Sign in to follow this  
Dimitriv

After 20 mins crashes

Hi guys, I've bought online ArmA 3 days ago and I've wanted to play it. After 20 mins (low details, AA and AF and Shadows disabled) I start to see extremly low textures on the ground and buildings and If I want to exit it remains on reciving screen (very low resolution) and I have to shut it down it with Task Manager.

My PC specs

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ ~1.8 GHz

1 GB of RAM

250 Hdd space

ATi Radeon 9800 pro 128 mb (driver date 24/7/2006)

Microsoft Direct X (last version)

Any help? what should I do? Should I update my drivers or change my video card?

You want to play Armed Assault I say upgrade very quickly....

or stay goodnight.gif ....

To play I would look at aleast 3.0 cpu and at least 1 gig ram 2 would be better and very strong Graphic card with 256mb min biggrin_o.gif

DarkPhantom @ Nov. 30 2006,10:13)]You want to play Armed Assault I say upgrade very quickly....

or stay  goodnight.gif ....

To play I would look at aleast 3.0 cpu and at least 1 gig ram 2 would be better and very strong Graphic card with 256mb min biggrin_o.gif

Too bad in my country the PC components are very expensive...BTW why req this huge performances?

an upgrade to computer would be wise and nice if you want to play the game properlly.

Minimum specs:

2Ghz CPU, 512MB of RAM, 128MB video card is the minimum spec.

Recommended are:

3Ghz, 1GB RAM, 256MB video card.

try updating your motherboard driver...

I found some strange thing going on, it was the same with OFP.

I have an Nforce 2 board, and I played ofp, suddenly my PC restarted completely!

then I installed new Motherboard driver and that has never been appeared...until yesterday...with ArmA same shit, different day wink_o.gif

but I installed latest Nforce 2 Driver then and after that it all worked fine (not fps though lol).

hopefully bis will patch the graphics soon!

and also that morphicon has that hotfix for the german version asap.

confused_o.gif

I have a 2.1 ghz cpu, i have good frame rates on Med-High settings. Graphics card and ram need to be upgraded.

Hi guys, I've bought online ArmA 3 days ago and I've wanted to play it. After 20 mins (low details, AA and AF and Shadows disabled) I start to see extremly low textures on the ground and buildings and If I want to exit it remains on reciving screen (very low resolution) and I have to shut it down it with Task Manager.

My PC specs

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ ~1.8 GHz

1 GB of RAM

250 Hdd space

ATi Radeon 9800 pro 128 mb (driver date 24/7/2006)

Microsoft Direct X (last version)

Any help? what should I do? Should I update my drivers or change my video card?

your specs are on the absolute borderline to play this game.

try running the game with the startup parameter "-maxmem=VALUE".

Quote[/b] ]-nomap is an Operation Flashpoint Startup Parameter, which forces OFP to avoid memory mapping for file access.

Flashpoint only. This 'switch' has no effect for Armed Assault and is not relevant for, Armed Assault. Potentially, use -maxmem for similar intended results.

While memory mapping is very efficient from a performance point of view, it can quickly fill all available virtual space, causing various memory allocation errors or even driver crashes or freezes.

This switch is especially important for users with display adapters with large amounts of VRAM (128MB or more), which reserves a lot of virtual addresses in the application address space for themselves.

for example "-nosplash -maxmem=1024"

(what VALUE you use for maxmem and what it best for your rig you need to see for yourself)

I have similar problem. After playing several minutes, the ArmA is hung. If I tabulate it has windows I have the desktop to 320x240 and if closure at the time the ArmA gets lost the sign with the monitor though windows is(am) still active.

I have last drivers of Nvidia 158.19

My PC is Core2Duo E6400

Asus PW5 DH Deluxe

2 GB Kingston 800

XFX GeForce 8800 GTX

I have the exact same problem with Legolasindar. Whenever the LOD bug kicks in i dare not ALT+TAB as my main monitor will go to sleep. looking at my second monitor however i see that windows is functioning properly.

I seem to be getting the LOD bug after ten seconds (literally, no joke) after starting a game. FPS drops to 8 when standing still, no zoom, but rises back to normal (30FPS) in optics.

Any idea what's happening?

Ok so im basically having the same problem as the person who started this thread. I have the same computer stats to except my AMD Anthlon processor runs at 2.2Gz. Im not very good with computer terminology so huh.gif ... should i buy a new Graphics card and get more RAM? Or do i need to get something else? Thanks smile_o.gif

Ok so im basically having the same problem as the person who started this thread. I have the same computer stats to except my AMD Anthlon processor runs at 2.2Gz. Im not very good with computer terminology so huh.gif ... should i buy a new Graphics card and get more RAM? Or do i need to get something else? Thanks smile_o.gif

did you try latest patch with hot fix? it should fix this 30 min dead marlarkey and there is a Flush command which flush out VRAM broken memory now

mee too , CTD after 1.07

although my PC is much stronger, simply game became unplayble because of still crashing

I have tried to download the newest patch but since i downloaded it from the Atari site it already came with higher patch(1.06) then on the ArmA site(1.05). And how would you do the Flush command thing?(sorry if its a very basic thing to do i dont know how to do much on the comp) And what exactly do you mean by flushed out VRAM broken memory?