Sign in to follow this  
Al Simmons

[UPDATE]FAC-Finalversion

This is not official stuff, dont blame BIS, Morphicon or me if your pc takes dammage.

This addon adds a new soldier (west>Al Simmons addons>Spec OP (FAC) ) to your Arma for testing purposes. If u want to use this addon for your own units you have to add the following eventhandlers to them

Fired="_this exec ""\ASSmoke\fired.sqs""";

Init="_this exec ""\ASSmoke\init.sqs""";

2nd part of this addon are the invisible targets (sometimes AI needs some time to react, here too) those targets work in SP and MP

Weapon Classnames:

"ASSmokeshellsg" -> Throwweapon for my nades

Magazine Classnames:

"ASstrobeIRmag" -> adds an IR-Strobelight to inventory, used to mark targets, can be locked by AH1 and AH6

"ASstrobelasermag" -> adds an Strobelight to inventory, used to mark targets, can be locked by AV8 Bombs

"ASSmokeShellblau" \

"ASSmokeShellrot" \

"ASSmokeShellgelb" ]> Smokeshells, the red one looks black at night tru NVGs

"ASSmokeShelllila" /

/

"ASFlashbangmag" -> adds a simple flashbang which detonates 4 times when thrown

"ASLightstbl" -> adds an blue lightstick

"ASLightstred" -> adds an red lightstick

"ASLightstyel" -> adds an yellow lightstick

"ASLightstgr" -> adds an green lightstick

Changes from last version:

Smokeshells

-now blocking AI-View

Strobes

-added model from DSA

-added blinking lights to the strobe

-inventory pics

Flashbang

-changed explosions

-inventory pic

Lightsticks

added four throwable Lightsticks

Known Issues:

-no stunning from flashbang

Credits:

-Lester[Mapfact] for inspiring me for the invisible targets

-KyleSarnik for his help making this addon MP-playable, scripts and viewblock.p3d from his great Grenade Pack

-DSA for his strobe model and texture

Thx for testing:

- alex.Sworn

- Sgt_Eversman

- x-ray

- boomer

- deanosbeano

Please report bugs when u find them. If u have i ideas how to optimize this addon u can drop me a PM.

Fixed Download

smoke2.JPGinventory.JPGligtstick1.JPG

So I assume the bug with custom hand grenades in MP is still around in ArmA... no sweat, there's an easy way to overcome it. Using a script and a small delay, adding the throw weapon to the unit after the game has initialized makes it work perfectly fine like it would in SP.

As you can tell, I've been down this road before and since I spent a lot of time working on my grenade pack I've become somewhat of an expert at it. It took a while but eventually I overcame all MP compatibility problems and bugs, and again all of the solutions can be seen in my grenade pack. Feel free to turn to it (or me) for anything at all related to grenades, how they work in the game and how they work IRL (if you're going for realsim like I did), I should be able to give you some answers.

Big thx @ KyleSarnik, its now working in MP. We are still testing but its a real advantage for MP fights and biiiggg fun.

Thx again for your help, will try this out and contact u this days.

Great to see that a lot of comm. members are falling into work although ArmA is still not really enjoyable ... .well offtopic and matter of taste ,sorry.

It would be great to add at first AI-Viewblock....i know i am really funny whistle.gif ... is this eveb possible if toola are relesed to create modells?Or havent those ECP viewblocks been modells?

It would be great to add at first AI-Viewblock....i know i am really funny whistle.gif ... is this eveb possible if toola are relesed to create modells?Or havent those ECP viewblocks been modells?

iam trying to port over KyleSarniks viewblockers

Great news keep on the good work notworthy.gif

Btw just to get my horizon larger,.... whistle.gif ..... is the viewblock a kind of modell or "just" a config- thing?If it would be a kind of modell do u have to wait for further tools or can u copy those from KyleS. (by permission)?

Great news keep on the good work notworthy.gif

Btw just to get my horizon larger,.... whistle.gif ..... is the viewblock a kind of modell or "just" a config- thing?If it would be a kind of modell do u have to wait for further tools or can u copy those from KyleS. (by permission)?

It's an object with a config and a model, it is invisible and only contains (view) geometry, so I can't see any reason why it would not function properly in ArmA, the config will have to be edited (or redone) so it works in ArmA, but it's the model that allows it to block their view.

Al Simmons, how are you planning on implementing the flashbangs? For players it is easy, but for AI finding a realistic and practical way to stun them can be a challenge. The best idea I had (for OFP) was to use animations, that would make it look believable and help to keep them unable to fight.

Al Simmons, how are you planning on implementing the flashbangs? For players it is easy, but for AI finding a realistic and practical way to stun them can be a challenge. The best idea I had (for OFP) was to use animations, that would make it look believable and help to keep them unable to fight.

unit enableAI "AUTOTARGET"

~4

unit disableAI "AUTOTARGET"

tounge2.gif

EDIT: Forgot to post the mirror here

Not sure if you can just switch AI autotarget back on... but what about taking away their ammo and refilling their weapons after the effect wears off ? smile_o.gif

Nice "stolen" addon components like my invisible targets ...

... no mail ask for use it in my ingoing-mail-folder and also no credits ... what a shame mad_o.gif

Is something of the addon 'handmade' or all fished from different sources ? crazy_o.gif

Nice "stolen" addon components like my invisible targets ...

... no mail ask for use it in my ingoing-mail-folder and also no credits ... what a shame mad_o.gif

Is something of the addon 'handmade' or all fished from different sources ? crazy_o.gif

nothing is stolen form u, if theres still your .p3d in the .pbo its a mistake from me. It was only for testing in it, i made my own btw, even the rest is made by me. I will give u full credit (for inspiring me to do this one) aswell as KyleSarnik (for his help with this addon in the next update. Sorry if i missed to tell that u made the OFP inv. targets.

excuse accepted xmas_o.gif

sorry for my short-tempered post, but it wasn't the first time to me that someone 'forgot' some minimal regards to the inspiration source.