Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu's EditorUpdate Released!

After seeying the Germany 1985's release of an editor addon, I couldn't resist to make a cleaner one smile_o.gif

This baby ... is only needed for Editors...

Those that do not make or edit missions do not need this addon; Missions created with this addon work flawlessly on those system aswell, simply because this editor addon only enables classes that are already available in ArmA, they were just hidden! Nobody needs to have an extra addon now to just display what was already in ArmA available!

The Objects & Units Made available are findable in the editor classes: Men, #Buildings and #Ruins. (~400)

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:RED'>1.05 COMPATIBLE VERSION (v0.5) RELEASED</span></span>

Links:

[*]6thSense.eu EditorUpdate Wiki

[*]6thSense.eu Mod Wiki

[*]Classes & Pictures

<span style='color:red'>As of now, all information (incl. Downloads) regarding 6thSense.eu is to be found in our:

[*]6th Sense Community Wiki

[*]ArmA Trac/Wiki Development Area</span>

Mirror up at Armaholic.com

You can download this file from here.

Thanks Sickboy, really great to have editor update available now which works for clients without actually having it smile_o.gif

Thank you kindly for the Mirrors m8s, greatly appreciated!

Hey mate, I assume this one's in English? If so, yay! I'll download it anyway.
English, hell yeah m8!
cool more stuff to put in maps,definitely getting this..does it add a LOT of hidden stuff ?
I didn't actually count, but as this does nearly the same as Germany 1985's editorupdate (Except that this one is not needed to play the missions made with the extra objects/units), and they advertise with ~400, I go for ~400 too smile_o.gif

i did the default installation and it patched ok but when i add  “C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ArmA.exe†–mod=@6th-editorupdate

to my shortcut it says 'the target box is not valid,make sure the path and filename are correct' ?

i did the default installation and it patched ok but when i add  “C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ArmA.exe†–mod=@6th-editorupdate

to my shortcut it says 'the target box is not valid,make sure the path and filename are correct' ?

Just to make sure

You should add: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">-mod=@6th-editorupdate

after your shortcut: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ArmA.exe"

So the total shortcut becomes:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ArmA.exe" -mod=@6th-editorupdate

complete

Also, make sure you are using the proper signs, copy them from the forum if nececairy, im talking about the quotes " ", yours look different in the forum..

(The "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ArmA.exe" should already be written in your shortcut.. except of coarse, when your game is not installed in the mentioned folder, it might aswell be: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"D:\Games\ArmA\ArmA.exe", just depending on where you installed it)

You also add:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> -nosplash(mind the space), so your game boots up faster without showing all the advertisement at the start etc

Here is an explaination for OFP, it works the same with ArmA, might help yah! TheAvonLady FAQ

ok it's cos i copy/pasted the whole line,worked when i just added -mod=@6th-editorupdate to the end.

but i opened the editor and didnt see any new stuff ? dunno i'll mess with it tomorrow.it's late....need sleep.

cant wait to get it working though wink_o.gif great stuff.

b.t.w this is why it didnt work , the first line below is what i pasted from your first post,the second is my shortcut.can see the difference.

“C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\ArmA.exe†–mod=@6th-editorupdate

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma.exe" -mod=@6th-editorupdate

So to cut it short... it's working, as I understand? smile_o.gif

Just did a quick check myself and took the original files from the dvd, ran the patcher, started it with proper shortcut, put a unit on the map, player or playable and there the Ruins & Objects were filled at Empty side smile_o.gif

what appeals about this 'patch' is that it is merely allowing an author to 'look inside' the official addons and use otherwise unselectable models (except by camcreate)

There's nothing new in that, since the almost-mandatory editorUpgrade102 does much the same thing for ofp from the author's perspective.

the difference is, this 'addon' is not required by the end user. And that, is clever.

I think you need to make it 1000% percent clear to the author that this patch will NOT alter or modify the bis addons in any way. That, would be scary, and that is the impression given.

As for the G85_ addon. It too has it's place. It's very early days for Armed Assault and a learning curve for everyone. G85 is a good start, that's all. No doubt, it will mature.

There are self evident limitations to how far this patch approach can be taken, vs the need to have an addon downloaded for the player, but clever it is, and worthy.

What I believe the main point here is, the message going out to the community is that oem development, 3rd party everything is already underway for Armed Assault.

hmm..... i would need a brief guide on how to install this....

i only get a message "no such directory" from the installer....

so some help would be nice...

Did you read the readme and take it step by step?

Did you unpack it directly into your arma folder as suggested etc?

what readme?

gotta check if i find it....

what readme?

gotta check if i find it....

DOH!!!!!

yes... i found it now.....

got confused for a while....

Do i need to run this in a mod folder as it said in the readme or can i just backup the original files and over wright them and the game will run ok ! huh.gif.

beacause when i run the mod shortcut there is no intro screen and i would like to make missions and play the game with out shuting it down and starting again with the moded shortcut huh.gif

or have i just insalled it wrong banghead.gif

ps: good work and well done notworthy.gif

Thanks for the update Sickboy this is going to be real handy.

btw. The included read me does not state that you need at least 1.24GB of free hard disk space for the extra files. Although most people will have free capacity, it is possible that someone who does not, might attempt the patch and cause all sorts of problems. huh.gif

Thanks again.

The included read me does not state that you need at least 1.24GB of free hard disk space for the extra files. Although most people will have free capacity, it is possible that someone who does not, might attempt the patch and cause all sorts of problems.  huh.gif

Thanks again.

Thanks for the mention of the filesize, as I always have 10's of gb's free I didnt think about it. I will add it in future version's readmes and I put it in the 1st post aswell.
Do i need to run this in a mod folder as it said in the readme or can i just backup the original files and over wright them and the game will run ok ! .

beacause when i run the mod shortcut there is no intro screen and i would like to make missions and play the game with out shuting it down and starting again with the moded shortcut

or have i just insalled it wrong  

ps: good work and well done

If you want the intro, remove -nosplash from the equasion, thats the parameter to remove the intro of the game, you really wanna watch that everytime btw?

You can move the patched files from your editorupdate folder into the normal addons folder as you wish... I only didnt want to edit too much original files incase of future bis patches that might require original files as the file is going to be patched to a newer version.

At a possible future update of the patcher, I will include 2 bat files or installers so you can easily choose if you wish to install it in modfolder or in your normal folder.

Quote[/b] ]Why don't you just release addons instead of patches??

We are very sorry for the (minor) complexity of the installation, but we, as we are only fans just like you,

wish to be on the safe side concerning Copyrights etc., nor want to piss off anyone, that's why we choose this road!

Idea Games noted that distributing edited versions of official original ArmA game content, could result in lawsuits.

Thats Ridiculous BIS let us make an Editor Update Addon for OFP.. mad_o.gif so why not ArmA, id rarther have an addon than to do all this patching

Sickboy,

Is your Editor upgrade v0.1 compat with 1.02 Patch ?

You plan another release and  i should wait, or can i "patch" Arma 1.02 without Pb ?

Thx wink_o.gif

EDIT : I try install Upgrade, seems not worked for me huh.gif