Sign in to follow this  
Renegade87

Problem patching german download version

look slike the german dl got a few bugs then, i tried to patch ( well, succeeded in patching to 1.02 actualy) but now it says, plz insert the original cd\dvd....?

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Dec. 16 2006,15:09)]Its simple..

the patch needs the original, not edited pbos to patch.

It can only overwrite those... so what you have to do is to put them back up. From the DVD for example.

Just make sure the original pbos are in the folder and the patching will run smooth.

For those who do not have the DVD option, I will host the right pbos on the buyarma.com server in a minute.

[bQMS] SOBR

If you can provide the CA.PBO (v 1.01) I´d be grateful!!!

I´ve tried all possible tricks....and no dice.

Thanks and salute!

notworthy.gif

I will be uploading the 1.00 version...

from there on you can update directely to 1.02 and leave out 1.01. Lets maintain simplicity..... what for the 1.01 ? wink_o.gif

Im not sure if I am allowed to host a file of the orginal DVD version ... and I cant do right now, because my provider has not yet accepted the upgrade of my server.

Waiting for it to happen and then Ill upload, expect the mirror here soon.

Reason for v1.01 ca.pbo is that I thought the 1.02 patcher won´t work correctly if there is v1.00 ca.pbo...hope it works.

...just registered to buyarma.com

I got my sight on that file, perhaps there´s xmas after all

tnx again.

xmas_o.gif

Your welcome mate. You got a PM on buyarma.com by the way.

The 1.02 patch contains the 1.01 patch aswell

so you can patch 1.00 to 1.02 directely wink_o.gif

Anyone who is desperate and needs any file ASAP, can contact me on MSN and I will send him the file:

makymany@hotmail.com

I have a solution works for me (pbo error messages)

-unpack all pbo´s from DVD to addon folder

-use winzip as standard unpacker (not winrar)!!

-install the 1.02 patch to 1.00 Version of ArmA.

Regards

It worked eventually.    yay.gif  yay.gif

Just doing a new install did not work, as I have said, with patch 1.02. But following your advice and extracting the .pbo's from the DVD using winzip did - first attempt got rid of a lot of the error .pbos but not all so having backed up the addons directory I re-extracted with winzip the remaining ones the patch was still not happy with and PRONTO! it worked.

Well done JumpungHubert, I owe you one  notworthy.gif

I too have the download verson, had a very hard time installing the patch. After the 5th time uninstalling the complete game and then reinstalling it worked.... well sort of. Now when I start the game I get an error stating that my CD is not in the drive! HELLO!!! it's the pay for download verson!!

Anyone eles with this problem??

Reason for v1.01 ca.pbo is that I thought the 1.02 patcher won´t work correctly if there is v1.00 ca.pbo...hope it works.

...just registered to buyarma.com

I got my sight on that file, perhaps there´s xmas after all

tnx again.

xmas_o.gif

Update:

TO YOU ALL!!, it must be a bug in the german patch 1.02!!! For someone patching goes ok and for some it won´t succeed.

Got a working CA.PBO file and tried to patch and here is the result:

(thought my orig. ca.pbo was corrupted, but no.)

Error found in file Campaigns\ca.pbo (96f6ae05!=f5dbf2e2)

Nothing to do but to wait for metaboli to give some solution for the problem.

So don´t waste those installation licences like I did...only 1 left.

Pity, such a great game fucked up by lousy and buggy patch-making.

Big thanx to [CS]SOBR[1st-I-R] for help!

Long live the community! thumbs-up.gif

I got the same errors with the pbos when patching to 1.02.  My game still works though, although i don't think it actually updated to version 1.02 because it says it's version 1.01.5094.

I have the downloaded version.  Kindof afraid to update again;/

EDIT: I just reinstalled the game and applied patch 1.02 and it now works fine.

Jesus H Christ.

Even the patch files have problems being applied!

This is strange indeed.

I have the Morphicon DL version and the patch worked fine. I had modified addons all over but not all were backed up so I reinstalled and patched to 1.02 with no problems. Then applied the german to english patch.

I got the file Arma_GermanPatch_102.zip here

http://www.gol-clan.net/

Worked fine.

I seriously doubt there's anything wrong with any of these patches...people just get lazy.

If it doesn't work for you, uninstalled Armed Assault, re-install, and then use ONLY the patch 1.02. It will more than likely work, so give it a try. Also, this patch takes around 10 minutes, as stated in the readme to work on some PC's. Give it time.

...people just get lazy.

Excuse me? I see nothing lazy in trying to install any ordinary game-patch and then finding that it doesn't work as advertised.

i mean how hard is it to install a patch? i also guess that many people here have done that many times before. and i'm pretty sure most of them are aware of the issues involving modified files...

don't go calling people lazy just because it works for you and doesn't for them icon_rolleyes.gif

...people just get lazy.

Re-installing the ****ing game about 5 times and trying to get this patch to 'work' isn't being lazy I asure you. I did sort it in the end thanks to JumpingHubert 's tip (on page 2 of this thread) on unzipping the .pbo's from the DVD into the addons folder of the v1.0 install using winzip . Why that worked I don't know but I appreciated his helpful post, unlike some I could mention.

people just get lazy.

This is bullshxxx !

Ive read people re-installed their windows partition to get rid of this problem.

And I formyself spent several hours trying to help ubernoob out and it didnt work out.

He had the 1.01 download version... ca.pbo had a problem being patched although it was NOT modified by no means !

So just in case I sent him my own ca.pbo of version 1.01 (DVD version 1.00 patched to 1.01) and we had exactely the same filesize and it still didnt work...

And for calling people lazy.. I had my 1.02 running smooth, uninstalled it, installed 1.00, patched to 1.01, sent him the file and patched to 1.02 again.

So I can't patch my morphicon version at all, this is what I get -

Verifying ArmA: Armed Assault, version 1.01...

File MPMissions\MP01SeizeTheCity.Sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP03ArmoredFist.Sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP04CleanSweep.Sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP06ConquerTheIsland.Sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP07CaptureTheFlag.Sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP08CaptureTheFlag2.Sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP09CaptureTheFlag3.Sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP10HoldCastle.Sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP12FlagFight.sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP13FlagFight2.sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP14FlagFight3.sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP15SectorControl.Sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP16DeathMatch.Sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP17DeathMatch.Sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP18PilotDown.Sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP19Hunting.Sara.pbo is missing.

File MPMissions\MP20CamelDogFight.Sara.pbo is missing.

One or more files in game instalation are modified or dammaged.

Reinstall game from original CD disc and try again.

I've tried uninstalling, deleting the directory, cleaning registry stuff with ccleaner, restarting and reinstalling but nothing works. What do I do? sad_o.gif On a reinstall those files aren't there (although they should be, right?), a friend even sent me his mpmissions folder and they're not there.

One thing I've noticed is that when I reinstall, the missions that I've made in the editor somehow reappear, and I think this is causing the problem - but alas, I have no idea how to fix it - any clues? Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit - Just to clarify with the missions - I deleted my user ArmA folder in My Documents before I reinstalled as well (backed it up though), but upon reinstall some missions I made will magically reappear in my ArmA/missions folder in Program Files, even though I deleted my BIS dir before reinstalling.

You are right, I am wrong, I just re-installed my downloaded version and indeed the error is strange, I cannot patch it due to the campaign's pbo...

Luckily I have the boxed version thanks to a certain someone...

I have the downloaded version and when I tried to apply patch 1.02 it didn't fully update (It gave me a lot of .pbo errors), but it would still let me play normally. Although, the campaigns suddenly disappeared and I could not play them.

To fix it, I just simply uninstalled the game, deleted all the folders for it, and reinstalled it. I also noticed that when I reinstalled, I didn't have to re-enter my activation key (required for Dl'able version). So just uninstall the game, delete all the old folders, and reinstall it. Once it's re-installed apply patch 1.02. If it still doesn't work, download the patch from another location and try it again.

Hi all. I just downloaded the germ version af Arma. I installed it , and when i try to start game i get an error.....

Data file too short 'addons\buildings.pbo'....what should i do reinstall?

There are now few more topics concerning patching problems.

My problem still persists, the patcher 1.02 still fails CA.PBO...no way around it.

I even formatted my hd and reinstalled operating system + installed only essential system drivers (chipset & disp.drivers) there were no interfering programs (daemontools , alcohol ...NOTHING )

Then installed Arma on 20GB empty partition made entirely just for the game...run patch and result = error!

Tried also in safe mode = error!

Installed game also on my notebook = error!

Maybe the problem is in morphicon DL-version or maybe in the patch...sent mail to metaboli support, hope they don´t tell me = "..please uninstall game and try again..." AARGH!

banghead.gif

@UBERNOOB

@ZAPPAMAN

I have a solution works for me (pbo error messages)

-unpack all pbo´s from DVD (or downloaded package) to addon folder of your installed game

-use winzip as standard unpacker (not winrar)!!

-install the 1.02 patch to 1.00 Version of ArmA.

I hope you both dont ignore this post. Try it!

Thanx for the effort JumpingHubert.

-Download version of Arma is already patched to version 1.01

-Winzip11 says: "not valid archive" on both installation files (armedassault_setup.exe and setup01.bin)

The CA.PBO in question is 115meg file in \CAMPAIGNS -folder, not the same name file in \ADDONS -folder !!!

no use.

I think the download option is crap ....

Just because we are living in 21st century it doesnt mean that everything should be done online... To download a 4.7 GB instalation.

Come on people... a game belongs on a CD/DVD and this way you have noch 3 licenses and no problems.

Id suggest you order the game from some source and consider this download thing as a bad experience.