Kirby

Your favorate OFP mood/situation?

160x5rrjn5.gif

Played some pretty snazzy missions with my squad using NIM's Blizzard game logic, that made for some really atmospheric missions.

I might check that out and add it to my clans addon pack along with a winter map. any good winter ones out there? i want a good, but small in size, one.

There's plenty of good winter maps out there, Kegety's Winter Kolgujev, CJE's Winter Nogova and (can't remember)'s Winter Kodiak spring to mind, try looking them up.

Okies. Was just tryingto get ideas on whats quite small yet good at the same time. *hash a lookesh on ofp.infosh*

Walking alone, trying to make it back to base. It's mid-day, you cautiously go from forest to forest making your way closer and closer. You suddendly feel as if you are safe. So you go at ease. Then, two tank shells fire their sabots right next to you.. (not MG's) and miss. You run like hell, meanwhile thinking: AHA SUCKA's! Missed me! Aieeeeeeeeeee!!!!! *running as fast as you can as far as you can*

My favorite situation is when its all so quite at 0600 hours and then you here over the radio "Element" then which you start to turn your rotor blades, the men siting in the back of the uh-60 wondering if its going to be there last helicopter journey, there commander reassuring them about the mission and not there thoughts, as the helicopter fly's across the sea high speed [AEC Islands] towards the shore of everon, as we near the landing zone we see and hear bullets and shells racking past our helicopter every so often a load of shrapnel hitting the bird in the sky, then as you fly towards the enemy strong hold you get a sense of fear as you see the 2 shilikas come over the top of the hills as you radio your rangers they radio back "Already on it" then as 5 seconds pass you see the 2 tanks exploding at the same time as your fear fades you sweep down below the tree tops flying fast dodging bullet fire and tank shells you come to your LZ which ridden with enemy, your gunner in the mh60 firing his Gatling gun then the commanding the back asks for quick air suppose to ease the fire coming from enemy on the LZ soon after the A10 sweeps past us and drops a few LGBs into the treeline killing loads of russains and stopping most of the fire onto the LZ as i swoop the helicopter around onto the hot lz and as my passengers unboard as fast as they can i soon take off after 3 seconds and rtb to repair and rearm.

[mp missions ive played with clan once] many more like it but as Infantry role..

Another great moment in a online combined Arms Match against the AI was when we were patrolling along this road with Ah-64 flying overhead looking for the enemy, it soon went all quite then we heard the hum of a tractor in the distance, as we turned around the tractor was nearly on us then all of a sudden the tractor hits one of our soldiers and pops up on the screen saying Ex-RoNiN has been killed. It was a sad moment. But funny too rofl.gif and then a man pops out of the tractor [slattery] and says opps i never seen him..

A thing that scared the pants off me once was in the XDF WGL server.

We were attacking a village and those XDF wusses wouldnt go down to check if it was clear. So I advanced down the hill, over half way down a little VDV head pops over the hill. I take aim...

Bang. Hes dead.

Then, about 12 other VDVs come running over the hill waving bloody AK-74's around, I shoot about 3 of them and decide to run after 4 rounds pang off the floor around in in-between my feet. For about 30 seconds, the whole time running up this hill, I have about 9 VDV all shooting at me! Im like "OMGOMGOMG IM GUNNA DIIIE" but ever single AK round misses, leaving puffs of smoke and holes, but never hitting me, and Im talking close range here, *I* wouldnt have missed. Let alone 9 "elite" VDV. I get to the top of the hill and hit the dirt next to that wimp FoxHound as a round pings off the tree hes hiding behind...

"So is it clear?"

confused_o.gif

I rekon they fired about 1000 rounds of ammo at me that day

I love that feeling of "Oh shit, I'm gunna die!" But then making it tounge2.gif

I like the feeling I get during and immediately after I run over a teammate with a jeep.

rofl.gif Nice. *Makes sure no BlackDog gets into my games* lol

I'm a big fan of DAC, and I like applying large DAC zones to simulate a busy enemy territory, then going in to perform some mission layered over it. After I've switched the DAC map markers off, disabled the DAC radio messages I no longer have any idea what's going on or whether I've been spotted, or whether backup is on the way or not. It adds so much to the atmosphere to have all this activity, and going silent & slow becomes an imperative.

Also, along the same lines, I like to have one large eastern DAC zone in the center of an island, and one smaller (but just as populated) western DAC zone to one side of it, with a waypoint zone on the opposite side. That way, regular western patrols need to cross the eastern patrolled zone, with all the randomness and inter-group communication that DAC offers. It sets a superb backdrop to whatever your mission is and makes it seem that an independent war is being raged around you, which kicks off whether you're there to do anything or not, and is different each time.

And both of those scenarios adds a luck factor into things just to mess things up a bit smile_o.gif

I myself love CQB firefights. For example, I was just playing an FDF Mod single player mission where I was part of a Spetz Natz team to take a town from Finnish forces and really really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the tension it created, for example snipers on the roofs and soldiers dotted around the town.

I know it is odd, but my favorite thing in this game is riding the blackhawk out of a combat zone. It just feels right to know that you have the security of a uh60 to get you back home.

Of course, in MP that is a moot point. People tend to shoot at you with weapons that work :p

My favorite mood was when I first got the game (AI maybe too smart now)

Is when you can hear the sound of tank/bmp coming your way and you have nothing to take it out.Looking for objects to hide by.The tank comes, your hiding in a shrub and the turret is turning looking for you.Scary

My fave mood is when you come face to face with an enemy, and it's a race to get the first shot off.

My favorite mood was when I first got the game (AI maybe too smart now)

Is when you can hear the sound of tank/bmp coming your way and you have nothing to take it out.Looking for objects to hide by.The tank comes, your hiding in a shrub and the turret is turning looking for you.Scary

I know that feeling wow_o.gif

It still happens sometimes.

my first ofp modd was when I saw the bombings of baghdad in 2003.

What? You reached 200 posts, aren't you happy yet?

Anyways, I never really thought of this question. I like siezing towns and defending them too. Day or night.

dont u like reenacting like the iraqi tank battles or the war in afghanistan ?

dont u like reenacting like the iraqi tank battles or the war in afghanistan ?

Sure, if I was a kid with alot of friends and 2x4's at my disposal. wink_o.gif

*AHEM*

Try not to clog my beautiful thread with spam...

Hey, has anyone seen my BI HQ Under Attack! Post in BI general? rofl.gif

Ironic that you're complaining about spam in this thread, when that "BI HQ Under Attack!" thread was spam itself, isn't it? whistle.gif

I did notice...

It's what I'm always like.

DON'T SPAM!

Caggage Rules!