Sign in to follow this  
fideco

Editing config.bin

Hi all,

i have tried to edit the main config.bin in bin.pbo.

Eliteness tool works fine and unbpo process is ok, , but i am not able to rapify the modified config.ccp and convert it in bin.

Is there any solution to get this file working?

Thanks

Cheers

Yes...

1. Don't use Eliteness... it does not Unbin the file properly with respect to Arrays and quotes for strings... use Keg's unbin prog.Kegetys website.

2. The community does not have an Armed Assault rapify prog. available as yet... ie. cpp2bin type of prog.

So, don't bother atm trying to rebin the .cpp file just leave as is...

Quote[/b] ]1. Don't use Eliteness... it does not Unbin the file properly with respect to Arrays and quotes for strings

this is news to me. Since Kegs took the information directly from me, i'm surprised. Details please.

Quote[/b] ]

2. The community does not have an Armed Assault rapify prog. available as yet... ie. cpp2bin type of prog.

again, incorrect. Elitness2.04.rar

rapification occurs for any class text, with the option to generate either arma/elite or ofp style encoding. In fact, this is the only significant difference between our tools. Eliteness rapifies, kegs, currently does not.

When I try to to raPify the config.bin after I have made some changes, Eliteness 2.04 gives me an error - "Line xxxxx. No Memory." The line number changes if I try to delete some information (such as the names section).

Any ideas?

@Phaeden

I would have to see the text file concerned. Send it to me via skype or my email.

Regardless, this is a bug, and shouldn't be happening.

Lol, apols... very quick response to bug fixing on you're part... most excellent.

Good Job... Cheers.

I agree - his repsonse time is incredible.

@freda - Thanks for your help!

Well, I am able to use it properly now without the memory error - however, now I can't seem to get the files to stay the way I write them.

For example:

Line 21616: plateLetters = "ABCDEFGHIJ";

I've tried changing it to : plateLetters = "0123456789";

but when it raPifies it, it changes it to:

plateLetters = 123456789;

The same thing happens to lines 21634 and 21645:

formatX = 000;

formatY = 000;

when rapified, it changes to:

formatX = 0;

formatY = 0;

As a result, the information is not displayed correctly ingame. I know that my target folder is working as the WGL6 Map Markers work just fine.

Sorry to bother you again - any help is appreciated. help.gif

No problem here with 2.07 version.

Thanks

wwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaa what are you doing to my poor little program phaeden !

sigh. Ok, i'm onto it. and yes, definite bug.

I've been trying to get Eliteness to run on my system for the last couple days and I can't figure out why each time I start it it crashes. Phaeden can't figure it out either and I've harassed him a lot on AIM. wink_o.gif

Any ideas? I've extracted depbo.dll into the Eliteness folder. I tried putting depbo.dll into \system32 as well. I'm using the most recent Eliteness and DePBO 1.44.

When I run Eliteness it says....

Eliteness MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

AppName: eliteness.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.3 ModName: msvcrt.dll

ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 00032a16

Any ideas? I'm on WinXPSP2 Home.

hey AngusHeaf

I get the same error as well. will wait for some help. but i cant get it to work and get the exact same error as you. sad_o.gif

anyone else getting this error? i tried to install it on my dads computer and still the same error. can someone provide a link to a older verison of this tool? it seems 2.08 may not work!

Did you both correctly install the DLL file that accompanies Eliteness?

A quote from the readme file:

Quote[/b] ]OFP general inspection and play tool by Mikero@norfolk.nf

originally designed to assist with Flashpoint : Elite

place the dll in your windows/system folder

place the gui anywhere that gives you a thrill

Quote[/b] ]

I'm using the most recent Eliteness and DePBO 1.44.

I'm using Eliteness 2.08 and I am using DePBO 1.45 with it, this might be the problem here.

Go to Mikero's site.......link at the first post on this page......and get the latest of everything.

Planck

well, screw it.

here is the deal... why cant i seem to get the config to work w/out error?

ill open the config.bin using eliteness, make my edit (something small like change a speed of a bullet) then "save as"

place the file back into the folder, re pbo it but i always get a freakin error!

will someone please post some best practices on how to edit the config file? step by step and what tool they are using?