Sign in to follow this  
CTU24

Mods/Addon Ideas

Ok first post... Would have been cool to see i c-130 specter gunship circle a town with a rain of metal down its left side... I do not know if it could be done in OFP... Too much guns!

I have not seen one for OFP...

Also other stuff I would like to see is more sharing in the addon world i.e. aobut half a dozen countries have signed up for the j-35 therefore it would be great if only one model was made and it would be shared between the addon makers which need it.

I would like to see the JAM ammo packs converted for use in Armed Assault especially the HD rounds portion of the packs.

no need of JAM for ArmA because in ArmA we have cfgmagazine stuff. wink_o.gif

I would like to see Protective eyewear, shades...oh and military glases. Not all of us have perfect vision wink_o.gif

I'd love to see a AC 47 "Spooky" Gunship (a Converted C-47), perferct for those 'nam missions!

Especially since multiple gunners is now possible, nothing would beat the rain of steel and fire that beauty could provide to an area

for those of you wondering what kind of Armament this beast had

Quote[/b] ] * Guns:

o 3× 7.62 mm (0.30 in) General Electric GAU-2/M134 miniguns, 2,000 rounds/gun or

o 10× .30 in Browning AN/M2 machine guns

* 48× Mk 24 flares

Or an CH47-A/ACH-47A (an gunship variant of the Chinook) would be excellent support for a night-time special forces raid in vietnam, possible armaments included

Quote[/b] ]The ACH-47A carried five M60D 7.62x51mm machine guns or M2HB .50 caliber machine guns, provided by the XM32 and XM33 armament subsystems, two M24A1 20 mm cannons, two XM159B/XM159C 19-Tube 2.75" rocket launchers or sometimes two M18/M18A1 7.62x51 mm gun pods, and a single M75 40 mm grenade launcher in the XM5/M5 armament subsystem.

The layout of said weapons ^

ach47weaponryniceartistsketch.jpg

Information source(s) Wikipedia

Wouldn't be a bit pointless to make a ACH-47? I mean, only four were ever converted. Still a nice idea, but ever since BF:V came out I don't like it.

My 2 cents anyway. Still would have use in AA.

So what if only 4 were ever made they were still there, for missions its nice to sometimes have more nichey addons, at least i find so.

100% more interesting than 200000 million M4 variants anyway :P

is it possible to add cam blur effect on moving objects ? if so i would like to see some blur on shells and rockets, a kind of linear blur of course to feel velocity.

So what if only 4 were ever made they were still there, for missions its nice to sometimes have more nichey addons, at least i find so.

100% more interesting than 200000 million M4 variants anyway :P

Yeah, that is true, we've seen enough M4 spamming and something like the ACH-47 might be nice. I just can't get past BF:V's recreation...grrr, I hate that game, so so so crappy.

Is it possible to change the fog from grey to a brownish dust color?

If so how would one approach such a task... The idea is to get a simulated disturbance in the dust that gets shaken up from tanks and general windy weather.

Gundam and stick people. Grass that works the way it should would be nice too.

Iraq mod could be split into 3 parts. Gulf war one with the retaing of kuwait from the Iraqis, Gulf war 2 with the fall of saddam, and then a Peacekeeping campaign fighting the insurgents, porbably colaborate with mods like UKF to use their addons as part of a Basra campaign. Also as the maps have no size limit you could do a absolutly massive Iraq map. with large detailed cities.

^That's an pretty awesome idea... wink_o.gif

---------------------------------------------------------

But a Gulf War 1 "Operation Desert Shield/Storm (1990-1991)" MOD would definatley rock in my opinon. Some of the biggest armored battles in modern times happened during Operation Desert Storm like:

-Battle of Khafji

-Battle of 73 Easting

-Battle of Al Busayyah

-Battle of Medina Ridge

-Battle of Norfolk

There weren't many infantry battles though during Desert Storm, but as stated above alot of armored engagements, and I like the tanks in OFP.... biggrin_o.gifwhistle.gif

-------------------------------------------------------

New Units that I like to get in ArmA:

West (US):

- M1A2 Abrams "Main Battle Tank".

- M2/M3 Bradley "Infantry Fighting Vechile".

- MLRS "Multiple Launch Rocket System".

- M109A6 Paladin "Mobile Howitzer".

- AH-64 Apache

EAST:

- T-90 "MBT".

- T-84 and older T-xx tanks.

- BMP-3 "Infantry Fighting Vehicle".

- BMP-1 "Infantry Fighting Vehicle".

That's all I can think of now. Over & Out... biggrin_o.gifxmas_o.gif

Hi, some of the addons that i'll like to see:

CH46E Sea Knight:

ch46e_23.jpg

M1A Socom-II & M1A Scout:

m1asocomII.jpg

H&K SL8:

sl8_04.jpg

AK74M:

ak74m.jpg

- M16A4

- M1911A1

- M1911A1 MEU

- M40A1/A3

- M82A1/A3

- FN-SCAR 5.56 & 7.62

- FN-P90

- FN M249 Para

- Vörös M1 Revolver

- CZ K100 9mm luger

- Thomson Contender

- BTR-T & BTR-T 2A38

- HTTV

- LAV25-III

- L86A2

- L86A2-K

and some more, but ain't have time, will or space to writte all the addons that i'll like to see back into ArmA from the OFP and some that we never had, like the "promised" BAS - Desert Addons. Let's C ya

Well,i want to someone make nice markings,random numbering,random register plates(take a look at RHS_GAZ 66 Pack) for all vehicles!Also nice cockpits(like FZ_AH64). wink_o.gif

a new mode where u have to get a vip to a certain place by a certain time or guard him for a period. could be adapted to getting a spec op into position, play as a body guard of the saharani royal family ( either driving somewhere or guarding a location), a police officer or agent working in the field has to get to a certain location. then u could also play as the otherside. assinations, ambushes, terrorist attacks, the works. then u could set up a campaign along these lines. it would also be cool to have civilians walking around. make it harder to get off a secret kill. be harder to hit a target when civilians are standing in the way.