Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

6thSense.eu's EditorUpdate Released!

Quote[/b] ]Why don't you just release addons instead of patches??

We are very sorry for the (minor) complexity of the installation, but we, as we are only fans just like you,

wish to be on the safe side concerning Copyrights etc., nor want to piss off anyone, that's why we choose this road!

Idea Games noted that distributing edited versions of official original ArmA game content, could result in lawsuits.

Thats Ridiculous BIS let us make an Editor Update Addon for OFP.. mad_o.gif so why not ArmA, id rarther have an addon than to do all this patching

I agree... I call BS here.

You can just upgrade to v1.02, but you can't use the editorupdate until I update it, soon.

New Editorupdate is available in the 6th Sense Mod v0.2, now integrated, check sig

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]Why don't you just release addons instead of patches??

We are very sorry for the (minor) complexity of the installation, but we, as we are only fans just like you,

wish to be on the safe side concerning Copyrights etc., nor want to piss off anyone, that's why we choose this road!

Idea Games noted that distributing edited versions of official original ArmA game content, could result in lawsuits.

Thats Ridiculous BIS let us make an Editor Update Addon for OFP..   mad_o.gif so why not ArmA, id rarther have an addon than to do all this patching

I agree... I call BS here.

I mentioned Idea Games, and not BIS. And as I didn't make an editor addon like G85, but edited the BIS files to not have to have extra addons in the addons[] and addonsauto[] lines of missions, and the need for clients to have it....  Idea Games told me that they don't want original gamecontent to be distributed (edited/unedited), otherwise it could result in law suits. So that's the story smile_o.gif

You can just upgrade to v1.02, but you can't use the editorupdate until I update it, soon.

New Editorupdate is available in the 6th Sense Mod v0.2, now integrated, check sig

Thx for your FastWork SickBoy wink_o.gif

Now, i can Finish some extra-mpmissions xmas_o.gif

Are you SantaClaus for give me a Fast Work/Answer to my request ? tounge2.gif

Thx again wink_o.gif

Forgive my ignorance, but if I make a mission with the extra content in this mod and a new patch (by Bis) comes out will the mission I made continue to work?

Thx for your help.gif

Forgive my ignorance, but if I make a mission with the extra content in this mod and a new patch (by Bis) comes out will the mission I made continue to work?

Thx for your  help.gif

Quote[/b] ]Those that do not make or edit missions do not need this addon; Missions created with this addon work flawlessly on those system aswell, simply because this editor addon only enables classes that are already available in ArmA, they were just hidden! Nobody needs to have an extra addon now to just display what was already in ArmA available!

Which counts the same for when bis releases a new patch, as you will need to wait for me to update my editorupgrade... still, the missions are playable with all the objects just in there, you just won't be able to add more of these objects to ur mission until I release an update smile_o.gif

Idea Games Suck [German made a Editor Upgrade Addon] note its an upgrade if it was an Editor Update Addon still only the mission editors would need it, but since its still an addon we cant use it.. BS, Therefore your still releasing content to everyone.. Im sure BIS wouldn't let Idea Games file a lawsuit because you made an Editor Update Addon.. BIS would get flamed to the max.. for such nonsense. Anyhoo im going to make it into an addon myself. smile_o.gif But you are doing good work, just need to take a risk you cant loose yay.gif

BTW: is it possible to make a unit: SF able to heal, also make another H with the ability to repair and rearm called FARP. ? or would that have to be an Editor Upgrade?

That's "changing things" while my addon is only for making available the classes that are already there.

Shall we btw not pick up a discussion about addons and legal issues etc, I don't know why it should be discussed and for sure not in my "Release" thread! Besides, others can take all the risk they want, but i'm not risking anything!

PS Goodluck releasing it as an addon (with the same features (players dont need the addon)), and keeping it under 200mb of download, as this setup is only possible with editing the original files smile_o.gif

Is there a list of building types that go with these new names that are in the editor now?

I've compiled a simple building list with a VERY SHORT DESCRIPTION of each(this is for the german version). Size - Interior Access and special features. Some the non building objects with strange names too.

Is this something anyone would want?

I plan to use it to save time.

Anyway, Thx for the mod. Real nice.

thumbs-up.gif

Well, It would be interesting to include it with the readme etc!

If you would like to share ur list, if it's in English written of coarse biggrin_o.gif, I would appreciate it very much biggrin_o.gif

I havnt had chance to check the map for the name of the Tank Trap. Have you had any luck finding the Anti Tank Barricade/ Tank Trap ? Also is there any chairs and tables? i couldnt find any.

Cheers

GC

all i want is the editor objects to make missions is all i need to install is the "6th-editorupdate_v0.2_install.bat"

i see lota different stuff in there and im soo confused confused_o.gif

all i want is the editor objects to make missions is all i need to install is the "6th-editorupdate_v0.2_install.bat"

i see lota different stuff in there and im soo confused  confused_o.gif

Yes, that's it, don't forget to enable the mod-folder after that wink_o.gif

Does anyone know why this mod (and the similar ones) do not actually reveal ALL objects which you see on Sahrani Island or why they cannot be revealed?

Some examples:

- most walls/fences: concrete/brick/rock walls, farm fences, green wire mesh fence, red/white balustrade

- the non-broken & climb-under walls for: Land_zed_dira (including the civil & desert variations)

- street lights

- street signs

- furniture & large garbage bins

- rocks & trees (possible?)

and other stuff, but it's the walls which are the most critical to me atm. If some walls are public, surely all can be made public.

i got German Version i moved the instal bat to my ArmA folder and hit the bat when i click any key to continue it shuts down

unable to get it working any ideas ? crazy_o.gif

i got German Version i moved the instal bat to my ArmA folder and hit the bat when i click any key to continue it shuts down

unable to get it working any ideas ? crazy_o.gif

Hi, Please unpack the full package into your arma folder, then follow the instructions from the editorupdate readme or from the Editorupdate Wiki

Goodluck m8!

AWESOME Worked thanks alot  notworthy.gif

Very Nice to Hear, have fun! yay.gif

why no trees bushs bridges  banghead.gif

comeon SICKY  nener.gif

pistols.gif Because they are not defined in configs but are placed directly in/on the Island pistols.gif

smile_o.gif

Or I have not looked properly enough, if so, tell me thumbs-up.gifsmile_o.gif

noooooooooo way

so there is no other way to get all ArmA objects to the editor ?

pistols.gifcrazy_o.gif

noooooooooo way

so there is no other way to get all ArmA objects to the editor ?

pistols.gif  crazy_o.gif

I guess someone who likes, should invest some time into this and check if we simply can make new classes that point to the trees and bushes etc, so we can use those classes smile_o.gif

I might take a look at the next Patch release...

hey sickboy,

i have the eng patch on my german version, and several mods in my arma. after reading your readme for this im confused.

i want to get the extra objects for my editor, but whats the easiest way to accomplish it using your mod? i mean, do i need to uninstall arma, then reinstall, install your mod, then patch, then readd my mods? im confused.

cant i just install your mod while my game is already containing mods? AND am i to expect many many more stuff in the objects of the mission editor? also, i think i saw it adds units? what units?

i have the eng patch on my german version, and several mods in my arma.  after reading your readme for this im confused.

i want to get the extra objects for my editor, but whats the easiest way to accomplish it using your mod?  i mean, do i need to uninstall arma, then reinstall, install your mod, then patch, then readd my mods?  im confused.  

cant i just install your mod while my game is already containing mods?  AND am i to expect many many more stuff in the objects of the mission editor?  also, i think i saw it adds units?  what units?

Hey There!

http://trac.6thsense.eu:800/arma/trac/wiki/6thSense.eu%20EditorUpdate

Follow the installation instructions from that wiki, you do not have to uninstall/reinstall anything.

Uninstall/reinstall is only nececairy for the Language Patch, if a new Game Patch Comes out smile_o.gif

Goodluck!

PS: I added a section "Contents" to the wiki... I should include the classnames at some point, but got just too many projects running smile_o.gif

If someone has a link to a page with all the buildings and classnames etc... I remember seeying a picture / classnames database... then I could add this link to my wiki, thanks in advance!