map position.

The guns will adjust their tubes and will fire to the marked position on the map.

You have the possibility to fire grenades, smoke and flares on these position.

Attention!

The enemy have artillery, too!

If they have enemy contact in a trigger area, they´ll call fire on this position.

Download

Multiplayer:

This example is for your mp-mission.

Every side will have a radio set to call artillerie via mapclick to a free map position.

If you don´t want to have a radio set, change it into a other vehicle or give one of the soldiers a actionmenue-entry.

Download

Have fun!

Mr-Murray

Notes: Some of the example-descriptions are still in German. I´ll translate it very soon. I´m sure that you´ll understand these examples. It´s very easy to understand wink_o.gif

If the explosions are to soft for you, please change the "SH_125_HE" into "BO_GBU12_LGB" or something like that in the feuer.sqs.

Here are two clips of artillery and airstrike:

Artillerie

Mr-Murray´s Airstrike

Mr-Murray´s Homepage

Mr-Murray´s Editor Examples

Hi all!

Here are two examples to call artillery on a map position:

Singleplayer:

In this example you´ll have the possibility to call artillery via funkmenue on a map position.

The guns will adjust their tubes and will fire to the marked position on the map.

You have the possibility to fire grenades, smoke and flares on these position.

Attention!

The enemy have artillery, too!

If they´ll have enemy contact in a trigger area, they´ll call fire on this position.

Download

Multiplayer:

This example is for your mp-mission.

Every side will have a radio set to call artillerie via mapclick to a free map position.

If you don´t want to have a radio set, change it into a other vehicle or give one of the soldiers a actionmenue-entry.

Download

Have fun!

Mr-Murray

Notes: The example-descriptions are currently still in german. I´ll translate them very soon.

I´m sure that you´ll understand these examples. They´re very easy wink_o.gif

If the explosions are to soft for you, change the "M_Javelin_AT" into "BO_GBU12_LGB" in the feuer.sqs.

Here are two clips of artillery and airstrike:

Artillerie

Mr-Murray´s Airstrike

Mr-Murray´s Homepage

Mr-Murray´s Editor Examples

LOL, LGB ;-) Wouldn't a SH_120he (or something like that) be more realistically? Like the extremes?

btw: Does your Editing Guide give hints for editing with regard to the streaming technique? I run into a lot of issues with that ...

Hmmm... that´s true but I´m sure that the Javelin or SH_120he are really ok for that.

The Editing Guide don´t includes the streaming technique.

I´ve to learn something about that, too wink_o.gif

Greeez

Well, I think it’s all the same if you want to have fire on a position.

This example is  –for the eye– and –functional– when you’re the player somewhere on the map and you want to have fire on a clicked position.

Eyecatcher:

You´ll see how the arti raise up their tubes, turn itself into the right direction and fire to the marked position.

Example: There are 6 Guns on an enemy base. If they shoot

there will come 6 grenades. If you shoot down one  

of them there will come only 5 grenades and so

on and so forth.

Functional:

A few seconds later the shells will strike on the marked position.

What you mean is only necessary if you’re the gunner of one of them.

It looks really like reallife artillery but it isn’t. Test it and you’ll like it wink_o.gif

Alex.Sworn already made a full working direct and indirect fire script which works in MP too. And its not using camcreate or such thing. ATM theres a open source script which u can download here as a .pdf. We are still working on implementing it to an addon (caused by the short lifetime of Arty shells).

... via funkmenue on a map position.

What's a funkmenue?

And how do install this script? The instructions are all in German (I knew I should have paid more attention in German class!!!wink_o.gif

It´s fixed wink_o.gif Of course radio menue

Mr-Murray´s Artillerie 1.2 is up.

Now with smoke, flares and dust around the guns and explosions.

arti1.jpg

arti2.jpg

Dude....THAT RULES!!

I absolutely love it. Love it love it love it!!!

Quote[/b] ]Sorry to say this, but the link is dead  

Link is not dead - there's just no .pdf file... mad_o.gif

sorry for being such a n00b. how do i get this ingame... where do i pput .sqs files? And what units or waht ever do i make have the script?

I might just not have seen the post, but did you release your airstike script anywhere? (like in the movies above?)

impressive work,

what i just think it should be more complete, more sounds, realistic sounds could be added.

im trying myself to find those sounds, but its hard to find them..

plz help? smile_o.gif

edit: Question: is that version 1.2 compatible with MP?

ok ill wait for hes help on that matter.

mean while can anyone help me how to turn possible to:

order the artillery to fire into a marker (H invisible) "ATarget1" using a activation west trigger?

My idea still is: On the way to the LZ there will be some shell rounds to clear the area. And for that i was thinking to use a trigger to activate the artillery to fire a round into that marker (H invisible) "ATarget1".

plz help smile_o.gif

Meanwhile. Is there a version which doesnt require any of the artillery pieces? Just an old style artillery script for simple off board artillery.

Hopefull

marcus

yup, the last version of the artillery and the airstrike are Not for MP, unfortunatly. sad_o.gif

I tryed to use the last artillery version using some files from older version (MP) and it worked, ie, i have artillery for MP with radio menu, but i can Not see/hear some "sidechat"/sounds i added.

Don't know why i can't hear them. The sidechats and sounds work in SP but not in MP. and they are in the description file

can anyone explain me why?

Great script here. Got one little issue ive noticed, in the demo mission ive noticed a number of times the guns sometimes will train all the way up after firing a round, then drop back to their original angle, must be a bug?

Edit//

Tested a few more times, almost every time after the first round is fired at target from arty, a number of the guns will train all the way up, and then some wont even return to original gun angle till theyve fired at that extreme 'up' angle (this is firing at a target 4000 meters away)

Mr Murry cant you translate your tutorials from ger to english i do see often that you links to your tutorial but not that many people are from germany or have learnd german in school...

I think your tutorial really are kick ass good...

You know now when german is a part of EU you should have multiply langu smile_o.gif can make a translation from eng to swe smile_o.gif if you want smile_o.gif

Hi landychev

I´ve updated them already wink_o.gif

Now you can download every example with an english readme.

Have fun!!!

My tutorial(Editing Guide 2 for OFP) is currently only in german available. I think it won´t come in english.

But... wait for my Arma-Tutorial... I´m sure that it will come in english, too wink_o.gif

Regards,

Mr-Murray

I'm a complete n00b and to top it all the grammar of mr murray does not help matters along wink_o.gif No worry, mine prob eint that good either whistle.gif

Anyhow, where do I put these files so I can load them into the mission editor so I can see what is happening? If I put them in my games/arma/missions folder I can load them from the mission menu but not while in the editor sad_o.gif

I'm a scripts idiot so bare with me!!

Can someone write a 'A beginners guide to installing and editing this script for your mission' HOWTO? tounge2.gif

I have to say Mr-Murrey, that was some beautiful scripting there. It just makes me want to go take a course on scripting smile_o.gif. A great work indeed. I really enjoyed the dust effect.

I did try to copy paste some scripts to add to my mission but eventually it did not work out. sad_o.gif

Good work. notworthy.gif