Sign in to follow this  
Novusordo

Realism soundpack v1.0

I admit the M4 is too weak sounding but atleast it's a very loud sharp crack unlike the default sloppy weak ass bang (if u could even call it that !!!!wink_o.gif. It's still very very good, just needs to be a little more powerful sounding.

But u can't say the M249 is bad can you? Thats loud, sharp and sounds damm powerful. What more do u want?

Creative marketer.

M249 is about on par. Just turned everything off again and I suppose I agree the M4 sounds very flat and bland, crystaliser on = nuh uh enhanced upper and lower frequencies tremendously and adjusting the equalizer can give it even more, it can definately have a very sharp loud clear crack. If someone can tell me how to apply these effects to the sound files I will do so, just rerecording with 'wave' doesn't work. What the ArmA engine really needs is some pitch randomisation and a constant sound for weapons not something thats played with every shot. I'd really like the ghost recon m249 wink_o.gif

Altough it's not preferred, you could loop your line output into your line input and record the line input... but you will loose quality I guess.

hi sickboy any chance of telling me how to make a patch?

Try PatchWise Free: http://www.patchwise.com/downloads/index.php

It's the easiest i've seen so far, happily recommended by one of the posters in my Lang thread. Program explains itself, otherwise check F1 - Help

For more conventional patching and usuable in batch files you could try and search for: xdelta or asta binary patcher, google is your friend.

thanks! Just tried to download PatchWise Free 3.29 from 5 locations including it's offocial site. Everytime I tried to downlaod from the 4 locations I got a "404 Not Found" error.

Weird or what?

thanks! Just tried to download PatchWise Free 3.29 from 5 locations including it's offocial site. Everytime I tried to downlaod from the 4 locations I got a "404 Not Found" error.

Weird or what?

Might be possible that they all link back to the same site?

Did you try searching for "PWFSetup329r.exe" on google?

If you can't find it, let me know and I could send it over somewhen tonight.

They still do not sound like their real life counter parts. Could you maybe extract the sound from america's army? Thats probably the closest thing to accurate sound for these weapons.

I certainly would like to hear a better audio officially approved from BIS before I start downloading patches from stuff like BF2 or Ghost Recon.

I must admit the sounds in AA are a bit lacking!!!! sorry to say this but i'ts true.... You jump in a truck & you have a sound like a tuc tuc......

Well, even with a sound engine fix, the sounds won't be realistic.

I am working on a realism mod myself, weapons mostly.

I did not use any other game sounds (with one exception). They come from an open source ofp sound pack and my own library.

I could use some help with the mod, because it is my first attempt to modify ofp/arma game files.

The modfolder system is useless, because I have to use all files from weapons.pbo. So I need some solution to this issue. I just want to replace the old sounds but not with all the garbage.

Same for vehicle sounds.

m8 that fallujah video has pretty much the sounds I have made. I diden't call it realism for no reason yay.gif

Predator where can I access this open source sound repository thumbs-up.gif

If you want to know how to edit the sounds go into mod discussion forum and look for my topic "How to edit the sounds". All the info you need will be in there. Good luck.

I already have my mod working the hard way, but it is not a good base for further development.

I don't have any access to the sounds anymore. I had them on some old backup cd.

m8 that fallujah video has pretty much the sounds I have made. I diden't call it realism for no reason yay.gif

That´s the reason why i like your sounds so much and did upload that video, to show people how it´s gotta sound right biggrin_o.gif

That´s the reason why i like your sounds so much and did upload that video, to show people how it´s gotta sound right biggrin_o.gif

ohhh right. cheers biggrin_o.gif

Thank you for your MOD, Novusordo. It is far better than the original sounds.

Just a quickie for you tho m8, do you plan to change the sounds for the Harrier in an upcoming MOD? Presently it sounds like a motorised wheelchair icon_rolleyes.gif

(hopefully you won't get moaning about infringing copyright from British Aerospace for 'stealing their sounds whistle.gif )

sounds from a camcorder isn't anything like real life, the mic on a $500 camcorder doesn't react anythink like the human ear. now if they were using some $5000 stereo condenser mic hooked up to some high quality pre-amps, then i might consider that the mic and therefore the sound was somewhat realistic.

Not only is the source not that high quality, but in order for you to upload that video to somewhere to sahre it u have run it through some form of compression, Xvid, DivX, whatever.

so the crappy camcorder mic, with its sub standard original sound, recorded at poor bitrate, and then compressed to UL to youtoube/whatever, isn't a good example, IMO

it really annoys me when people do this, can u tell???

sounds from actual firefight footage always sounds thin and snappy. like a sharp **patch!!** with some reverb. handguns seem to have almost no bass. for a game like arma id prefer a mix between realism and hollywood sounddesign.

Well, taking sounds from other games is not a good idea anyways, not to mention youtube videos.

You can't recreate authentic gun shots with the hardware you own.

Any big-bore gun shot is at around 160-180 dB(A) and suppressed still 130 dB(A). Both too loud for safe listening.

The major part you can not recreate is the muzzle blast. The huge pressure wave being send downrange and the other way into your body. This low-frequency blast is only recognized by your stomach (like good subwoofers will only move your stomach, not your eardrums).

The part most shooters recognize is the high-pitched effect, the un-hollywood like sound most think about as cheap, unspectacular).

Every gun has a wide spectrum of soundeffects. Many just hear the difference in barrel lenght and the muzzlebreak / flashhider-based distortions. Others do actually identify the mechanical sounds, too (a shot is not just a "bam" there is the cycle of the weapon, if self-loading).

You just need some object in the place you fire the gun to change the sound another person will hear. Indoor firing and outdoor sound different too, as you know. Some trees, a hill, a lake even will change the way the effect is recognized by some witness.

Ergo, you can't reproduce authentic gun sounds in any game or movie. They can sound realistic, though. Which is just "not hollywood" to be honest.

If the sound is unspectacular, it is realisic (if the type of weapon is the same, a machinegun does not sound like a pistol and so on).

In the end it all comes down to personal taste. To save ppl the hazzle to download something they dont like it's a great idea to provide a video or an mp3 of a small firefight in ArmA.

Having said that i'll start on another soundpack which will offer heavy (hollywood like) punch sounds and wide plain echo cause i think its the environment most ppl will face combat in ArmA. Urban-like echo on a plain is more out of place than a wide-echo in an ArmA city. tounge2.gif