Sign in to follow this  
desertfox

AT/ M136 / RPG7

I was wondering why BIS choose AT 4 as the west-sides response to RPG-7 instead of the Carl-Gustav?

Both the AT 4 and CG is used by the US and I believe that CG is more like the RPG-7 in usage. BIS made the AT 4 reload-able(?) and used in a way I believe the CG is used for(no military exp).

So, wouldn't it been better to use the CG?

For the same reason the Carl Gustaf is a ATGM in the original flashpoint - for kicks and giggles! ... and for game balance + coolness / familiarity.

there's a nice discussion about "AT" weapons in ArmA, If we continue It here maybe the devs will share some more info with us

For the same reason the Carl Gustaf is a ATGM in the original flashpoint - for kicks and giggles! ... and for game balance + coolness / familiarity.

But wasn't the AT 4 included in the original Flashpoint? It was a couple of years sins I played it, but I don't remember any CG?

As far as arma's problems goes having AT4 hardly registers, this at least can be fixed with little effort by the community.

there's a nice discussion about "AT" weapons in ArmA, If we continue It here maybe the devs will share some more info with us

I thought my question would drown in that one, so I started a new one wink_o.gif ...

While your argument is valid, it is likely that a good percent of the people on these forums don't particularly care; there are obviously quite a few accuracy errors with the equipment selection and most are more obvious than this. But for the most part, the experiences from OFP with community created content assures us that the mistakes will be righted, one way or another, and thus many (including myself) are concerned very little about what they threw in for their campaign story. And, in slight defense of BIS, I think they are well aware of the disposable launchers, it's just not supported in the engine and reloading is a simpler way to simulate carrying multiple launchers, as is often the case with disposable launchers, and also that the Carl Gustav is a recoilless rifle and those aren't necessarily supported either (though they can be simulated fairly well with some tricks).

But wasn't the AT 4 included in the original Flashpoint? It was a couple of years sins I played it, but I don't remember any CG?

Nope, just the Carl Gustav (as an ATGM) and the LAW (reloadable), on the russian side, they had an RPG 26 (reloadable) or what-not and a russian AT4. The AT4 there is an actual ATGM but it's not shoulder-launchable like it is in the game.

For the same reason the Carl Gustaf is a ATGM in the original flashpoint - for kicks and giggles!  ... and for game balance + coolness / familiarity.

Negative.

quite a stupid question to be honest..

you could go on with that for every thing..

y did they made the ah-1z v2 instead od ah64d???

or why did they made an av8b instead of an f-35?...

y acu instead of multicam?

and wtf do the us guys use marine gear in acu colors!!

and why is thata pixel colored orange! i prefer mauve!

get a live..

As far as arma's problems goes having AT4 hardly registers, this at least can be fixed with little effort by the community.

Well, it wasn't so much about problems then that I was wondering why they did like this.

There are enough error that beta testers should've found and fixed.

The TOW for example is just a simple unguided rocket.

The AT4 is a balancing issue which is quite annoying for realism.

AT threads all merged together and topic changed to represent such.

I think that the missiles tracking/locking, AT (and armor values), reloading times of launchers, rifles and MG's thingy Is the next big part that BIS should focus on to make just something with It, after the heli phycisc

Personally I don't care wheter the main campaign is playable after those changes wink_o.gif Neither the campaign nor the sp missions are my main interest.

Have I ever written something like that? Ops, sorry BIS...Would you still send me my free copy of ArmA, despite the fact that they already know our little secret? wink_o.gif

we have just one reload time for all the rpgs. We decided now to make it play longer, we'll see how it'd work.

Regards,

Stepan

Now, you're making me feel guilty! tounge2.gif I didn't want to badger anyone into changing the game to my/our whim but instead to point out what I thought might be something worthy for the game devs to reconsider and make up their own minds about.

Either way, thank you for being responsive and I hope this review of the RPG reload times results in a change (or no change) that is the conclusions of the game dev group using their own minds. Cheers.

I hope that if 75% of the ArmA community suddenly wanted the M1A1 to be bright pink, the ArmA game devs would have the sense to flip 'em off and say no, lol. nener.gif

I have noticed MAJOR mistakes in the armoury of the vehicles.

Please have a closer look to this thread to see what I mean.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=56229

The list will be updated daily. Testing costs a lot of time ...

I hope that enough people recognize the errors in there so we can await a fix on them in the next patch.

I think we should start a poll in which we would express our opinion about the balance between gameplay and realism in general. Or a few polls about e.g "armor/AT realism vs gameplay". (I think about missions/campaigns vs overall realism and accuracy of vehicles and stuff) Then some dev could drop in here, and tell us that "It's not doable" or "we need your opinion" etc.

Before somebody make such poll, I suggest discussing It's content In topics like this one...

"Ultimative Battlefiled Simulation" - buhahaha

Our brave soldier can run/sprint with 7!! - Seven javelin rockets crazy_o.gif Hey BIS guys have you ever seen a javelin launcher in real?? come on... it`s pathetic. Real life: set up javelin - about 30 sec, reload about 20 sec - Arma- 4 sec to reload LOOOOL - if you want ArmA to be a simulation I want that 20 sec to reload!

"Ultimative Battlefiled Simulation" - buhahaha

Our brave soldier can run/sprint with 7!! - Seven javelin rockets  crazy_o.gif  Hey BIS guys have you ever seen a javelin launcher in real?? come on... it`s pathetic. Real life: set up javelin - about 30 sec, reload about 20 sec - Arma- 4 sec to reload LOOOOL - if you want ArmA to be a simulation I want that 20 sec to reload!

I dont it's really fair to complain about some undocumented obscure weapon class that obviously isnt finished.