Sign in to follow this  
-CS-SOBR-1st-I-R-

Special Forces in ArmA

Well I can well picture there will be Special Forces in ArmA like there is in OFP but ....

1. Why havent we ever seen even one single picture ?

2. American operators... will they be renamed ? Black of was kind of absured... and if renamed, will it be 1st SFOD (Delta Force) or 1st. Special Forces (Green Berets), or SEALs ??

3. Which DPM will they use ? Think of the Spetsnaz and how their DPM has changed through the decades...

4. Will there be jungle, desert, mountain, standard DPM for the special forces ?

5. Will the inventory have handgrenades ? In OFP, Spec ops were in disadvantages compared to infantry as in CQB fighting, they had no handgrenades.

6. Will they have "knifes" or "hand to hand combat capacity" for siling killing ?

7. Dedicated Special Op. sniperteam ?

Or does anyone have any other kind of Info about Special Forces in ArmA ??

Have you ever seen real special forces in operation, in like iraq or so? of course you haven't. they're not called special forces because they get more publicity you know.

smile_o.gif

anyway, we haven't seen a single screenshot with nightvision either... what kind of special forces operates without nightvision googles...

Remember WHY the americans are on sara? Indeed, to train the south sara's, they dont need special forces for that do they?

Remember WHY the americans are on sara? Indeed, to train the south sara's, they dont need special forces for that do they?

Thats what the Green Berets do mate.. they are trained to raise guerrilla armies and uprisings on the soil of the enemy and operate, for weeks or month behind enemy lines.

Whereas the Dboys or SEALs have "missions" as we know them.. storm buildings, free hostages etc.

Yeah that picture is quite nice.. at least we see that the north Sara Special Ops use the AKS-74U and mainly are in soviet spetsnaz style.

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, we haven't seen a single screenshot with nightvision either

I have in one of the gameplay movies (the gameTV vid (500Mb) I think), here are a few screens

NVG1.jpg

NVG2.jpg

NVG3.jpg

Answer your troubles? Its an Oldish screenshot but it does clearly state: SF, they have silenced M4s and NVGs.

Photo

One thing I've always found strange about the official Sahrani story is the use of units. They on the one hand say that there are only regular Army units on the island to train the locals, but the helo's are from the 160SOAR, not exactly your average Army unit transporters...

Sure, the troops on the islands can be reinforced, but that would have revealed part of the storyline (though a none suprising one)

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Oct. 14 2006,04:31)]

Thats what the Green Berets do mate.. they are trained to raise guerrilla armies and uprisings on the soil of the enemy and operate, for weeks or month behind enemy lines.

Whereas the Dboys or SEALs have "missions" as we know them.. storm buildings, free hostages etc.

This isnt behind enemy lines, and the US dont want a guerrilla army. They want to show the world that the US isnt all that bad and give a training to the south sarahani's (which is friendly territory), which should also enhance the stability on the island. However, just when the US forces are done and for the most part withdrawn from the island, the NS army attacks.

(So i would expect these guys to train them rofl.gif )

I think the word "Saboteur" in the photo is a nice indicator of the fact that he's an SF unit.

Damn, you know I didn't notice that, thanks. Looks like the OFP Russian Officer, but Cool none the less.

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Oct. 14 2006,04:31)]

This isnt behind enemy lines, and the US dont want a guerrilla army. They want to show the world that the US isnt all that bad and give a training to the south sarahani's (which is friendly territory), which should also enhance the stability on the island. However, just when the US forces are done and for the most part withdrawn from the island, the NS army attacks.

(So i would expect these guys to train them rofl.gif )

of course they would send special forces to do that job, thats what happens in real life and i would think thats what would happen on s. sarani, regular troops are not trained how to teach multiple skills to untrained soldiers, special forces such as royal marines, paras and such like are trained on just about everything, and therefore are in a better position to teach.

And SF forces cross-train all over the world.

If the US trains south saranian troops, they will most definitely train them how to win. And that's what SF guys are trained to do.

German elite soldiers train all over the globe, even in combat environments as A-Stan (yes, germanys elite force is fighting the Taliban, which our government tried to hide from the public). They call it training, I call it the right thing.

In OFP the "Black Ops" were the MAC V SOG types of characters. Unknown to everyone, cool, silent professionals with deadly precision but not officially deployed.

If they use regular SF, you can't deny their presence, even in Iraq and A-Stan those forces stick out of the common grunts (beards, pimped-up gear etc)

Quote[/b] ]yes, germanys elite force is fighting the Taliban, which our government tried to hide from the public

Noone was hiding it. It´s just a matter of the unit itself that most of their missions are conducted secretely as they are the ones who are sent in without a broad political discussion and their unique political and military status makes them what they are. A special forces team with the abiltiy to deploy and operate worldwide without logistic overkill and a very short reaction-time on international developements.

They denied any german presence in a-stan in war times, but the us-forces leaked information about KSK being deployed, so the government had no choice to tell there are german elite soldiers in the stan. however, the government does not tell the full story about the involvement of "our" troops. Germany is still ashamed of the WW2 issue, which is sad, since that generation is almost deceased. That's the reason, why Merkel said it was a "historical" mission to send troops near israel. Because she is afraid anyone could think bad of germany. What a pitty all that.

The gov even denies any sniper kills since WW2, we all know they had their part on the balkans. Well, that is Germany. Afraid someone might think we are still in the 1940s.

Back on topic: The black ops in OFP could hide bodies, I never found out, if the AI realized the fact, someone was shot. Is this feature still present and will there be some use of this skills?

Do they still stay undetected if the enemy is nearly tripping on their sorry butts?

Any other info about the unconventional warfare branch in ArmA?

(Don't want to hijack this thread, do the snipers wear ghillie suits/ special camouflage at all? In the videos they were plain infantry wearing BDUs and hats).

It is sad that the US special forces only wear the same gear as standard infantry. Only modified M4s dont let them look like real SFs.

link: picture of US SFs

@ThePredator - special forces cross-train with almost every other nation. Daily or weekly they are sent to other countries to train with their SFs, it is just not said loudly everywhere. But its commonplace.

And... of the 170-180+ countries our globe has... they United States Green Berets are until today active in more than 150.

But lets get back ontopic again ... can anyone answer my first post ?

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Oct. 14 2006,20:50)]It is sad that the US special forces only wear the same gear as standard infantry. Only modified M4s dont let them look like real SFs.

link: picture of US SFs

@ThePredator - special forces cross-train with almost every other nation. Daily or weekly they are sent to other countries to train with their SFs, it is just not said loudly everywhere. But its commonplace.

And... of the 170-180+ countries our globe has... they United States Green Berets are until today active in more than 150.

But lets get back ontopic again ... can anyone answer my first post ?

thats obviously an old pic, and those "regular" units were used for the pilot models too as a placeholder.

There will definately be unique models for SFs, seeing as how there are already unique models for anti-tank soldiers, snipers, machinegunners, and pilots...perhaps more information will be seen regarding that soon