Sign in to follow this  
maxqubit

Populating Sahrani

i didnt compare one 2 client , the battleground seen.

Please do! My guess is that each client will see different things/behavior since the script runs locally on each client but of course I could be wrong...

Quote[/b] ]

AFAIK , this script works well in MP. i will test several function , not too much time for the moment .

IMHO, saying it "works well in MP" is to stretch it if not all features are 100% confirmed to work, especially if the maker says he didn't tested it in MP wink_o.gif

Anyway, looking forward to hear about your future MP testings and hopefully Kronzky will make it 100% MP compatible (if it ain't)...

/KC

Very nice script, Kronzky. If you've got time left you might consider adding an option for the AI to find themselves a car and use that for a while. Would be great for the civilian population.

i didnt compare one 2 client , the battleground seen.

Please do! My guess is that each client will see different things/behavior since the script runs locally on each client but of course I could be wrong...

Quote[/b] ]

AFAIK , this script works well in MP. i will test several function , not too much time for the moment .

IMHO, saying it "works well in MP" is to stretch it if not all features are 100% confirmed to work, especially if the maker says he didn't tested it in MP wink_o.gif

Anyway, looking forward to hear about your future MP testings and hopefully Kronzky will make it 100% MP compatible (if it ain't)...

/KC

i just finished another simple test.

i observed 3 guys , on 2 client. the team was using same waypoint , so , i can confirm it works.

ps: i dont have 2 coimputer in same room. instead, i used VLC.

there was big latency , but with what i have seen , i can tell it works.

Well, that would sure be a nice Christmas present, if the script ran under MP without hardly any changes... xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

As far as the chopper (and fast boat) issue is concerned - I'm thinking that that should be pretty straightforward to fix. They're just not getting close enough to the dynamic waypoints (well, actually it's not waypoints but moveto commands), because the distance at which it is decided that they've reached is might to too small for them. (The weird thing is though, that that was never a problem in VBS or OFP. Perhaps it has something to do the new FSM-"Intelligence".) But I'll just have to find out whether something is a chopper, for example, and then adjust that target tolerance accordingly.

@ stisoas: I really appreciate you testing it (I don't have a test-setup yet); and in case you're not using it already: you might want to turn on the "track" option ([this,"area","track"] exec "ups.sqs"). It will always show you the current location of the moving unit on the map. That way you can easily compare what's where for each player...

When I use the MIN: and/or MAX: parameters (in ArmA 1.01), it spawns only the group leaders and gives a script error.

And when using the RANDOM parameter, the grunts were spawned about a mile away from my 300x300m marker.

Oh, and my rig doesn't like having 300 units running around at the same time  biggrin_o.gif

I actually just uploaded a new version that fixed the error message when you're creating clones (the MIN/MAX option). But the error shouldn't really have affected the functionality of it...

How did your call look like?

It should be something like this: [this,"area","MIN:",2,"MAX:",4] exec "ups.sqs"

The argument *after* the MIN/MAX is not a string. If it is, it will be interpreted as a zero. (I know, the syntax is not very pretty, but that's the best I could do with the limited string handling the ArmA engine has.)

That random units are spawned outside of the marker zone never happened to me before. I've read some other posts about ArmA's setpos being a bit unstable, but have personally never seen it so far. Why don't you just send me your mission? Me email is in the readme.

Well, that would sure be a nice Christmas present, if the script ran under MP without hardly any changes... xmas_o.gifxmas_o.gifxmas_o.gif

As far as the chopper (and fast boat) issue is concerned - I'm thinking that that should be pretty straightforward to fix. They're just not getting close enough to the dynamic waypoints (well, actually it's not waypoints but moveto commands), because the distance at which it is decided that they've reached is might to too small for them.

you mean Altitude ?

if a chopper is flying at 100meter, its "distance WP1" can't be < 20 or 30 meter. right.

i think it's solvable . i will look at your script

whistle.gif

I didn't save the mission, as I was just trying out some things. I'll try again tonight with the new version of your script, and see what happens. If they're going all over the place again, I'll mail you the mission.

I've had some issues with the "NOTRIGGER" parametre. Sometimes when I kill off the last SLA dude in the area, the cleared message pops up even tho I'm using the above parametre in the patrol init thingy. the full line goes like this:

[pat1,"compound","HIDEMARKER","NOTRIGGER","NOSLOW"

] exec "ups.sqs"

(Don't mind the line shift, I'm just daft with forum browsers)

Otherwise the thing is working great, I'm using it for both the guards at an airfield and the reinforcements that will come if the alarm is triggered. Looks great when the BRDMs zoom around unpredictably - it'll drive my players crazy.  tounge2.gif

Hi togehter,

Im working on a fully populating script for the western half isle of sahrani. If its working 100% I will use it for the whole isle sahrani.

It is very configurable at the moment. You can set:

- maximum numbers of towns

- maximum numbers of civilians

- maximum numbers of busses

- maximum numbers of cars

The busses have their own defined or random routes. They are using the bus stops.

Civis are able to use all the things and much more wink_o.gif

In the final version there will be only two triggers who starts the scripts. Actually I need town markers for spawning the civis.

Beta testing and final configuration is in progress.

Release will be soon!!!

Hunter

PS: This scripts will be included in a new style of mission by Chillmasta wink_o.gif

@[uMPC]Hunter

Sounds very cool. And I'm quite certain my computer is not gonna like this biggrin_o.gif Perhaps you can find a way to populate only a certain radius around the player to conserve precious cpu resources.

@Frans: you can configure this wink_o.gif

btw: My system (AMD 3200- 64bit, 1GB RAM) runs fine with up to 64civilians and 10 busses in all towns of west sahrani.

Without debugging infos for me (deactivating all hints and sidechat infos) 256 are possible.

Debugging is very strange. You get all the infos the civilians will do :-)

Hunter

What we really need is a "GTAIII" style dynamic people creation thing, where the people are generated only in a very local area and then deleted after the player has left that area, and have different kinds of waypoints and density depending on, for example, whether it's the open countryside or in a crowded city.

It was done in OFP, I THINK it was PLA mod that used it.. Hope those huys come over to AA.

Kolgujev Konflict?Arma is planned to have all of the main towns/cities on the main northern island populated with civies, mercenaries, garrison troops, etc -

Actually, for the Civies, had gotten and idea from Oblivion, where the civies during the day will walk about, and then occasionally could path them right to the door of non entrable buildings, and make them dissapear, also doing this for nighttime (9:00 pm'ish) have most of the civies go into their homes, then come back out during the day...

Fun stuff really, considering this is just really eye candy, but still, seemed a good idea.

Actually tested by maxxing out groups of 1 and 2 civies across map, and had them moving on their wp plans, must be somethin up Armas new engine, cause there was like no lag (talkin ALOT of civies) - suprised me, although, there are some issues with civies for sure, get a combatant even of same side near em, they drop to the ground and sniff for treats, really, much of anything happens and they turn into ground rats instantly, cant remember if this was tried with careless, although with careless, of course you can send a group of enemies right thru them and theyll stand there smiling... greet artillery barrages with a hand shake, etc... Also, they seem to get more confused moving thru town areas than regualr units, half the civies I threw in the test in Corazol ended up just laying there (on cycling wp plans) in courtyards and down side streets...

Basically, imho, it can be done, but seems to me refinement of their plans in towns has to be monitored unfortunately, equaling considerable time consumption.