Sign in to follow this  
Shadow NX

RHS release 2

You seem to be expecting positive comments from everybody,that just doesn't happen. Yes I am sure you invested alot of time into it,we'v seen how long you have had it and I congragulate you on its release and all that but what I am getting at in terms of changes is this.

When you jump from version to version then you would want to include a DETAILED list of what has changed would you not? Such as the Franze AH-64,or was it MAS...either way. My comment may seem very negative to you but it is how you took it,I never once said "This addon is a piece of shit." Far from it,its great but that is what I mean,what I mostly see is Scars work here,you didn't give alot of detail as to what the other stuff was so how should I know? Not to mention the scripts are possibly borrowed from other addons,this is not a crime but if so it would not hurt to credit them.

You mix something mate...

This is the first pack there is no version before... you consider the one Hind we gave FFUR cause they asked for it a previous version?

Youre free to say things that you dont like but if its crap like its all scars work and whats the hype then you better put a sock in it...

@Franze

Yes thats a bit of it but i assure thats not every lil thing that was done, tweaking cammos and fixing up lil things are already few hours... it snot like this bird has oen big texture i just need to tweak

Anyway, back to some discussion about the addon itself.

Youre free to say things that you dont like but if its crap like its all scars work and whats the hype then you better put a sock in it...

Alright,I take my comment of the version thing back.

Yes I admit its great,I am curious as to why it took 2 years,thats about it. Probably the best hind I'v seen in any game but thats as far as my worshipping goes. This isn't the first addon to include these scripts.

Just noted... That when missiles are locked on you the pilots sight flashes red and missiles are called out very handy. Great addon guys... every inch of it is gorgeous and the p cas is amazingly good fun

Alright,I take my comment of the version thing back.

Yes I admit its great,I am curious as to why it took 2 years,thats about it. Probably the best hind I'v seen in any game but thats as far as my worshipping goes. This isn't the first addon to include these scripts.

Wow i should make me a signature with this, here we go again:

We do this in the freetime, we are not even a handfull, sometimes things are on halt for quite a time simply cause there is noone that can do it... for example before Kyle showed up noone was really able to script these things... also i received the psd files for it very late...

We owe noone anything i think, be happy that its out and keep the bitchin for somewhere else

But next time you help us then we release it within a month i guess smile_o.gif

Okay so perhaps the 2 years was a jump,with all of that other stuff,the T-80s and T-90s as well as pilots. As for the psd files. That helps. So congrats on the release,the end.

Who does the uniform textures for you guys, Steve?

I do them mostly by trying to draw on pictures, glad that i have quite a few things in my closet for reference.

You see more of that soon i think, but i gotta say all that is crap compared to what Laser has done in the meantime... but you also see that soon enough wink_o.gif

He felt challenged by something released lately so he came back from his "vacation" for this...

But i must say a pissed off Laser does amazing things... wink_o.gif

Challenged. Hahahaha! If only he'd be challenged by my poor attempt at basing some ACU addons on his old Ranger units, then we might see some quality. biggrin_o.gif

Id say your ACU units look absolutely great, not much need to improve there.... but we get offtopic

Indeed, we digress. I haven't used the pack yet, but no Mi35 this time?

EDIT - Just saw readme, stupid me. Hey, it's all good, it'd be a pain in the ass to make that damned cockpit anyway.

Thanks to all involved in bringing this beauty to OFP!

Definitely the best and most gorgeous chopper released so far! biggrin_o.gif I almost can't believe this is the same game I bought so many years ago! The only thing that imho could have been left out to make it even better are the rocket firing animations. I guess it's just a matter of taste but to me they look kinda messed up and low res compared to the chopper itself. Nevertheless an excellent addon. Well done!

Indeed, we digress. I haven't used the pack yet, but no Mi35 this time?

EDIT - Just saw readme, stupid me. Hey, it's all good, it'd be a pain in the ass to make that damned cockpit anyway.

No real need for it, most of the things it has wouldnt even be noticeable or usefull in OFP.

So if we did it it would mainly be some slightly altered instruments with new displays and systems and a fixed landing gear.

This is certainly one oft the best textured and modelled helicopter addons released for OFP.

And another fine addition to my RHS folder.

The sounds, oh the sounds ... the hinds sounds are so great that it makes you feel sorry for the opposite vehicles hammered by them, really one of the finest impact/firing sounds i heard in OFP.

The anti AA missile script is too effective, as in that test i previewed 3 times to be sure :

gfhfgyq5.jpg

None of the AA soldiers in red managed to hit my immobile flying hind (while it was throwing flares like a crazy wink_o.gif )

An overall superb job again icon14.gif

Oh, God, you guys just leave those Americans in such a dilemma in game when you released Mi-24 even in Iraqi version! Previously, my American troops are so powerful in OFP with support of diverse versions of Apache choppers. Now the situation changed when your Mi-24 came in tonight...

Great stuff as ever, RHS guys. Just wonder what's your nice next release. Whether you would also release some solider troops or BMP-2 AFV recently?

Thanks RHS for a great bit or kit thumbs-up.gif

Also You need to update your sigs smile_o.gif

Just found something and not sure whether it's a bug or just for me. Mi24 is very powerful for armored targets but it seems they are not sensitive to infantry targets and almost seldom fired to infantry, sometimes never fired to them. So in game, the enemy infantry still cause my troops dreadful killings whent I thought Mi24 should support them effectively.

got the time and tested the hinds, really stunningly beatiful choppers and good loadouts. smile_o.gif

Also love the chopper landing gear coming down and the really detailed interiors. Only thing missing would have been a map like in the bas blackhawks that show where you are but that could be too much maybe biggrin_o.gif

one bad thing is the yellowish stuff that pops up behind the ffar pylons , it looks very low resish compared to the rest of the work. Also great job on making a iraqi Hind too, there aren't so many good looking mid east addons out there. I think these stuff is almost Arma ready smile_o.gif anyways im off to sleep now cause its like almost 5 in the mornin whistle.gif guys your addons make me sleep to little rofl.gif btw sounds are also awesome!! i know the owp mi-17 pack had a version wich could drop some fire bombs or something , have the mi-24's ever been equiped with those?

Absolutely love the Hinds! Everything from the helicopters themselves, crew and weapon systems are just amazing. I will be up all night just trying them out in all sorts of different missions. Just one question though, I couldn't find the Hind version (pictured in the collage that has the shark logo)? Was curious if that was one model that didn't make the cut. But getting back to the issue at hand I love this pack, thank you RHS team!

notworthy.gif Beautiful Aircraft!

Top work Scar and RHS.

But ..... why the f$#% does my frame drop to some low rediculous number on an empty Hind, until I start the engine whistle.gif

Seems like you didnt loop a script too well.